PDA

View Full Version : Band Aid 20

frizzie__kizzie
20th December 2004, 06:14 PM
Bought the Band Aid 20 single on Saurday. Made the mistake of playing it in my Graph Comm. class today. It was quite scary to hear about 20 boys suddenly start singing, "DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME AT ALL???"

Mind you, I'm quite glad I bought it as it's made me feel quite festive and it's certainly given me a laugh!

Anyone else bought it?

:I:clown::kiss:

Gismo
20th December 2004, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by frizzie__kizzieAnyone else bought it?:I:clown::kiss:
Only as a donation to the charity ;)

frizzie__kizzie
20th December 2004, 06:48 PM
Does that mean you don't like it? I think it's ok, but it's not as good as the original...

Big Col
20th December 2004, 08:11 PM
It sucks!!! The Darkness is the only good bit and Bono's bit is terrible!!!

Scottch
20th December 2004, 08:18 PM
They'd have been better off re-releasing the original, imho

Cheers!

Scott

monkimagic
20th December 2004, 08:48 PM
The new version knocks the socks of the old version,

I bought coz I liked it, so thete ! this song has been banned from some radio stations coz the phones where red hot with complaints, get a hold of yourselves, its for Char a dee !!!!!

Scottch
20th December 2004, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic
I bought coz I liked it, so thete !

Ahh, now we know who it was!! ;)

Scottie
20th December 2004, 10:13 PM
have to say I did nae buy it. The quality of the singing is rubbish :(

Bought it first time round and went to live aid.

Maybe I'm just getting on a bit now and don't appreciate todays singers;)

Big Col
20th December 2004, 10:32 PM
Nowt to do with you getting on a bit SC. I'm only a young 'un and I think it's cack too!

frizzie__kizzie
20th December 2004, 10:51 PM
Aww!!! I kinda like it! But I bought the single coz it's got the old one on it as well, and a live version. Preeety good value for money me reckons!

3GGG
20th December 2004, 11:43 PM
I Bought it on iTunes as Apple donate the price to Charity.

Wul
21st December 2004, 12:29 AM
But how can you guys forget Band Aid 2? the one done by Jason, Kylie et al - it surely was the best version no?:I

Bought it to give as a silly pressie to the good lady - got the BoSelecta DVD version of I got you babe too - avid merrion up to his usual hi-jinks "ooh me grapes!" :p

Fontal
21st December 2004, 01:12 AM
I think this version is not to shaby but Dizzy Rascal a big oooooppppps what is he doing on this single:question:

duncan
21st December 2004, 04:40 AM
I downloaded it straight from their site, to save it a trip to the recycle bin, but it came with the original version too!

They should have left out the rapper, and they should just have taken a sample of Bonos line from the original. Just sounds like his voice has had it.

I just wonder how much hard cash all these *stars*, and i use the term out of want of a better word, have donated.

Then again, i couldnt do any better!

Mini Me
21st December 2004, 07:39 AM
I think anything with Will Young on it must be crap(which it is)but i will buy a copy,it will make a good frizzbe bor ma wee boy....

Mini Me
21st December 2004, 07:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
It sucks!!! The Darkness is the only good bit and Bono's bit is terrible!!!

:dead:the Darkness,your harvin a larf mate....tell you what if "The Darkness" were playing a gig in my back garden,i'd close the bloody curtains,put something decent like The Music on full blast.....then sit back and relax listening to decent tunes:eek::blackeye::mad:

aimee_s
21st December 2004, 08:43 AM
i agree minime....the lead singer from the darkness is a total *%%$*£*. apparently he kicked up a HUGE fuss cos he wanted to sing the Bono line, but wasnt getting to....is it any wander?theyve released, what...3 songs?...ONE HIT WONDER!ONE HIT WONDER!...(waits for the abuse to come flooding in now...!)

Big Gordy
21st December 2004, 05:17 PM
Each to there own :approve: thats what I say. If I was being brutaly honest I don't like either of them :dead: but its for charity so they get away with it:evil: :p:D:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
21st December 2004, 05:57 PM
I'm with Gordy - it's a truely attrocious song - no matter who was singing it though this new version is painful to listen to - you can't polish a turd!

