PDA

View Full Version : fitting brakes

minidriver#1
7th January 2005, 09:27 AM
who is good at fitting big breaks in Dundee? i was thinking that garage on perth road or maybe quick fit in the ferry? and how much am i looking at?

Gismo
7th January 2005, 04:59 PM
Not sure of any garages in your area but, make sure the calipers will fit inside your wheels, you might need spacers

Big Gordy
7th January 2005, 05:02 PM
quote:big breaks in Dundee
A travel agent should be able to sort you out ;):D :p:D:approve:

Gismo
7th January 2005, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy
A travel agent should be able to sort you out ;):D :p:D:approve:
Class :p

minidriver#1
8th January 2005, 02:27 AM
aye, nice wan big man.
Big G, wrap yer gums arood this

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/KJ_daGreenMini/52548.jpg

Kwik Fit said they'd fit em for £60. So thats proly a saving of £200 on what JC's would have charged.

Gismo
8th January 2005, 03:12 AM
KJ, prepare yourself for constantly bleeding the brake system, assumimg they are the 10 pot ones, awesome stopping power, but a pain in the proverbial for needing bled :cool:

minidriver#1
8th January 2005, 03:34 AM
i'm getting some extremely high boiling point break fluid so hopefully it wont be as bad as i previously thought. I read about the air getting trapped in the hoses but i reckon i'll be ok. Since i dont drive it that much i'm hoping its not gonna be too much of a pain . lol.

i dont suppose you'd know the best place for the fluid do you Alan? i'm gonna go to a few places in dundee over the weekend to see what i can find.

i'm going to try and get my hands on Motul's RBF 600 fluid or their 5.1 fluid.

Gismo
8th January 2005, 04:06 AM
The air gets in past the pistons, nowt to do with the fluid, any reasonable 5.1 fluid should be adequate for your needs, any reputable car accessory shop or even Halfords might have some

minidriver#1
8th January 2005, 10:21 PM
cheers Alan