PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wul...

Big Col
16th January 2005, 09:02 PM
Where is it you buy your woolen fetish mits from again? :)

Wul
16th January 2005, 09:38 PM
OOH Fancy! treating the new motor eh?

www.seriousperformance.co.uk do a good line in mitts and microfibre cloths - i'd advise you to get a good MF drying cloth as well. The megs mitt has a bug shifter on the back of it too so it's £9.99

:D

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:40 AM
Ok I know I deserve abuse for this but...I cannie find them!

sh@z
17th January 2005, 07:50 AM
http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/sp/products/cloths.php .. direct link for ya pal

Scroll to the bottom and you shall find the " Microfibre Polishing Mitt"

;)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:52 AM
Is that one used for cleaning? I thought Wul said that there was a lambs wool one or summat!

Hmmm...I've just noticed I'm gonna have to buy some shampoo too!

sh@z
17th January 2005, 07:54 AM
heh

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/sp/products/shampoo.php .. scroll down the megs one is on there

" Lambswool Wash Mitt" <-- 4 Items down

Another 2 at bottom of the page, but if Wul finds out you bought anything other than Megs for ur mini he'll hang you from your... well you know

Good 10 bucks spent in my opinion tho :)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:59 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh that's the one!!! :D Thanks shaz!

sh@z
17th January 2005, 08:00 AM
No probs

I guess we'll let you off since your heads in the clouds (some say it always is *cough* euan *cough* julz *cough* alan *cough*) since you got your new car today ;)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 08:13 AM
LOL! You can only pay by postage and cheque! How quaint! :)

Big Col
17th January 2005, 08:21 AM
As another question for the buffing master, what polish do you recommend Wul? Is it the gold class?

sh@z
17th January 2005, 09:09 AM
he swears by the NXT these days as far as im aware.... Megs NXT ofc

Julz
17th January 2005, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

he swears by the NXT these days as far as im aware.... Megs NXT ofc

Tis the truth!!;) NXT is the bees knees (do bees have knees??:p)

Wul
17th January 2005, 05:13 PM
Well sseing as my apprentice Sh@z has answered all the questions - i'm off for a brew :p

Col - NXT Tech wax is the easiest to use in the Megs range - as for the mitt - the megs one is lambswool so that's why it's £9.99 rather than the cheaper synthetic ones - i'd wouldn't advise going for the MF one as it's not gots as deep a pile to draw the dirt into. NXT comes with a free applicator sponge but i'd advise you to get at least 2 MF buffing cloths - that way you can use one to remove the majority of the wax and a clean one to do the final buff up:)

And don't forget to use the 2 bucket wash method - especially on that shiny black roof! :cool:

And for reference - I don't swear by megs all the time guys - I'm now using sonax gloss shampoo (£3.76/litre from vauxhall dealerships) and still like the trim dressing from the MINI car wash kit too! :eek:

Big Col
17th January 2005, 05:15 PM
ooh so that's the shampoo you recommend is it? I've got Mers polish in the flat and it seems not bad. Is it ok or does it suck?

The megs lambswool mitt is getting ordered Wul. As is a second bucket.:):D

Wul
17th January 2005, 05:25 PM
AARGH! :eek: God I HATE Mer - remember using it on my old golf and spending an hour chasing the the dust off the car and trying to remove the white marks on the black trim!!

Whew - must try and not get too upset about car polishes - God what a saddo!! :I:clown:

But serously col - from what i can remember Mer is more of a polish than a wax so it will make it shine nice but not really put any protection on the paint - NXT is a wax but has mild polishing abiltiy so that's why it works well!! :)

Tried the sonax poo for the first time at the weekend as my NXT had run out and it has been well recommended - works well but time will tell how good it is.

Big Col
17th January 2005, 05:27 PM
How much time? Remember your recommendation changes the buying habits of hundreds! ;)

Big Gordy
17th January 2005, 05:50 PM
quote:your recommendation changes the buying habits of hundreds!
Well 10 at least;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
17th January 2005, 07:09 PM
Given it was dark-o-clock when I finished washing the mowta last night I couldn't really tell how good the shine was from the sonax stuff - gave loads of suds though and the rain was beading pretty well on it this morning - should be able to give more feedback next wash - most of the "serious" detailers on the UK megs forum recommend it though and i'ts a fair bit cheaper than NXT or gold class shampoos!!

euan
17th January 2005, 08:37 PM
Wul, seeing as I have a chequebook in hand for Seriousperformance for my mitt and some NXT shampoo, you canna go changing shampoos on us like that :) I think I'll still order the NXT stuff, it's not like I wash the car that often. Although, I'm getting up early tomorrow so I can was it before I go to Manchester this week as I didn't get a chance at the weekend.

Wul
17th January 2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry Euan - just trying to keep my product research for you guys up-to-date :D NXT is still an excellent car shampoo though. :)

Big Col
18th January 2005, 04:48 PM
Okily dokily. On to my next question for the jedi knight of chamois! What do you use on the rims:question:

Which reminds me...hey Iain, does the coating on me rims require any special attention?

