PDA

View Full Version : cracked windscreen

Scottie
15th January 2005, 05:04 AM
bringing the cabrio back home from tint haus tonight some idiot in a scooby cut allan up and as if that was not enought he then threw a big boulder up which hit my windscreen now got a big star like crack on passenger side.:mad::mad:

Can this be fixed if not should we go to the dealer or rac for new windscreen

3GGG
15th January 2005, 05:08 AM
So sorry to hear that Fiona, best to get it replaced I guess. Your insurance may cover it, but probably an excess on the policy for the windscreen, worth checking.

sleepyrascal
15th January 2005, 09:41 AM
Your insurance should definately cover it. Most policies do. Im with tesco and I had mine replaced within 24 hours for an excess of 50 quid. That does NOT affect you no claims bonus but you can only claim one windscreen per year on only two in a three year period.

seany
15th January 2005, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

bringing the cabrio back home from tint haus tonight some idiot in a scooby cut allan up and as if that was not enought he then threw a big boulder up which hit my windscreen now got a big star like crack on passenger side.:mad::mad:

Can this be fixed if not should we go to the dealer or rac for new windscreen

sorry to read that, saw the car at the RAC place today.

Wul
16th January 2005, 04:44 AM
Bloody scooby drivers!! :disapprove:

X30YES
16th January 2005, 07:54 AM
Ive just had mine repaired by the insurance company (sort of weld job-free by AutoGlass )who do a mobile service ,its down to the cover and where the crack is I think if you need a new screen .

Big Col
16th January 2005, 09:01 PM
My insurance states that a crack will be repaired for free if possible or replaced with a £50 excess if it aint repairable.

phantom
17th January 2005, 12:18 AM
Its a complete waste of time getting it repaired, it will only get worse over time and need changing eventually.