PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 07:54 PM
Has anyone got the tel no for Blasted Alloys? Took Eck to John Clark this am to find out what the prob was. My front near wheel was hanging off and will need replacing. Last person to have the wheel off was blasted alloys so think I need to get in touch with him. :mad::mad::mad:

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 07:59 PM
Here you go Sheilz, sorry to hear of you problem. Hope you get it resolved, never heard of anyone having problems with Blasted Alloys before.

Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Here you go Sheilz, sorry to hear of you problem. Hope you get it resolved, never heard of anyone having problems with Blasted Alloys before.

Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

Thanks Martin. The mechanic's verdict was that the wheel had not been secured properly. Scary thing is the thought the wheel could have gone awol at fairly high speed with or without kids on board. When Wul finished the wheels I asked if they needed to be aligned etc etc after being off the car and was assured that was it safe to drive. Wul does a lot of work for JC and to be fair I dont think it has happened before. have to say once is once too often.

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 08:11 PM
Sheilz - Just as a heads up, most garages tell you to check the tightness of the bolts after 50 miles. This guy should have as well.

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
have to say once is once too often.

Most definitely Sheilz.

Is there no way your wheels could have been tampered with?? Its been a while since Wul did your wheels hasnt it? Were all the nuts loose? Many years ago someone tried to steal my wheels and must have got disturbed, I only found this out half way round a roundabout when I saw the wheel coming past me - very scarey I can tell you.

Big Col
13th December 2004, 08:20 PM
Martin 118 Sullivan once again proves to be a one stop shop for any contacts you want. :)

Edited to correct typo. Sorry Mr. SuLLivan. ;)

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Martin 118 Sulivan once again proves to be a one stop shop for any contacts you want. :)

Two LL's in Sullivan mate :D Thanks

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:22 PM
Martin 118 Sulivan once again proves to be a one stop shop for any contacts you want. :)

His number is in my contacts list, but Sheilz could just as easily have searched the site for "blasted alloys" and come up with the result just as quickly :)

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:23 PM
Wul didn't say anything about checking after 50 miles I would have done it if he had. Am absolutely certain nobody has been interfering with my car. It's only three weeks since they were done and yesterday was the first time the car was put through its paces. I've been up and down to Arbroath twice but that's just straight driving. I've spoken to Wul so he is going up to JC to see the mechanic and the wheel. O I just hate having to go back to someone to complain. I am right in expecting him to pay for the replacement - aren't I :question:

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:26 PM

His number is in my contacts list, but Sheilz could just as easily have searched the site for "blasted alloys" and come up with the result just as quickly :)

Its quicker to ask Martin than it is to check the site! :D:D:D

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:30 PM
Its quicker to ask Martin than it is to check the site! :D:D:D

:D

I guess you will have to wait till Wul has been to JC's and inspected the car and wheel Sheilz. Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily.

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:34 PM
This is an example of why I dont always like recommending companies to other people. Just because I have had good experience with them doesnt mean everyone else will, and it leaves me feeling guilty when something does go wrong for someone else - AH WELL!!!.

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:37 PM
Edited to correct typo. Sorry Mr. SuLLivan. ;)

:D, no probs just know you would be the first to pick someone else up on it

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:44 PM

This is an example of why I dont always like recommending companies to other people. Just because I have had good experience with them doesnt mean everyone else will, and it leaves me feeling guilty when something does go wrong for someone else - AH WELL!!!.

Dont be silly! Wul made an excellent job of the repair both wheels looked spanking new and if I'd gone to JC they'd probably given the job to Wul and made me pay 2/3 times as much. Public exhoneration - ok!;):D:D:D

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 08:45 PM
Public exhoneration - ok!;):D:D:D

:D thanks Sheilz

Sheilz
15th December 2004, 06:21 AM
Got a call from Wul this evening. he went to see the wheel and has accepted responsibility for the damage - no evidence of anyone trying to interfere with it as black plastic cap still on locking nut. On his invoices he advises wheels being tightened after 30 - 50 miles but I didn't get one so was unaware about the warning. I thought this was pretty decent of him so tomorrow its up to JC to get the new one fitted free of charge. Eck looks a bit cunning with 3 white and 1 silver wheel!
:D:D:D:D

Scottie
15th December 2004, 06:31 AM

Got a call from Wul this evening. he went to see the wheel and has accepted responsibility for the damage - no evidence of anyone trying to interfere with it as black plastic cap still on locking nut. On his invoices he advises wheels being tightened after 30 - 50 miles but I didn't get one so was unaware about the warning. I thought this was pretty decent of him so tomorrow its up to JC to get the new one fitted free of charge. Eck looks a bit cunning with 3 white and 1 silver wheel!
:D:D:D:D

Is this to do with the problem you were having on the road home on Sunday night:eek:

So all four bolts were loose:eek:

Shouldn't bolts be torqued up and checked by a second person:question:

MartinSullivan
15th December 2004, 07:00 AM

Got a call from Wul this evening. he went to see the wheel and has accepted responsibility for the damage. I thought this was pretty decent of him so tomorrow its up to JC to get the new one fitted free of charge.

Sheilz - I am really pleased that you got this resolved succesfully. As you say it shouldnt have happened in the first place, but it is good that he has accepted responsibility and is getting it resolved.

The Dogfather
15th December 2004, 07:16 AM
Sheilz - Wul's been very decent there admitting responsibility, some companies would have denied it to save their hide. Just glad you and the lad got home safely.

Sheilz
15th December 2004, 07:44 AM
quote:
Is this to do with the problem you were having on the road home on Sunday night:eek:
So all four bolts were loose:eek:
Shouldn't bolts be torqued up and checked by a second person:question:

Yes it is. also explains why the noise decreased when I put my foot down. Crawled up the A90 after checking I didnt have a flat - no warning lights. Scary thought I did Portlethen to Aberdeen 75ish and took my youngest to school enroute to JC Mon am. Didn't for a minute think my wheel was hanging off. :eek::eek:

As BDM says, another company would have ducked and dived to avoid responsibility so hats off to Wul for recognizing the potential for disaster and putting his hands up. He says in future he will make absolute certain all his customers are aware of this. Would still recommend his work. :D:D:D

broken_brian
15th December 2004, 10:27 AM
the last time i got tyres changed on my car the garage handed me a wheelbrace and told me to give them a once over as they would not be responsable for the wheels coming off of the car.

3GGG
15th December 2004, 05:59 PM
A timely reminder - when I got new tyres recently the guy did say to check the tightness of the bolts again after I got home. I didn't of course - but have now! - They were tight as a b****** plus half a turn.:clown:

Sheilz
15th December 2004, 11:28 PM
Eck is now sporting 4 matching feet! :D:D:D:D

MartinSullivan
15th December 2004, 11:30 PM

Eck is now sporting 4 matching feet! :D:D:D:D

Excellent news Sheilz

The Dogfather
15th December 2004, 11:43 PM
Hey MS, how soon before we see some pics of your new wheels on the car?

MartinSullivan
15th December 2004, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Hey MS, how soon before we see some pics of your new wheels on the car?

Tomorrow hopefully. Finally got them back from Euan at lunch time today - but he is valeting my car tomorrow - so I thought why pay him to clean wheels that are already clean! Might as well wait to put them on after he has cleaned the old ones :D

They arent going to look fully right until I have fitted my Spax setup, car needs to be lowered a bit to get the full effect