PDA

View Full Version : Great Roads for MINI

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 03:05 AM
Just had a trip up to Inverness for a conference on Nuclear Decommissioning. YAWN!

Anyway on the way back to Turriff(about 2pm) I was faced with the usual drive along the A90 in heavy traffic, by the I'd reached Nairn I'd had enough. So a decided to take a detour through Grantown-on-Spey. The Nairn - Grantown road was a blast, very fast with good overtaking spots.

By the time I got to Grantown I was really in the mood so I took the Grantown - Craigellaiche road (Scenic Route) this road was used and abused on the last Cullen Run. There's 23 miles of blind bumps sweeping corners and mud great for slides:eek::blackeye:.

Could it get any better? :D of course, my route then went through Dufftown and across the A920 to Huntly, then on to Turriff via Glendronnach. The upshot being a absolutly cracking journey back which took me 2 hours, roughly the same amount of time I would have spent on the A90:sleepy:.

The back of the car now looks like it's been given a coat of plaster it's that dirty,:blackeye: and the number plate is no longer visable:evil:! Which is quite a useful trick <knowing glance to Eggy and Kinghorn>

Fontal
9th December 2004, 06:36 PM
Any road up here is a blast in the MINI

Crombers
9th December 2004, 10:00 PM
Used to drive these roads a lot in a previous job , fantastic. Company had 7 distilleries in the area (Tormore , Glenburgie , Miltonduff , Imperial , Glentauchers , Glendronach & Ardmore) and my company 'hack' at the time was a PUG 405 1.9GR (which could shift 'honest'). Favourite road was the A939 from Grantown to Ballater to meet the A93 (beat the A9 anyday). Need to experience these roads again in the Coop asap. Looking forward to next years Twilight Run as the roads north of Ullapool are breathtaking , long time since been up that way but what a blast , MC here we go :D

indigomatt
11th December 2004, 12:31 AM
Intresting am up Plockton way in Feb so may head across the ways, can always put it down to a site visit for work ;)

However I've not got ma Mini yet ~ 41 days left :D

When I do I'm planning on heading out at night in the New Yr, full moon, for a good ole run :cool:

Off J11 of M74, down B7078 then right onto the B740 across the fun stuff, down through the hills to Sanquhar...

Only problem are the rabbits :blackeye: :dead:

Bye, M.