Big Col
18th January 2005, 05:09 PM
Oooh one more problem W man! I cannie find my chequebook! lol. Any other sites you'd recommend other than serious performance?

www.fasteronline.co.uk seem pretty good. Free delivery is always a bonus. :)

Wul
18th January 2005, 07:10 PM
AARRGGHHH!! just typed a big reponse and got a page not available error!! :disapprove:

Wul
18th January 2005, 07:12 PM
Wheels - hot rims to clean once a month - followed by a bit of NXT wax applied to a cloth and wiped on the wheels. after this all it takes is a quick wash with me OXO good grips wheel brush!

As for SP - they stock an excellent range of cheap MF towels too - but your guys prices for the wax seem ok - or try www.speeding.co.uk too

:)

Gismo
19th January 2005, 11:37 PM
Col, you can order the Meguiars stuff online through one of NMS's sponsor's, aye, funkymini, follow the links on the main forum page

Big Col
20th January 2005, 12:30 AM
I never knew that! Cheers BS. :)

Scottie
20th January 2005, 01:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Wheels - hot rims to clean once a month - followed by a bit of NXT wax applied to a cloth and wiped on the wheels. after this all it takes is a quick wash with me OXO good grips wheel brush!

As for SP - they stock an excellent range of cheap MF towels too - but your guys prices for the wax seem ok - or try www.speeding.co.uk too

:)

I agree with everything Wuls says he's the man:p:D

but

you could try that WheelWax stuff speeding.co.uk sell it and I think it's amazing on the wheels.
Only my opinion mind and who listen to me anyway:p;)

Mini Me
20th January 2005, 04:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Okily dokily. On to my next question for the jedi knight of chamois! What do you use on the rims:question:

Which reminds me...hey Iain, does the coating on me rims require any special attention?

Yip ,no kerbs or big stones;)

Sheilz
20th January 2005, 06:43 AM
Sonax? What is it? Is my Wee Eck missing out on something ?!?

I got my NXT stuff from the auto shop on Riverside Dve ABZ. Their stuff for the trim is brilliant makes it look like new everytime. I'm having an awful job with the white wheels though. The inner part of some of the spokes have discolouration that's resistant to my best efforts at cleaning them. :disapprove:

Wul
20th January 2005, 07:16 PM
Sheilz - sonax is a gloss shampoo - sold through the vauxhall dealerships - it's cheaper than NXT too! :eek:

Sheilz - re the brake dust on the spokes - detailing clay is apparently good at removing this without damaging your finish - ie Megs Quick Clay - but once used on your wheels never use it on your paint work!! But I use a scotchbrite type scourer that's safe for non stick pans - ie the white and green sponges in tescos and they work well too!!

Big Gordy
20th January 2005, 08:43 PM
The mini car care rucsack comes with a wee scouring pad/sponge thingy that's good for cleaning the rims too8) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
20th January 2005, 09:01 PM
A SCOURING PAD! :eek: Wouldn't that rip me coating right off!!!

Big Gordy
20th January 2005, 09:38 PM
Its not a real scouring pad its just a harder sponge:evil: Don't panic Captain Mannering;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
20th January 2005, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

The mini car care rucsack comes with a wee scouring pad/sponge thingy that's good for cleaning the rims too8) :p:D:approve:

Gordy - that's the very one I use too - but have a tesco one as back up and thought that would be easier to explain! :clown:

Wul
20th January 2005, 10:35 PM
A SCOURING PAD! :eek: Wouldn't that rip me coating right off!!!

Steady Colin - you won't be using it that hard!! :clown:8)

quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Its not a real scouring pad its just a harder sponge Don't panic Captain Mannering

Couldn't have put it better meself!! ;)

Wul
20th January 2005, 10:38 PM
They look like this:
http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?HHHHHHqo_TWHakIH7kIHHHijlTKgggg f-

It's the white bit we're talikng about.:)

Julz
20th January 2005, 10:57 PM
Vileda do a better sponge which can be used on teflon without damaging it, it's green (best description I could come up with!!;))

Scottie
20th January 2005, 11:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Vileda do a better sponge which can be used on teflon without damaging it, it's green (best description I could come up with!!;))

I know the one you mean I used that on my Touaregs windscreen:eek: oops:eek:

Needed a new windscreen:(

euan
21st January 2005, 12:23 AM
OK, my other half will kill me if I start nicking MORE stuff from the kitchen for the car - scouring pads? I learn something new every day...

euan
21st January 2005, 12:28 AM
Hey, that last post moved me up a step - 250 posts on here. Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things I guess.

Sheilz
21st January 2005, 08:36 AM
I've got the wee sponge that comes with the car care kit but it hasnt made any improvement on the wheels. Will have to try the clay but think I'll wait till it isnt so darned cold!
:D:D:D

Wul
2nd February 2005, 10:16 PM
Sheilz - you might need to try using the wee blue sponge and some hot rims cleaner at the same time - spray on and leave for a couple of mins then work at it with the sponge - remember to wear rubber gloves though as HR nips a bit!! :eek:

Afterwards for any really troublesom bits a bit of scratch X should leave them ready for a wee waxing :D

ScottishCooper
10th February 2005, 07:40 PM

Oooh one more problem W man! I cannie find my chequebook! lol. Any other sites you'd recommend other than serious performance?

www.fasteronline.co.uk seem pretty good. Free delivery is always a bonus. :)

Thanks for the link, Free Delivery - ALWAYS a good thing. Carnossoir are also doing free delivery on Meg items just now too. Going to take a look at the sponsors site to check out their prices as well now.