PDA

View Full Version : turbo

KINGHORN
13th January 2005, 03:29 AM
on a cooper s, noticed the kit in a mag,cant remember which one, buy a company called autotech interiors, been on there web site but no info on it there, any one got any info

cheers

Duncan Stewart
13th January 2005, 05:59 PM
Why would you want to turbo an 'S' ? sorry if I'm being stupid :clown:
I've seen several articles about fitting a turbo to a Cooper in Go-Mini magazine if that's any help.

Fontal
13th January 2005, 07:17 PM
The 's' engine would be a better engine to turbo as it is already set up for forced induction i.e. stronger components, lower compresion ratio and there are little jets that spray the bottom of the pistons with oil to help keep them cool.
I have looked in to turbo charging my one and have been in contact with Promini and the general idea for big horsepower (300 hp)is to use the Cooper 's' engine as a base.

Gismo
13th January 2005, 07:21 PM
If you went the turbo route i think you'd have to increase the oil cooling ability.
I'm sure i'm right that turbo's increase engine temps

MartinSullivan
13th January 2005, 07:22 PM
Heres the Promini Silver Sonic Turbo S Project Car (http://www.promini.com/project_cars/silver_sonic/)

Julz
13th January 2005, 09:06 PM
My personal opinion - the only benefit of a turbo over a supercharger is the dump valve!!:D

KINGHORN
13th January 2005, 09:13 PM
YIP DUMP VALVES ARE ACE, the turbo i noticed was called a twin charger there wasnt much about it but they way i read it it sounds as tho you kept the supercharger aswall but need mor info on this

sh@z
13th January 2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah twin charge uses both supercharger and turbo, not quite sure how it works tho ... could be fun

Fontal
13th January 2005, 11:36 PM
I may be wrong here but I think twin charged cars use the turbo to get big bhp figures and the supercharger is there to eliminate the turbo lag which you get with big turbos.

KINGHORN
14th January 2005, 03:01 AM
YIP THAT is correct thats why i want it hehehehe

MartinSullivan
15th February 2005, 12:00 AM
Paddock Performance (http://www.paddockperformance.com) have updated their website with info on their turbo kitted S - US based unfortunately

KINGHORN
15th February 2005, 03:26 AM
had a worD WITH SPI who do the twin charged cooper s, also american, and at the moment they are looking for uk/european dealers

Mini Me
15th February 2005, 04:10 AM
287BHP, me want one !!!!!!!!:p