PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav Systems

Tony
19th June 2003, 05:58 PM
Can I ask a question?
Regarding aftermarket sat-nav systems.

Now, Ive been looking around, and Im quite keen. Some of these DVD systems, I presume would allow you to play tunes, watch DVD's and have a Sat-Nav facility,...no??

How then, does a aftermarket sat-nav system work? Is there a new GPS ariel fitted at the same time,..because without this, surely the car would never know where about it is anyway.........

Finally,....if an aftermarket Sat-Nav can do all of the above things,..which one would you guys recommend??

cheers big ears.

john
19th June 2003, 11:44 PM
I recomend that you come and see me:Dbest deals in town:D

Tony
19th June 2003, 11:52 PM
You know what John,....I jist knew you were going to say that..:)

Im just looking** at the moment,...needing some advice and ideas,....so youll be the man to speak to.....
...ill maybe pop out past....when are you open??..and do these systems do the full monty?

Ive got an old PS2,..which dosent get used much nowadays,...could it get a new lease of life in the car instead, you think??

Im totally useless with ICE installs, so it would have to be left in your goo care...

**(when you read ' just looking' - substitute for spent too much money, and has to REALLY justify it to the missus before spending anymore)

:cool:

Tony
19th June 2003, 11:53 PM
not goo,....john,...i didnt mean to say that youve got gooey hands,..
i meant good,...
capable,..
expert,..:)