PDA

View Full Version : Was Santa Good to You This Year?

Nenah
26th December 2004, 08:02 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Was Santa good to everyone this year? Any new mini mods in your Christmas stocking?

I found a pink Mini iPod in my stocking and iTrip and PowerPod - well pleased! :p

:)

Sheilz
26th December 2004, 09:59 AM
My extra spotlights were my mini pressie but the most interesting one I got was a geode from Brazil. Its a whole amethyst - huge and incredibly heavy - set in the concrete they are removed from the ground in. when I first saw it I thought it was a lump of coal until i turned it around. Quite beautiful. Other than that Santa was very generous to me this year. :D:D:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
26th December 2004, 08:21 PM
Oh yes - loads of lovely DVDs :D. but no Mini related stuff this year

john
26th December 2004, 10:24 PM
NOT HALF:)

I even got a new cooper's' from Angus of all people:D

Cheers Angus!!:)

Steph
27th December 2004, 12:51 AM
I got the cutest little Mini keyring! Red with a union jack roof, and its own display box.
Just gotta decide whether to put it on my keys, or add it to my Mini shrine under the telly.

GAJ
27th December 2004, 07:29 AM
He disnae exist!:I;)

MartinSullivan
27th December 2004, 08:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Who Angus? He does honest

Willie M
27th December 2004, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

:eek:Waaaahhh!! Mammy, Mammy.... Gaj is sayin' bad things again :eek:

Duncan Stewart
27th December 2004, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

NOT HALF:)

I even got a new cooper's' from Angus of all people:D

Cheers Angus!!:)

What scale is it? ;):D

Gismo
27th December 2004, 08:33 PM
More than happy with my lot, but, would have preferred any of these Mini's (http://www.plmini.com/stlt.htm) :p

MartinSullivan
27th December 2004, 10:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steph

I got the cutest little Mini keyring! Red with a union jack roof, and its own display box.

I got one of those too, they are from M&S - who also have Scalextric models of several of the current the John Cooper Challenge cars with all the correct decals etc marked down from £27 to £15 in the sale. Like this one

http://www.slotcargarage.com/scgarticles/1061/Side.jpg

phantom
27th December 2004, 11:38 PM
Well I got more than I could have ever dreamed of, Mummy and Daddy got me a huge remote control Mini and my big bro said he got me a set of wheels for the toy and they were in the dinning room.
When I entered the room there was a full set of 17 inch alloys and tyres for my real Mini!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Big Col
28th December 2004, 01:57 AM
I got a days racing in an 'S care of my wee honey!!! WOO HOOOO!!! :D

MartinSullivan
28th December 2004, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I got a days racing in an 'S care of my wee honey!!! WOO HOOOO!!! :D

That was awful sweet of Iain wasnt it!! :D:p;)

Julz
30th December 2004, 12:49 AM
Well, I got a nice new pair of GHD's (don't ask lads, it'll just confuse you!) and lots of shiny stuff and a trampoline, but for once in my life EVER, Rob didn't buy me a new pair of timbys (despite me asking for a baby blue pair!) or anything for my car:( But I'm happy with my lot, cause he's also buying me a new puddy cat who arrives in about 4 weeks!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3GGG
30th December 2004, 01:40 AM
I know what a trampoline and a cat are, but haven't a clue what a Timby or a GHD are...

Gismo
30th December 2004, 01:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
haven't a clue what a Timby or a GHD are...

Where have you been, GHD's are simply the best hair straighteners in the world, i use them all the time :I

3GGG
30th December 2004, 01:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Where have you been, GHD's are simply the best hair straighteners in the world, i use them all the time :I

Mystery solved, thanks - now Timbys - are they some young person's footwear perchance:question:

sh@z
30th December 2004, 09:36 PM
timbys... no comment :p lol

well santa didnt get me anything tho i cant complain as i have had 2 Eids (our version of christmas) and birthday so hehe its all good...

