PDA

View Full Version : streaky windows....

euan
14th January 2005, 11:44 PM
hello all,

I've noticed of late that my drivers window has a wierd streaky triangle when i put it down and then up again. If I clean it off with the cloth, it goes away ok, but comes back within 2 times of putting the window down. I've properly cleaned the window and seals, to no avail.

You guys seen this? How do i fix it as I don't really want to take it back to the dealers. Unless they are going to hoover it at the same time and get rid of the crud out of my blue carpets...

sleepyrascal
14th January 2005, 11:54 PM
I have that. Its really annoying! I thought it was to do with the tint film on the glass but it would appear not.

Gismo
14th January 2005, 11:56 PM
It's a known problem i'm afraid, it comes from the window mechansim and proves very difficult to remove, quite annoying, i still get it after 2-1/2 years

Wul
15th January 2005, 12:02 AM
Yup - my first coop had this bad - had all seals replaced, windows adjusted etc etc - gets worse in wet weather as the dampness get up from the drain holes in the bottom of the door. I'm afraid it's yet another thing you have to put up with when owning a MINI! :(

euan
15th January 2005, 12:13 AM
That's annoying. Ah well, I've escaped for 2 years and 2 minis without it. Time to order a Cooper cloth from John Cooper garages to make the job seem less of a chore.

Julz
15th January 2005, 12:32 AM
I'm like BS, I've had the streaky windaes syndrome since the car was new (08/02), the trick is not to open your windows!!:p

euan
15th January 2005, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I've tried that but when I drive up to Manchester I use the M6 Toll road so I need to wind it down to pay :) Reminds me of my old Golf GTi - I lived in Edinburgh and worked in Dunfermline and crossed the bridge every day and the motor went in the drivers window. 3 months of that drove me insane.

Julz, when did you get your calipers done and how much? They look so cool! I've only just noticed them in the ickle pic.

BTW, I spotted a very strange sight on there the other day - a police car! Normally people just blat down there at all sorts of speeds.

Julz
15th January 2005, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan
Julz, when did you get your calipers done and how much? They look so cool! I've only just noticed them in the ickle pic.

They've been on for over a year now!!:I They're the Alta Performance ones and that's the colour they come in!:p

sleepyrascal
15th January 2005, 12:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I'm like BS, I've had the streaky windaes syndrome since the car was new (08/02), the trick is not to open your windows!!:p

Minis should come with a 2cv style window flap!:D:D

KINGHORN
15th January 2005, 03:12 AM
mmmm i have this to can anything be done under warrenty

Mini Me
15th January 2005, 08:14 AM
wee tip,when you put the window down,don't put it all the way down cos when it goes right down the dirty outside trim meets the inside one,transferring all the sh1t onto the inside of your window.....:p

Wul
16th January 2005, 04:45 AM
Good tip minime - is this a "special" design feature of the mini? ;)

Mini Me
17th January 2005, 06:16 AM
Yup,it's a feature not a fault !!!!:p

Big Col
17th January 2005, 07:43 AM
Which Iain ignores as the inside of his windows are boggin! :p

sh@z
17th January 2005, 07:56 AM
oh man, the streaky windows really really p*** me off :/... show up a lot more since i got tints too... white streaks on the window.

One of the garages i took it to a while back to get it checked out, quickly blamed the tints for the streaking!

euan
17th January 2005, 08:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z
One of the garages i took it to a while back to get it checked out, quickly blamed the tints for the streaking!

That was nice of them....

It is really annoying. As for not rolling the window all the way down, I've tried this but I keep forgetting to stop the one-touch drop of the drivers side. Need to drill my left hand some more.

Mini Me
18th January 2005, 07:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Which Iain ignores as the inside of his windows are boggin! :p

AHEM, pot,kettle black...:blackeye:

Big Col
18th January 2005, 04:46 PM
The inside of my windows are spotless right now! :D

Mini Me
18th January 2005, 10:13 PM

Right enough ,youv'e only had it 4 day's:eek::blackeye::evil: next time i see it,how much u willing to bet it's mingin....;)

Big Col
18th January 2005, 10:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Right enough ,youv'e only had it 4 day's:eek::blackeye::evil: next time i see it,how much u willing to bet it's mingin....;)

It might be on the outside as I have to drive it from Glasgow to Stirling in crappy weather to get to Menzies (which will be on Saturday now after all mate as the time off was frowned upon. Not only that but the weather sucks!)