PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Valley Sunday...NOT!!!

Monsta Mo Mini
13th December 2004, 06:10 AM
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse....

Despite my best efforts I didn't make it to Blair Athol today. Me, my Mum and pooch set off for Newtonmore on family business bright and early with the intention of stopping off at Blair on the way back home to say hi! Got as far as Glamis when I hit a pheasant while ovetaking...ouch! Pheasant has destroyed the lower part of the front bumper and punctured the radiator in several places! Had the rather unpheasant task of removing pheasant bits from the engine bay. Finally made it to our destination after a change of car and watching my baby head off on the back of a low loader but was after 4 before we got as far as the hotel. :(:mad:

redpoint rallying
13th December 2004, 06:20 AM
Know how you feel.............hit a deer last week in the 'S' Only looked like a cracked front bumper skin until I had a closer look at home in the daylight. I have £1600 worth of damage.....

Cheers!

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 06:22 AM
Grief - wouldn't expect that kind of damage from a wee pheasant. sorry to hear about that MMM. It appears you're one of a few casualties from today. :(:(:(

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 06:39 AM
Callum - What's for Supper, part boiled pheasant?

Sorry to hear about the bird strike, hope you can make it on another run soon!

duncan
13th December 2004, 06:42 AM
Nightmare Calum. Hope you get the Garden Sculpture ;) repaired soon.

Scottie
13th December 2004, 07:18 AM
Nothing worse feel sorry for you. On the the road home a couple of weeks past two young dear came out right infront on me managed to avoid but they got the back passenger wing of my touareg as I came back in.

Heather
13th December 2004, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear that calum. Hope it gets sorted soon.

3GGG
13th December 2004, 04:59 PM
Bad luck Calum, pheasants are the most pea brained birds, the number of times they fly right in front of cars it is amazing that are not extinct. Hope your car is repaired soon.

Julz
13th December 2004, 05:03 PM
I hate those bloomin' burrds!!:mad: I hit one in my 205, it wrecked the front valance, broke 2 of the lower spotlights, and generally p'd me off! Felt better after I got out and played football with the stupid lump of feathers though!!:evil::p:)

macblob
14th December 2004, 12:03 AM
Bad luck m8, hope you get it all sorted soon.

Julz
14th December 2004, 12:31 AM
How's your car doing anyway MacB??:clown:

Heather
14th December 2004, 05:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

How's your car doing anyway MacB??:clown:

It wants to be a MINI:p

macblob
14th December 2004, 07:26 AM
its ok ta Julz, pulled the front bumper on the drivers side out from the wheel arch. Went to the bodyshop ive used before in Edinburgh this morning (altered image). They managed to get the bumper sitting back in place pretty much and are going to fix it proparly in the new year for about 50 quid plus vat.

Not to bad but i was well pissed off with myself at the time...grrrrr'd all the way home, bloody curb.

Kirsty
14th December 2004, 07:45 AM
WHAT???? I heard about Calum and Alan's cars!! Sorry to hear about them both but what on earth happened Brian?? Totally missed that one!!!

Monsta Mo Mini
14th December 2004, 08:09 AM
Well I got the damage report back from Morissons. New radiator, bumper mount, bumper and grill. £650 all in! I'd have been cheaper buying a shotgun and killing the pea brained pile of feathers the conventional way!

Mini Me
14th December 2004, 08:12 AM
Monsta Mo with a shotgun,now there's a scary thought:p

Willie M
14th December 2004, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the damage Calum :(:( I know only too well how mindless, and infuriating these stoopid burds (pheasants that is ;)) can be. Greenloaning to Crieff can be a lot of fun at times :evil:

macblob
14th December 2004, 07:32 PM
Just reversed over a curb outside the pub, didnt realise it was there to be honest, heard the back end scrape a bit as i bumped down it but throught id be ok if i edged back slowly, unfortunately the curb caught the front lower bumper as explained above resulting is a wee bit of damage. Not to bad though. More angry with myself than anything else

Kirsty
15th December 2004, 07:53 AM
Oh my gawd!! It might have been cheaper all round if I had just found another astra!! Sorry to hear about all that guys!! Good luck with the repairs and the singing!!

The Dogfather
15th December 2004, 04:55 PM
G2 also needed to replace his windscreen due to a stonechip.

The Dogfather
15th December 2004, 04:57 PM
Plus Sheilz had a wheel nut incedent, and of course BS had tyre problems.