PDA

View Full Version : NOISES

KINGHORN
20th December 2004, 02:46 AM
ok i have a noise that appears sometimes when i move off at first i thought it was a heat shield somewhere but after jc having it 3 time and still no difference im stumped,

but the other day someone told me it was happening to there girlfriends car but the noie was coming from the rear, (mine is the front) and that it could possibly mean break pads, but had a looky and they are low but not sufficiet to need changing immeadiatly

any ideas

cheers

Wul
20th December 2004, 04:39 PM
Is it only after the car has sat for a long time - ie over night?

If so it could be surface corrosion on the discs - mines does that when it has sat - after the frist press of the brakes though it's gone!

Steve74
22nd December 2004, 12:30 AM
Have the same problem and the cars booked in for the second time in January when i get back to the UK. Heat shield was loose but it wasnt the prob. Its going to have the whole clutch assembly replaced under warranty though.

KINGHORN
22nd December 2004, 07:29 PM
MMM mine is back intoday hopefully it will be fixed as its pissing me off, but will ask about the clutch

the noise appears when pulling away after coming to a hault

AberdeenMini
28th December 2004, 04:53 AM
I had this noise too, JC replaced the rear disks and pads (couple o hundred quid)but the noise continued and then suddenly just stopped. Strange.:question:

KINGHORN
5th January 2005, 08:59 PM
oh well car is goin back in tomorow the 6th, for a new clutch assembly and spigot bearing, after me asking them if this might be the problem after it wwent in the second time and the said there was no chance now its getting one, what a heaps of sh*t, its possibly just because im young but does anyone else have problems getting intouch with the people they need at JC

KINGHORN
12th January 2005, 03:32 AM
oh well car is all fixed now just in time to say bye bye to my lkicence, also got 2 new rear lights to

red_cooper
12th January 2005, 08:30 AM
whaT U BEEN DONE WITH??

ACCUMULATION OF POINTS??

KINGHORN
12th January 2005, 09:27 PM
nope speeding to fast, only got it back in june after a ban

Big Col
12th January 2005, 09:37 PM
Hmmm. You might wanna maybe think about slowing down a lil mate...:)

Wul
12th January 2005, 10:32 PM
or a mate/g.friend/wife who was driving the car at the time (if it was camera that is!):eek:

KINGHORN
13th January 2005, 03:10 AM
nope stoped by police, comin back from the inverness run,

i cant help it my right foot weighs 9 stone, lol

i know i know i do, think a track car is the way for me to go, i have a need for speed