PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

DerekM
31st December 2004, 07:32 PM
Hi,

We're new to the Mini scene and are picking up a Convertable next week from Morrisons in Kirkcaldy (it was their demonstrator, so well spec'd up) but already thinking about mods.

First things will be shark gill repeaters and maybe a filter, but thinking about chiping. Read about the one-click, but unsure if that, or a replacement ECU is the best way to go (it's a One we're getting).

Saw you guys a few times at Stirling - we had an MG at the time, so may well meet up at a future run.

Hope to see you out and about.

Topless

Scottie
31st December 2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Topless.

It's quite in here at the moment. I'm sure you will enjoy the Cabrio.

Duncan Stewart
31st December 2004, 09:17 PM
Welcome Topless. I hope you enjoy the madness that is New Mini Scotland :D;) Prepare yourself for Mini addiction setting in.

DerekM
31st December 2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye on here and hopefully meet up for run soon.

Having an Elise in the garage, I know only too well all about car addictions!

Gismo
31st December 2004, 10:25 PM
Welcome, it'll be, or at least should be quiet here for a few days, enjoy the place, all the usual suspects will be along shortly ;)

phantom
31st December 2004, 11:24 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.:D:D:D

minidriver#1
1st January 2005, 12:33 AM
you wont be needing the Elise any more, can i have it?

welcome to the site :)

duncan
1st January 2005, 12:43 AM
Welcome.

Have a look at the latest Go Mini magazine, available from WH Smiths, etc.
Apart from yet another MINI in the US feature, its got quite a bit about replacing the ECU of a One with a Cooper version.

Scottch
1st January 2005, 12:52 AM
Welcome aboard buddy!

Haven't been to Morrisons in ages - is Mike Bannerman still there?

Cheers!

Scott

DerekM
1st January 2005, 01:22 AM
you wont be needing the Elise any more, can i have it?

Let me think about this for a nanosecond...

Nah, I think I'll keep it!

Don't kow if Mike Bannerman is around or not. A BMW guy sold us the car as the mini-man was away for his lunch.

MartinSullivan
1st January 2005, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the site, enjoy the relative peace and quiet - it wont last :D

Mini Me
1st January 2005, 04:05 AM
good day.....welcome to the madness<whats this,minisales person on lunch> time i was on the transfer list me thinks :p

J Cee
2nd January 2005, 01:17 AM
Hi Topless and welcome to the site.
When exactly do you pick up your new toy and is it the burt orange demo your getting?
I pick up my pocket rocket on Monday 3rd also from Morrisons (CAN'T WAIT)
As for your quiery about One click plug-in I have read quite alot about it and it takes a standard one upto the performance of a standard cooper but remember and change it back for servicing if you take the TLC with the car. Read up on any mod's you make and whether it affects your TLC before buying. (Morrisons don't bend the rules very much)

DerekM
2nd January 2005, 02:16 AM
Hi JC. It's the silver one in the show room. Registered in June, so I guess its an early car. Got a rasonable deal on it, as they want to put the orange one up for sale inside too.

I guess I'll see what performace is like day to day before thinking about mods etc. After all, the Lotus is fast enough if we want to go mad.

What are you getting?

X30YES
2nd January 2005, 03:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Topless

Hi,

We're new to the Mini scene and are picking up a Convertable next week from Morrisons in Kirkcaldy (it was their demonstrator, so well spec'd up) but already thinking about mods.

First things will be shark gill repeaters and maybe a filter, but thinking about chiping. Read about the one-click, but unsure if that, or a replacement ECU is the best way to go (it's a One we're getting).

Saw you guys a few times at Stirling - we had an MG at the time, so may well meet up at a future run.

Hope to see you out and about.

Topless
Hey Topless ..........welcome and what a brilliant User Name I must say :cool:, then I read you bought a rag top :D:D:D...oh well never mind and welcome and a Happy New Year ....did someone say it was going to be a wee bit quiet :D:D...chipping well see himself a few post's up about that-(Martin) or her at the top with the JCWSC;) Scottie dug mmm coop, also see me re your NMS polo shirt :p

J Cee
2nd January 2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Topless Dark silver Cooper'S works.