Like 3GGG I've downloaded it of iTunes to make my donation and in iTunes it will stay with it's play count fixed permanently to 0!

Sheilz
21st December 2004, 06:36 PM
I bought it as a sop to my conscience. must be getting old, very old. Something not quite right when half the world starves while the other half gorges and spends millions on tat and rubbish. :(

Big Col
21st December 2004, 06:46 PM
I agree Shielz! The money made by the X-Factor and Pop idol alone could make such a huge difference to the third world but instead it's used to buy Simon Cowell black T-Shirts and finance the egotistical aspirations of mediocre manufactured puppets. It's shocking. But hey ho. Every now and again there's a Children in Need or a Comic Relief that offers us entertainment in exchange for goodwill and an appeasement to our conscience. :(

Burple
23rd December 2004, 01:43 AM
quote:

:dead:the Darkness,your harvin a larf mate....tell you what if "The Darkness" were playing a gig in my back garden,i'd close the bloody curtains,put something decent like The Music on full blast.....then sit back and relax listening to decent tunes:eek::blackeye::mad:

Ok Ok.. I give in. Let's see who's still awake....
It's Cack!!!!
End of.

Bunch of whimpering tossers finding the only way for them to get Christmas 'pop' chart acknowledgement.
Any excuse to jump on the 'charity' bandwagon huh?
Much disappointment having the Darkness on it, but hey, it's not their style to tell the great british public to "F*** off" is it??

The Music Iain? Hmm.. First single was good, latest single was good...
the rest of it?
..well just dig out some old Led Zepp or that German band Kingdom Come (Come on now.. some of you *have* heard of them! );)

:p:D

Wul
23rd December 2004, 01:49 AM
i'm with you on this one LnL - saw them at the SECC last month - very camp but excellent entertainment value :)

And the album track "black schuck" makes me larf every time I hear it! :clown:

Duncan Stewart
23rd December 2004, 05:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

it's a truely attrocious song - no matter who was singing it though this new version is painful to listen to
So true :dead: It make me change radio channels :clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd December 2004, 05:59 PM
quote:or that German band Kingdom Come (Come on now.. some of you *have* heard of them!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA:D

I remember them....they didn't even have the talent to write their own music...just straight rip-offs of led Zep tracks. Can only remember their version of Kashmir....they were like most German metal acts...big on hair...low on talent.

Burple
23rd December 2004, 07:33 PM
quote:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA:D
I remember them....they didn't even have the talent to write their own music...just straight rip-offs of led Zep tracks. Can only remember their version of Kashmir....they were like most German metal acts...big on hair...low on talent.

Precisely!!
Much more entertaining that this Pap Idol nonsense!!
Lenny Wolf.... Now THERE's a Rockstar name!! ;);)
Then there was Highway 6 and Perfect 'O'... snigger
Classic tracks!

Guess what I found....

Rock On!! (http://www.lennywolf.com/#top) They've got a new CD out!!!
I only ever heard In Your Face (http://www.lennywolf.com/disco.html) (and "Kingdom Come")... Never realised they had so many albums out.. nice...
And they still sound exaclty the same (http://www.lennywolf.com/audio.html)!!
I think we should have a revival of Big-Hair-German-Metal!!! ;);):p:D
(Just no Scorpions!!) ;):D

Burple
23rd December 2004, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I agree Shielz! The money made by the X-Factor and Pop idol alone could make such a huge difference to the third world but instead it's used to buy Simon Cowell black T-Shirts and finance the egotistical aspirations of mediocre manufactured puppets.

Righ Col... that's it.. We need a good scrap!!
can't have the two of us agreeing on so many things! People will talk!!!! ;):p:D

Mini Me
24th December 2004, 04:08 AM
am awa tae the barra's tae see the Music tonight ...yee haa :p

frizzie__kizzie
28th December 2004, 09:11 PM
one of my best friends went to see the darkness and said they were pretty good! but everyone is entitled to their own opinion i suppose... i quite lik em.

Big Col
31st December 2004, 04:12 AM
You quite lik em??? You're too young to lik people!!!