PDA

View Full Version : squeaky seats

choc
17th December 2004, 01:05 AM
my one year old mini one has a squeaky passenger seat has anyone else had this lately and if they did how was it cured as it is really doin my head in

The Dogfather
17th December 2004, 01:26 AM
Similar question and not wanting to start a new thread.

I've got numerous squeaks from the dash, could this anything to do with a new radio fitted and the post refitted?

MartinSullivan
17th December 2004, 01:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
I've got numerous squeaks from the dash, could this anything to do with a new radio fitted and the post refitted?

Possibly but there have been a lot of cars with this problem , there is a whole thread on Mini2 informing people of how to cure various squeaks and rattles around the car here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61947&highlight=fix+interior+rattle)

mgemie
17th December 2004, 02:28 PM
my drivers seat has recently developed a squeaky noise...maybe its just a result of me jumping'n'wriggling with joy everytime i drive my MINI? you ppl who have had squeaky seats - do you also jump with joy when driving? lol lol

KenL
17th December 2004, 05:20 PM
Just ask Wul about squeaky seats in his first car :eek::blackeye::D

A lot of people have reported the struts either side of the radio squeaking. Try loosening the torque screws a bit or removing them and lining the bits that contact with pieces of Velcro tape.

A dealer "may" decline to do warranty work on that area if you have changed the stereo yourself.

choc
17th December 2004, 05:52 PM
i think i will head to john clarks and get the seat looked at under warranty and see if they can cure it ,they will probably need about six visits knowing them

KINGHORN
18th December 2004, 03:18 AM
been in to jc to get mine done first time they said it was seat plastics so they repositiond them and that night the squeaked again got it in 3 days later and they put in a new seat mecinizim(sp) and it solved it

choc
19th December 2004, 03:15 PM
cheers mate i will book it in asap

sleepyrascal
20th December 2004, 03:11 AM
CHOC, I took yy car to JC with the squeaky seat problem! Take no SH*T!!!:approve: I got two front seats replaced on warranty on my jan 2002 cooper with no questions asked(not the trim, just the actual seat frames as the the trim is fullt detachable).

JC sorted the problem first time round (unlike everything else they have done to the car:disapprove:) and I have had no further problems. :)

choc
20th December 2004, 03:19 PM
cheers sleepy rascal i will take no crap from jc dont worry

Wul
20th December 2004, 04:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
Just ask Wul about squeaky seats in his first car :eek::blackeye::D

Grrrr - don't get me started on that one Ken!:blackeye:;)

Yeh - as sleepy says don't take any crap from your dealer - my S seats have a slight squeak now but compared to my coop ones they are silent!:clown:

eventually they'll redesign them to not squeak - maybe!!:disapprove:

Big Col
20th December 2004, 04:39 PM
Mine's have never squeaked. You guys need to cut down on the pies! :)

Wul
20th December 2004, 07:02 PM
Col - do you have the part leather sports seats in your current MINI? as these seem to squeak more than the standard seats!

Big Col
20th December 2004, 08:08 PM
No but guess what I'm getting in my 'S in January. NOW you tell me! :disapprove:

Wul
20th December 2004, 10:49 PM
Hmmm - that confirms what i've heard before - the normal seats seem to have the least problems! Ach well - you'll never hear the squeak for the wail of the supercharger :approve:

sleepyrascal
23rd December 2004, 04:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Mine's have never squeaked. You guys need to cut down on the pies! :)

I hear that the more weight applied to the seat, the less friction within the frame, thus less squeekage! No squeek from your seats so..... well ... ALTOGETHER NOW,

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES, WHO ALL ALL THE PIES,
YOU FAT **S***D YOU FAT B**T*R* YOU ATE AL THE PIES"

;):D:D:D;);):D;)

Scottch
23rd December 2004, 04:58 AM
I DID!!!

lol

Cheers!

Scott