PDA

View Full Version : More lively MCS - at no extra cost!

Wul
9th December 2004, 08:36 PM
put 2 new yoko a539 tyres on the front of me MCS - 205/40/17's - previous run-flats were 205/45/17's!

so the drop from 45 to 40 profile has meant my acceleration has improved - noticably! :D

just thought i'd share that with you guys.:)

Gismo
9th December 2004, 08:42 PM
Your reference to no extra cost can't be right :I you must have paid for the tyres :p
Thought i'd get in before Big Col ;)

Big Col
9th December 2004, 08:47 PM
See! It's infectious! :D

Scottie
9th December 2004, 08:55 PM
Wul could be talking about no extra cost outside annual budget for the running on the car.

red_cooper
9th December 2004, 09:14 PM
put on the fifteens that a one comes with!! go like a bat out of hell with them on!!!

Wul
9th December 2004, 11:40 PM
The word 'extra' is the key gents! I was paying for the tyres anyway! (just like fiona said :p)

So there! :p

Big Col
10th December 2004, 12:06 AM
I didn't agree with BS Wul, I was just saying that being pedantic is infectious. :)

ELFMAN
10th December 2004, 05:15 AM
Right, to hell with me new 16" Minilites, I'm gonna convert to original 10" Mini wheels for an even greater acceleration boost!

3GGG
10th December 2004, 07:08 AM
Wul, as you know I also recently fitted a pair of lower profile tyres, but in my case on the rear. Idea was to get the other pair of runflats worn down quicker on the front so I can get non RF all round sooner.

Anyway, it may be my imagination, but I feel that my headlights are aiming up slightly higher than they were, even though they are self levelling xenons. I can't get my head round whether the self levelling mechanism will be fooled by the slightly lower tyre diameter at the rear now? - any ideas if it is or isn't? I think the levelling is obtained from a sensor on the rear suspension somewhere...

Wul
10th December 2004, 04:22 PM
You're probably right David - if the sensor is attached to your suspension then you're cars level will be out relative to your head-lights - i doubt it's based on a spirt level in the car :p- a 5% drop in profile will take 10mm off the depth of the tyre based on a 205 width!