PDA

View Full Version : Filters

RichardV
13th January 2005, 10:29 PM
Hi there!

I am looking at a few options for filters and as far as I can see the Pipercross ones seem to be the best of the bunch. Can anyone shed any light on alternatives, if they have a Pipercross filter are they happy with it and where other than Halfords can I get one fitted (I am in Edinburgh just now)

Cheers:eightball:

Burple
13th January 2005, 10:43 PM
And once again... I jump to the defence of my RamAir one... ;)
Horses for courses... many preferences for the K&N and Pipercross... but I like my RamAir...
Not as noisy as the K&N, but louder than the Pipercross.. :D

GAJ
13th January 2005, 11:05 PM
This topic (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2842&SearchTerms=induction,kit)gives some info.

Fitting is a 5 minute job for any competent person or 10 to 15 minutes for a numpty like me. I would fit it myself if I was you,it really is very easy or I would be happy to give you a hand if needed, I am in Edinburgh too. Any other wee back street garage would probably fit it if they are not too busy.

Wul
13th January 2005, 11:55 PM
My vote goes for the replacement element type - K&N or Pipercross - improves performance but unfortunately doesn't give you the induction growl - but cheaper by miles :)

RichardV
14th January 2005, 12:35 AM
Nice one! Gaj I may be calling on you in the future - there will definatley be a pint or 2 in it for you if you could give me a hand - I too could be classed as a numpty when it comes to these things!

Monsta Mo Mini
14th January 2005, 06:23 PM
See this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3533)

Heather
15th January 2005, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by RichardV

there will definatley be a pint or 2 in it for you if you could give me a hand
Please dont encourage him!!
Ive got a Ramair, and although its not as loud as the K&N its still very nice:D

macblob
15th January 2005, 09:50 PM
If your going for a beer count me in :D

lightbody
17th January 2005, 06:32 AM
Fitted my Works induction kit into Dennis yesterday and was on a Mini Clan run today to give it a thorough testing. Its fantastic - car is transformed and far, far more fun to drive hard.

HOWEVER it was a b7gger to fit! They've changed quite a few aspects of the airbox and associated pipes/attachments since my 2001 MINI... the clips on the breather hose need a VERY good pair of pliers to cope with them and, in my case, 2 friends to help. The Air Box itself was pretty tricky to remove due to the nuts hiding and being tricky to get to... I could probably do it again in about 15 minutes but that took nearly an hour!