Glad everyone got some good toys for their xmas

phantom
30th December 2004, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Well, I got a nice new pair of GHD's (don't ask lads, it'll just confuse you!) and lots of shiny stuff and a trampoline, but for once in my life EVER, Rob didn't buy me a new pair of timbys (despite me asking for a baby blue pair!) or anything for my car:( But I'm happy with my lot, cause he's also buying me a new puddy cat who arrives in about 4 weeks!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No sorry, still no nearer to sussing what GHD's or Timbo's are!!:clown:

Julz
2nd January 2005, 08:09 PM
The GHD's (good hair day) are straighteners, as Alan said, as he OBVIOUSLY requires them every day due to that unmanageable hair of his!!:p And timbys are the lazy way of typing TIMBERLAND BOOTS!!;) Sheesh, dictionary required for those over 25 (I can still say that for the next few weeks eh Col!!;))

Big Col
2nd January 2005, 08:47 PM
Only just ickle one! Less than 2 to go! :)

Julz
3rd January 2005, 03:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Only just ickle one! Less than 2 to go! :)

You OAP you!!;)

john
3rd January 2005, 03:30 AM
Julz you should ask Santa for a dairy cow and never run out of milk:D

Julz
3rd January 2005, 05:01 AM
Haha, got some, but by the time Rob came home, I was on to beer, sod the cup of tea!!:p:D

Duncan Stewart
3rd January 2005, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom
When I entered the room there was a full set of 17 inch alloys and tyres for my real Mini
Nice! :D What type of wheels?

phantom
4th January 2005, 12:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

quote:Originally posted by phantom
When I entered the room there was a full set of 17 inch alloys and tyres for my real Mini
Nice! :D What type of wheels?

Hi Duncan, they are the standard 8 spoke Mini wheels. :D

Fontal
5th January 2005, 05:52 PM
I got a painting of my MINI its awsome I'll post pics when I get it back as its in getting protected and framed :D

Burple
5th January 2005, 11:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Yer,.... They're the best aren't they Alan... ;):p:D
Just hate it when my luscious locks go all frizzy in the windy wet weather... ;):D

I got a trip to Knockhill to race stuff, and a Power Drill!!! Does that mean I'm a grown-up now?? ;)

Only 4 weeks Julz!!! Oooooooooooooh!! the excitement must be killing you! My ickle fuzzy one has been Uber-cute the last few days

:D

Big Gordy
5th January 2005, 11:48 PM
Hey l-n-l:D If you have a choice in what to drive at Knockhill, skip the single seaters (there pants:dead:anyway) and opt for the 'LEGENDS':D They are fantastic:cool: 750cc motorbike engined, 1/5th scale american 50's mowtas:approve: I can promise you will have the most fun ever;) I've done legends and the XR2 engined single seaters and the Legends are ten times better:eek: trust me :p:D:approve:

Burple
6th January 2005, 12:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Hey l-n-l:D If you have a choice in what to drive at Knockhill, skip the single seaters (there pants:dead:anyway) and opt for the 'LEGENDS':D They are fantastic:cool: 750cc motorbike engined, 1/5th scale american 50's mowtas:approve: I can promise you will have the most fun ever;) I've done legends and the XR2 engined single seaters and the Legends are ten times better:eek: trust me :p:D:approve:

Yup.. That's the plan!! :D Single seaters look a bit tired, and I've always fancied a go in the Legends after seing them racing a few times over the last couple of seasons :D
Mmmmm... sequential gearbox..... <drool> :D

Big Gordy
6th January 2005, 12:16 AM
quote:Mmmmm... sequential gearbox.....
Ahh but he won't let you use it:dead: You have to still use the clutch for changes I'm afraid:( Unfortunately they also fit a 'limiter' on them for us plebs:blackeye: Its a bolt through the accelerator pedal:D so take a 10mm ring spanner with you;) :p:D:approve:

sleepyrascal
6th January 2005, 02:48 AM
A guy I know (aged 21) got a brand new BMW M3 CSL or CLS (cant remember) from Santa. Santa was never that good to me!! GURN!!