PDA

View Full Version : Surreal

Big Col
13th December 2004, 05:05 PM
There are people chained together lying across the road at the main gate to the factory I work at this morning. The day to day experiences of my life are getting more surreal by the day.

Scottch
13th December 2004, 05:07 PM
Crikey - that must've made a squishy speed bump!

Cheers!

Scott

Big Col
13th December 2004, 05:34 PM
The thing is our MD flies in there at a fair ol' rate of knots so it could be amusing to see that on the news:

The Weir Group takes a hard line in protest negotiations. The Managing Director said "Look all you have to do is unchain yourself and I'll reverse off your spuds!"

Scottch
13th December 2004, 06:01 PM
That's not Weir Pumps is it?

Big Col
13th December 2004, 06:03 PM
Sure is. Well...it's Weir Services that they're harranguing but I don't imagine they know the difference. :)

Wul
13th December 2004, 07:25 PM
didn't realise Weir pumps killed foxes to make their products!? ;)

Big Col
13th December 2004, 07:28 PM
:D

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:50 PM
Well Col - did he land on their spuds? :D:D:D

Big Col
13th December 2004, 09:03 PM
Nah they sat there till 11, got a few pics taken and a mention on the BBC website and the were carted off to jail. Wish I knew what their point was.

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 09:09 PM
They are claiming that as Weirs sell pumps to Iraq they are involved in the war. We had them at our Manchester office a month or so ago - for the same reason. We also had animal rights protesters at the beginning of the year because we sold a fire protection system to Huntingdon Life Services

duncan
13th December 2004, 09:10 PM
Pumps for Justice?

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Pumps for Justice?

:D

Big Col
13th December 2004, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

They are claiming that as Weirs sell pumps to Iraq they are involved in the war. We had them at our Manchester office a month or so ago - for the same reason. We also had animal rights protesters at the beginning of the year because we sold a fire protection system to Huntingdon Life Services

I know that they were saying we were profiting from the war but how exactly is Iraq going to be rebuilt if someone doesn't supply them with pumps? Are we just supposed to leave Iraq in riuns so that no one "profits" from it?

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I know that they were saying we were profiting from the war but how exactly is Iraq going to be rebuilt if someone doesn't supply them with pumps? Are we just supposed to leave Iraq in riuns so that no one "profits" from it?

Apparently so, but that is the way some peoples logic works

PS I have noticed several mistakes in your posts today - riuns being one of them, is there a problem or are you just trying to act human?? ;):D

Smurf
13th December 2004, 09:27 PM
The story is on the BBC News web site too!

Don't worry Col, these guys just need something to moan about. If it wasn't the situation in Iraq, it would be something else.

Big Col
13th December 2004, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

[quote]

Apparently so, but that is the way some peoples logic works

PS I have noticed several mistakes in your posts today - riuns being one of them, is there a problem or are you just trying to act human?? ;):D

There'll be a lot more. I've got a lot on at work for some weird reason so am typing quickly and don't have time to re-read. :)

Scottch
13th December 2004, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

[quote]

There'll be a lot more. :)

:eek:

Big Gordy
13th December 2004, 10:03 PM
quote:I've got a lot on at work
Jings:eek: that will be a novelty for you;) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
13th December 2004, 10:41 PM
It is a novelty and I'm no happy about it!