PDA

View Full Version : Caught Speeding

RS
5th January 2005, 01:36 AM
Whilst travelling down south to see relatives before Christmas, I was caught by a "Dumfries and Galloway Safety Camera Partnership" mobile speed camera, travelling at 85mph on the A74(M). The camera was located in a van on a flyover, just south of Lockerbie.

I did see the van, however doubted that it would contain a mobile camera on a three lane motorway, but it would appear that I was wrong. Whilst I was travelling above 70mph, the conditions of the road were good and it wasn't too busy, therefore I would argue that I was driving safely.

Anyway winge over, I'll just have to accept that I have contributed to lining the pockets of Dumfries and Galloway police.

Mini Me
5th January 2005, 03:30 AM
85 ,what a pisser.........sorry bud.:disapprove::blackeye:

Duncan Stewart
5th January 2005, 05:59 PM
I personally feel speed limits should be raised but unfortunately 70mph is still the limit on Motorways (although 99% of cars do more!)
They seem to have speed camera vans out a lot these days on the Southern M74 / Northern M6
This is ridiculous as these are 3 lane motorways with usually light traffic – they have probably worked out this is where they can make the most money :mad:
The vans actually create a danger as people brake when they see them (usually to much less than 70mph :evil:)
I always check my speed when I see any vehicle on a overbridge
Bad luck RS :(