PDA

View Full Version : Snow tyres kick Ass

Moonshine
18th January 2005, 05:46 PM
Wow - what a difference - highly recommended on a second set of 15" rims - driving on snow and slush is so predictable - even at 50 on the motorway.
The car moves around a bit, but hills, braking, accellerating from junctions are all so easy - almost like driving on tarmac, except the reaction control light bliks away everyso often, acting a bit like a LSD.

Bring it on!!

Gerry:D

Big Gordy
18th January 2005, 06:29 PM
Not worth it for me to invest in a set:dead: We don't get that much snow to make it a problem;) :p:D:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
18th January 2005, 10:02 PM
Would have to agree Gerry. The 17s are sh*te on snow. Had to get pushed twice this morning going up St Clair Street in Kirkcaldy.

Moonshine
24th February 2005, 07:03 PM
Again.... Snow tyres Kick Ass!!!!! - Came over the A66 last night about 9pm - about 5 minutes before they closed it - drifting snow, ice and lots of jacknifed trucks - Car never set a foot wrong, despite being able to spin wheels in 5th with no effort on the ice.

PS....to the Malcolm's Truck driver who jacknifed into the central reservation - sorry you deserved it - overtaking 5 cars wasn't your smartest move.....pity you probably closed the road to everyone else behind - i would have stopped, but it was your own fault.

GErry

GAJ
24th February 2005, 07:19 PM
Driving back from Glasgow just before midnight last night in the blizzard on the ice on the 17" was 'interesting'!

Scottie
24th February 2005, 07:45 PM
It's times like this that your glad to have a lovely big 4x4:D;):p

even if we only had a wee flurry of snow here @ Inverness

Fontal
24th February 2005, 09:37 PM
Belive it or not but we have no snow it is blue sky's and sunshine here :(

redpoint rallying
25th February 2005, 03:51 AM
Aye, snow tyres do work. I would have to say too, that I have a couple of 'affordable' Federals on the 'S' on 17" rims and they are astonishingly good in the snow. I really didnt expect them to be as good as they are!

Cheers!