PDA

View Full Version : More guidance! (SC pulleys)

Scottch
22nd December 2004, 06:58 PM
Yep, in full on suck your brains out mode today guys - sorry!

Supercharger pulleys - again, having a wee bit of a read around a couple of sites and I'd like a bit of steering (again) on the diameter of the sc pulleys.

This is something I'd love to get done in the new year, but what size of pulley should I go for? I mean, there must be a minimum size of pulley you can install that won't require the installation of a larger intercooler to maximise your boost pressure without loosing your supercharger efficiency.

Hope that makes sense :dead:

And, what about these cosworth idlers? Are they a worthy addition?

Cheers!

Scott

Gismo
22nd December 2004, 07:01 PM
There are basically two types of reduction pulley, 15 and 19 per cent.
I don't know the actual dimensions but if you phone BBR they may tell you :p
I still have the stock cooler, but did investigate a larger one, but, being winter i didn't pursue it

BBR insist on replacing the idler puller for something stronger as they reckon the stock one is too weak for uprated engines

MartinSullivan
22nd December 2004, 07:10 PM
Good post by Randy Webb, of Webb Motorsport a well respected American tuner - Supercharger Pulley Size (http://www.webbmotorsports.com/faq.php)

Scottch
22nd December 2004, 07:56 PM
Great post Martin!

Are you still running your MTH software? How does it feel now?

Cheers!

Scott

MartinSullivan
22nd December 2004, 09:18 PM
Still running MTH, and still loving it - will be looking at a smaller pulley next year along with a revised MTH map.

Scottch
22nd December 2004, 09:28 PM
Martin,

Are you running the standard pulley? Or already running a 15% and looking to go to 19%?

Cheers!

Scott

MartinSullivan
22nd December 2004, 09:30 PM
Standard pulley at the mo Scott, I have just replied to your email