PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

3GGG
20th December 2004, 11:25 PM
or are DHL tottaly useless? :(

Been waiting for a delivery placed a week ago (a promised 3 day service). Phoned on the 4th day to be told it was not delivered because of a 'problem' and that they would phone me back.

Today I phoned again - same story. No calls back. Asked to give me the branch telephone number, refused.:question:

Phoned again, complained bitterly this time, after a long on hold period with every Christmas Carol played to me me, they came back and said I could phone the branch and they gave me the number.

So, I phone the branch and they tell me that they tried to deliver it last Thursday and nobody was in - and they left a card - wrong , no card and I was in all day.

Anyway, can they get it to me today, no chance, I have given them directions to my place, though anyone with a map and the post code should be able to work it out themselves. Finally i asked if they would call me if they got lost - no, their drivers can't phone out. What kind of an outfit are they running?

Oddly the International DHL service is superb, I have got stuff from the USA next day, but in the UK they just seem useless.

Scottch
20th December 2004, 11:29 PM
David,

We had a similar experience with DHL a long time ago - been using UPS ever since, and they've never let me down yet ..... have set them a bit of a challenge today though, so we'll see how that pans out!

Try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers!

Scott

3GGG
20th December 2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks Scott, unfortunately I had no choice in the matter as the courier was chosen by my supplier.

My favourite at this time is CityLink, they seem on the ball and at least I can speak to the local driver on the phone.

Worst experiences have been with ParcelForce, they have broken and lost stuff.

Anyway, glad to have got that off my chest.

3GGG
21st December 2004, 12:21 AM
Maybe I should have threatened them with 'The Hon Man' from the Sunday Post? :evil::D;)

3GGG
21st December 2004, 09:00 PM
Well it gets worse, still no delivery from DHL today and their 'system' has gone down all morning so they can't tell me if the parcel is on the way or not now. They have a system?

3GGG
21st December 2004, 09:00 PM
DHL motto - We're not happy, till you're not happy.

3GGG
21st December 2004, 10:13 PM
I give up - DHL delivered the package, opened it, correct invoice - totally wrong items, can't blame DHL for that - blame MAPLIN ELECTRONICS - a bunch of ****s