PDA

View Full Version : Firstly...

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:42 AM
I'd like to say god bless the person that invented superchargers!!!

Secondly...does the popping that the car makes when revved and allowed to settle back down to idle go away? I REALLY hope not as it sounds awesome. :D

Thirdly...1250 miles under 4500rpm??? That's just sick!

sh@z
17th January 2005, 07:48 AM
congrats matey :) we need pics!

Dunno about the popping, but thats due to ur exhaust is it not???

Yeah the running in period is a killer aint it

Again!! PICS!

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:50 AM
I've only got pics on my phone as no one near me has a digi and mines is bust! :( I'll try and snaffle a camera from work tomorrow and find some kind soul to host them for me.

sh@z
17th January 2005, 07:55 AM
WIT!!! you mean u didnt have a digicam ready on the arrival of ur S lol ;)

Congrats again mate :p

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:57 AM
I know! I only found out the Digi didn't work the morning before! I'll try and scan in some of the pics taken on the day (and there were a lot of 'em as my mum got carried away!) ;)

Thanks for the congrants shaz. I'm a happy big bunny. :cool::D

The Dogfather
17th January 2005, 07:59 AM
1250 run in? Pah!

I could do that in week!

Looking forwrd to the pics. I'll have to wait another couple of years before upgrading to an S and a OneD! Bugger!

Big Col
17th January 2005, 08:00 AM
I'll try and sort out some pics tomorrow if the boss looks the other way for a sec. :)

Julz
17th January 2005, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I'd like to say god bless the person that invented superchargers!!!

coughBBRcoughconversionsplutter

Big Col
17th January 2005, 05:09 PM
Noooooooo! <covers bank managers ears>

Wul
17th January 2005, 05:18 PM
Heh heh - Col - when I wen't from my coop to the S I was the same - it's amazing how used to short shifting you get though - 4500 revs in 6th is still a fair ol rate of knots!!

But what we wan't to know is Col - how many times have you forgot about 6th gear yet!? :p

Glad your happy with the new motor tho Col - roll on 1251 miles :approve:

Big Col
17th January 2005, 05:31 PM
<grins> I've not really forgotten about 6th that often but I've found myself shifting into 5th and thinking it's third a couple of times.

You're right though. The wee beasite fairly shifts even when you are limiting it to 4500. The torque is brilliant! :D

The one thing I wasn't expecting was the attention it gets from people. I've had a guy in an Elise checking it out, lil kids turning round in their seats in the car in front, neds trying to race it in Corsas. I wasn't really expecting that. Not that I'm complaining. :D

I can't wait for 1251 miles though! I imagine I'll be watching the clock roll over as I drop it into second and plant it. :D:cool:

Big Gordy
17th January 2005, 05:53 PM
Glad you're happy with the new mowta Col:D
Tradition dictates that you must now give 'it' a name:approve:
How about 'Yellow Pinky' :p:D:approve:

Wul
17th January 2005, 07:05 PM
Gordy should that not have been "stinky"? :eek::clown:

Willie M
17th January 2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah, congrats Big Col. Glad to hear you're having fun with your new buddy :cool: Believe me, the fun'll just get better and better.

Wul
17th January 2005, 07:12 PM
Oh and once it's run-in wait till you discover the pootling around in 6th drop straight to 4th and blast it overtaking manouvre - that's a personal fave of mine :approve:

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:13 PM
Ok. Does anyone fancy a run to Inverness???

The Dogfather
17th January 2005, 07:35 PM
Col, I've got a run coming up :D

You'd probably run up 500 miles easy if you came on that! Just kidding ;)

euan
17th January 2005, 08:31 PM
I've often thought I was in a lower gear than I was. Recently rediscovered a sweet spot around 50 in 4th on a back road that has a string of corners that the MINI is just right in the perfect power band for. Blat, brake, turn, blat, brake, turn. Sweet!

Nice one though Col, will need to see pictures though!

And the popping, well you need to find a tunnel. There is one under the runway at Manchester which is usually pretty quiet so you just drop the window and listen to that overrun :)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 08:38 PM
Does that mean it's permanent??? YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

euan
17th January 2005, 08:50 PM
Oh yes, very permanent :) You'll be blipping the throttle like a lunatic forever now. I know I do :)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 09:22 PM
http://forums1.roadfly.org/mini/forums/cooper/6070944-1.html

IAIN is this right?

euan
17th January 2005, 10:08 PM

IAIN is this right?

I'm sure I'd read that on MINI2 somewhere.

Big Col
17th January 2005, 10:13 PM
It turns out the 2005 'S has a redesigned exhaust to give "a deep, bass rumble coupled with a satisfying overrun burble" Me like! :D:cool:

Wul
17th January 2005, 10:37 PM
Wah - me wan't one of those zorsts!! :(

euan
17th January 2005, 11:29 PM
I have to admit I have considered looking into what I'd get for mine as a trade in. Little things that I'd like on the car (3 spoke steering wheel, exhaust, little bit more power) have all nudged me. But that starts a WHOLE new discussion.

Big Col
17th January 2005, 11:44 PM
I'd say go for it! Mines feels nippier than Iains when I drove it (Iain agrees with that), the popping from the overrun is just awesome and the wee changes in the interiour make a huge difference. The puddle lights, the wee pool lights for the centre console, you get the limited slip diff, it's got the better xenons (which I think are awesome no matter what others think but I had the standard lights in my cooper), there's the auto lights (but I dunno if that's new) and then there's the extra wee nooks and crannys. Has the air conditioned glove box always been there?

euan
18th January 2005, 12:14 AM
I think so, my glove box certainly keeps my emergency smarties nice and cool...

Think I'll need to go to my local dealer and get a price for my car, purely in the course of intrest of course. What's the delivery time these days on an S?

Duncan Stewart
18th January 2005, 12:34 AM
Congrats on the new car Col. Sounds like you are really enjoying it :D

weefossy
18th January 2005, 06:30 AM
Col, sounds like all your Xmases have come at once. I love the popping sound, which is even better with the hood down. It brings a smile to my face every time. It will soon be run in.

Mini Me
18th January 2005, 07:56 AM

IAIN is this right?

Yup ,big stuff;)

Big Col
18th January 2005, 04:47 PM
Typical. I wait all my puff for a quick motor, have it 3 days then it snows. Those wide boy tyres are P!SH in the snow! :eek:

Wul
18th January 2005, 07:13 PM
Col - switch off the ASC+T - it's much more fun :approve:

Crombers
18th January 2005, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the car sir , if I see you in the Glasgow area (and with a spec like that you'd be hard to miss) I'll gie ye a wave (was gonna say flash but that just does not sound right at all !!)

Out in the snow eh , good to see that your not wrapping her up just for the good days

Big Col
18th January 2005, 10:00 PM
Nah no chance of me wrapping him up mate. He's not a puff like some of the other MINIs on here! :)

I'm going to take some pics this afternoon and try and work out how to post them (this may take some time).

You're right though...a bright yellow Aero kitted mini with viper stripes is a lil hard to miss. :D

Mini Me
18th January 2005, 10:11 PM
Col, when you get the pic's e-mail them to me ,so i can put one on my wall of fame....ta:p

Big Col
18th January 2005, 10:33 PM
I'll have to give it a clean before I take that pic mate. ;)

Big Gordy
18th January 2005, 10:45 PM
Oiy:mad:You never asked for a picure of mine to put on your wall:evil: Favouratism:disapprove: thats what I call it;) :p:D:approve: