PDA

View Full Version : MCS Short Shifter/ NOW GO IT

Scottie
16th December 2004, 07:48 PM
Looking to fit a short shifter in the Cabrio.

Was warned that the one I have on the hard top wouldn't do as BMW have made changes
Problem is I am not sure yet if any company out there dose one for a 04-05 model.

Can anyone help

Please I really notice the differnece driving with and without.:p

X30YES
16th December 2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/power-engineering/gearbox-drive-train/cooper-s/se-short-shift-kit-product.html ;)

Scottie
24th December 2004, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Looking to fit a short shifter in the Cabrio.

Was warned that the one I have on the hard top wouldn't do as BMW have made changes
Problem is I am not sure yet if any company out there dose one for a 04-05 model.

Can anyone help

Please I really notice the differnece driving with and without.:p

Minispeed have the Alta shifter for 2004 onwards ordered Wednesday arrived Yesterday.

Local beamer garage is fitting it for us on the 7th. I just can't wait:D

Scottie
8th January 2005, 12:57 AM
BMW fitted the Alta short shift today 2 hours Labour £166:eek: plus a battery for blue coop £59:eek:

Gismo
8th January 2005, 01:19 AM
Do you like it, also, would the whalen fit the lever :question:

Scottie
8th January 2005, 01:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Do you like it, also, would the whalen fit the lever :question:

Yeah I really like it what a difference it makes.

The whalen dose not fit the Alta one which I've just found out.

But it fits the BMP one we have in the blue mini.

X30YES
8th January 2005, 06:09 PM
Must have enough bits to build a new car now Fi :D

MartinSullivan
8th January 2005, 07:14 PM
I have just bought the Rogue short shift kit

http://www.stratmosphere.com/mini_ssk_300.jpg

Havent installed it yet - will do it when I install the suspension (after next service) and will post results on here. This one definitely will retain the whalen as the existing shaft doesnt change.

Quote from Rogue Site

Our short shift kit reduces throws by 20% while allowing you to use the factory shift knob and boot. Shift knob height is completely unaffected and remains in the stock position. Our clever device simply bolts onto the end of the factory lever, while three (3) locking setscrews secure it into place. As a preventative measure, the heat shrink tubing provides some additional measure of protection against dirt and debris.

Made in the USA from 12L14 high strength carbon steel and coated for corrosion resistance. Installation requires partial removal of the exhaust for adequate access for installation.