PDA

View Full Version : Converted

euan
5th January 2005, 08:55 PM
OK, I am ashamed to admit that I hadn't cleaned the motor for a few weeks. Only, I'm doing 400 miles a week at the moment and the car was FILTHY. For Christmas, some kind sole gave me some Megs polish. So I washed the car a couple of days ago and, as the weather was mild, polished her too. She now looks STUNNING. I have never had my MINI looking as good as she does now.

So Wul, turns out you were right all along :)

Now that I'm smitten by the stuff, what's the verdict on their car shampoo?

Julz
5th January 2005, 09:23 PM
I'd recommend all their NXT stuff! We finally got to use the polish that I bought a few months back (I refuse to start a new bottle til I've finished an old one!) so after a day of washing yesterday, both cars were put in the garage for some Megs treatment, and that NXT polish is just amazing, when I switched on the garage light this morning I was dazzled!! :cool:

MartinSullivan
5th January 2005, 09:23 PM
NXT is amazing, definitely the way to go - might mean the stuff some kind soul bought you for Xmas is "So last year" already!!! :D

3GGG
5th January 2005, 09:37 PM
I also got some NXT for Christmas, but haven't tried it yet, if the weather dries up I'll give it a go. Must admit recently I have been just putting may car through the local foam wash as it is too darned miserable to stand about washing cars.

Wul
5th January 2005, 09:43 PM
No further comment from me required on this thread! :approve:

MartinSullivan
5th January 2005, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

I also got some NXT for Christmas, but haven't tried it yet, if the weather dries up I'll give it a go. Must admit recently I have been just putting may car through the local foam wash as it is too darned miserable to stand about washing cars.

quote:Originally posted by Wul

No further comment from me required on this thread! :approve:

Are you sure Wul!!!!!! Have you read 3GGG's thread - Mini in a foam wash!!!! :evil::p;)

Wul
6th January 2005, 12:26 AM
Said enough about these places elsewhere but at this time of year the foam jet wash option is probably better than a sponge/mitt - just need to be sure it's not fairy liquid they've got in the bottle! :eek:

3GGG
6th January 2005, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Said enough about these places elsewhere but at this time of year the foam jet wash option is probably better than a sponge/mitt - just need to be sure it's not fairy liquid they've got in the bottle! :eek:

They seem pretty good, doesn't appear to remove my wax either. For £3.50 it beats standing in the rain and 60mph gales trying to hose the dirt off the a*** of the MINI.

euan
6th January 2005, 01:48 AM
Try cleaning a set of R90's. Absolute nightmare.

I'm well impressed with megs though, people were properly staring at her as I drove about the other day. Also (side comment), pulling out of a petrol station I saw a couple of girls walking towards the car up the street. One had the shortest skirt it's possible to have on. As I looked for a gap in the traffic, she tapped on the window and commented on how much she liked the car. I declined to make a similar comment about her legs, but it's been a while since anyone has commented on the car. Particulalry somebody REALLY fit.

3GGG
6th January 2005, 07:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Also (side comment), pulling out of a petrol station I saw a couple of girls walking towards the car up the street. One had the shortest skirt it's possible to have on. As I looked for a gap in the traffic, she tapped on the window and commented on how much she liked the car. I declined to make a similar comment about her legs, but it's been a while since anyone has commented on the car. Particulalry somebody REALLY fit.

This reminds me of that MINI TV advert with the girls, you know the one that plays backwards in time ;)

euan
6th January 2005, 08:35 PM
Hey! I could take that the wrong way....

I have my own hair for a start :)

3GGG
6th January 2005, 09:37 PM
Sorry, no offence meant, it was just the image that came into my mind.

euan
7th January 2005, 05:52 PM
No offence taken. I know what you mean though, it's quite like the advert (only my car is better and I'm MUCH better looking :))