PDA

View Full Version : John Cooper Works Seat's

J Cee
4th January 2005, 05:58 AM
Hi Folk's just a wee question, I have just taken delivery of my new Cooper'S works today 3rd January and have had JCW seats fitted. Can anybody tell me if they have them and do they sit quite high in the car as mine seem to be a lot higher than the standard seats any feed back would be a great help.

Cheers J Cee.

Scottie
4th January 2005, 06:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by J Cee

Hi Folk's just a wee question, I have just taken delivery of my new Cooper'S works today 3rd January and have had JCW seats fitted. Can anybody tell me if they have them and do they sit quite high in the car as mine seem to be a lot higher than the standard seats any feed back would be a great help.

Cheers J Cee.

I've got the sparco milano which are just the same seat in the blue coop and they sit low in the car.

minidriver#1
4th January 2005, 07:09 AM
are the sparco milano's cheaper than the JCW branded ones?

Scottie
4th January 2005, 07:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

are the sparco milano's cheaper than the JCW branded ones?

not really. although I bought the cloth one because they were getting retrimmed to match the rest of the leather.

Mini Me
4th January 2005, 07:10 PM
I had the JCW seats in my last car, and i must say i thought they were a little higher,wait.....<runs out and sits in said car> yip they do sit higher than the standard sports seats,i think it's just because they don't have hight adjustment.
Very nice though...:p

minidriver#1
4th January 2005, 07:41 PM
they do look lovely.

Big Col
4th January 2005, 09:13 PM
Hmmm...if there ain't no height adjustment then I probably wouldn't get me knees under the steering wheel. :(

Mini Me
4th January 2005, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hmmm...if there ain't no height adjustment then I probably wouldn't get me knees under the steering wheel. :(

We would fit yours in the back Col:eek::blackeye::p

red_cooper
12th January 2005, 08:35 AM
I've been toying with the idea of gettin these for my car but are they longer than the sports seats?? im lookin for leg support 3 ft+ inside leg measurement!!!i find the car tirin to drive a long distance (aberdeen to craile) is as far as ive been and got out knackered!!

Never experienced this before in my last car and I couldnt straighten my leg as far in it!!

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Big Col
12th January 2005, 04:58 PM
I get that too on really long drives. I was going to buy the works seats until I saw it was going to cost me over a grand! :eek:

weefossy
14th January 2005, 07:55 AM
I have the same problem and the Cooper seats would help. My Audi has the sports seats with "the bit" (technical term)that extends out the front. Gives a lot of support on long drives. It also means Sioban can adjust to fit her short ar**. I think they are made by Recarro

Scottie
14th January 2005, 06:07 PM
I've fitted recaro seats to the cabrio they have electric hieght adjustment but manual moving back and forward they also have the bit you pull out to support the legs.

Big Col
14th January 2005, 06:52 PM
I thought you said you fitted Sparco seats SC. Sparco Milanos.

Scottie
14th January 2005, 06:54 PM
I thought you said you fitted Sparco seats SC. Sparco Milanos.

Sparco in the Blue Mini

Recaro in the Red Cabrio

Big Col
14th January 2005, 07:16 PM
Aaaahhhh.

Which do you prefer? I'm pondering the JCW seats now.

Gismo
14th January 2005, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big ColWhich do you prefer? I'm pondering the JCW seats now.
Have you been involved in a massive bank robbery lately :eek::p

Big Col
14th January 2005, 07:29 PM
Do you know anywhere that accepts Irish notes?

Scottie
14th January 2005, 07:42 PM
Aaaahhhh.

like them both the same can not choose between them.

red_cooper
16th January 2005, 04:28 AM
i was gonna be a cheap skate and only change mine !!! **** the passenger im never in that seat often and certainly would nt be on a long run! cant decide!!

its always about bloody money!

was wanting the recaro's out of an S3 no

X30YES
21st January 2005, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Aaaahhhh.

like them both the same can not choose between them.
Brill idea then .....put one of each in each car :D :D :D

euan
21st January 2005, 09:48 PM
What happens to the airbags from the standard seats? I get that sore leg thing after my 4 hour weekly hike, try and use cruise as much as possible now to try and relieve the strain. Never thought of getting new seats instead.

MartinSullivan
21st January 2005, 09:58 PM
You have to get the seat airbags disabled by the dealer I believe - people on Mini2 got quotes varying from 30 quid to 280 quid to do it.

Scottie
21st January 2005, 10:26 PM
cost me nothing:D

mgemie
19th March 2005, 01:54 PM
do the JCW Seats come in black 1/2 leather only? I've seen images from the new JCW range and the seats in their look like ful leather with red centre bits... also, anyone know the brough price for the rear jcw seats? ideally i'd like to have full leather jcw seats front & rear with blue centre trim bits..

ELFMAN
21st March 2005, 11:23 PM
Chucking a midgie in the JCW ointment.......

Richard Meaden from 'Evo' Magazine didn't rate the JCW seats they had fitted to their 'Long Term' Works 'S', and found them uncomfortable (compared to the OE seats) after a while. He's a short @%se like me, so maybe that makes a difference? Just passing on the info.

X30YES
22nd March 2005, 01:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Big ColWhich do you prefer? I'm pondering the JCW seats now.
Have you been involved in a massive bank robbery lately :eek::p
Bandit , who , where :D:D:D