PDA

View Full Version : Ma NEW Mini - kinda !

indigomatt
6th January 2005, 06:32 PM
Hi ye all...Happy New Year :)

Only days now (10 more sleeps!) till I get ma car :D

A few questions;
> do I need to run in ma car, low revs n' speed...?
> any essential accessories I should pick up?
> does fitting new CD head unit/speakers/amp affect ma warranty?

Ta, Matthew.

Gismo
6th January 2005, 06:50 PM
Hi Matthew, good luck with the new motor, yes, you will need to run in your engine, approx 1250 miles at no more than 4500 rpm, that's the recommended anyway ;) best to do it to ensure your warranty remains intact.
Essentials required, do you mean small things like car wash stuff etc etc ??
The only way your warranty would suffer when fitting a new amp and stereo stuff is if the install caused a major electrical fault etc, if, your door trim falls off then your ok

MartinSullivan
6th January 2005, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by indigomatt
> any essential accessories I should pick up?

A really good cd to listen to on the long drives you will be going on, you wont be able to help yourself :cool::D;)

Duncan Stewart
6th January 2005, 07:17 PM
Hi Matt. I'm sure you will love the New Mini.
If you plan to use the car as everyday transport then I would recommend the Mini rubber mats – look great and excellent at keeping the carpets dry and clean.
A small change that improves the look of the Mini One / Cooper is to change the black plastic side repeaters surround for a nice chrome set with a clear lenses with orange bulbs - different styles are available and you can get them from most Mini accessory suppliers.
Hope this helps.

indigomatt
6th January 2005, 08:17 PM

* "The only way your warranty would suffer when fitting a new amp and stereo stuff is if the install caused a major electrical fault etc" - don't scare me :eek: I'm already feared of the wind, rain, wet leaves... on ma Mini :clown:

* 'Mats' hadn't thought of those :approve: would the dealer not throw them in?

* Ma good lil friend has a dog, so have already ordered the Mini rear set cover... does any one know if there any good?

Wul
6th January 2005, 08:22 PM
Hey matt! Might be too late to get free mats from your dealer - but if you don't ask you won't get :p BTW if you've ordered the chilli pack you should get carpet mats anyway but the rubber ones are good for winter as Duncan said.

Essentials required - as Bonnie said - gotta get some Meguiars kit to look after your pride and joy - my recommendation for a new car is the lambswool wash mitt - please don't use a sponge - acts like sandpaper when grit gets under it! some NXT shampoo and wax.

Enjoy the motor when it comes

:)

indigomatt
6th January 2005, 08:53 PM
Phew - I've the chilli pack (sunroof, alarm & trick heated moving mirrors!) so not a total lack o' mats :p

No use a sponge hmmmm, how should I wash ma Mini then? - soap, hot/cold water, drying, wax... Sounds like hard work :dead: do you know the cost for the spa care thing'y at Mini garages ;)

The Dogfather
6th January 2005, 08:56 PM
Matt, we've got the seat cover and it's good but not perfect, dog hairs still get down the sides where the seat belts go through. Also the suction cups are a bit weak for holding the sides up.

But as you can see the dog is OK in there most of the time
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/48480.jpg

Enjoy the motor!

Wul
6th January 2005, 09:33 PM
Matt - use one of these!

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/images/specs/A7301_LAMBMITT.gif

they are £9.99 but mines has lasted over 2 years so far - the dirt is drawn into the pile so doesn't scratch your paint!

X30YES
7th January 2005, 06:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Matt - use one of these!

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/images/specs/A7301_LAMBMITT.gif

they are £9.99 but mines has lasted over 2 years so far - the dirt is drawn into the pile so doesn't scratch your paint!

hey Wul ...Whit in Gods name is that for ..:D:D:D

Scottch
7th January 2005, 06:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
hey Wul ...Whit in Gods name is that for ..:D:D:D

Angus,

I bet that looks really appealling when you're in the middle of the north sea :D lol

Cheers!

Scott

Wul
7th January 2005, 09:16 PM
[XX(]has better absorbency than a sock too ;):p

Scottch
7th January 2005, 09:18 PM
Speaking from experience Wul?? lol

Cheers!

Scott

Wul
7th January 2005, 09:24 PM