PDA

View Full Version : HELP WANTED PLEASE

Mini Martyn
6th December 2004, 10:55 PM
I cant decide if i should buy an Xbox or a PS2, i have a PS1 but every one is telling me that a PS2 is crap and get an Xbox.

Looking for both + and -'s for both please! :D

Big Col
6th December 2004, 10:59 PM
X-Box X-Box X-Box! I just sold my PS2! The only reason to ever buy a PS2 is the Grand Theft Auto series and they come out on the X-Box eventually anyway with better graphics.

Scottch
6th December 2004, 11:06 PM
X-Box!!

Our PS2 got broken about a year and a half ago, havent seen any point in getting it repaired since I felt the xbox was so much better. Has it's own in built hard drive and does a bit of pre-loading (I believe) during game play to reduce the amount of time you spend waiting on various levels loading - it is the dogs bits. Oh, and Halo. Oh, and Halo 2 - finally.

Minus points...... ummm ...... Can't think of any.

X-box live is a hoot too.

Cheers!

Scott

Mini Martyn
6th December 2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys thought you might say that i have a free weekend this weekend apart from Sunday at Pitlochry, as my irlfreind is away, time to go and check out comet i think, or should i wait intill the new year for the sales?

Scottch
6th December 2004, 11:59 PM
Martyn,

Just off the phone to PC world (work related) in Edinburgh, they're already bleating about the lack of PS2 stock. There was a problem with the new slim model that required a recall (or something, don't quote me), and as a result the UK stock is running out very quickly.

If today's sun is to be believed too, the container ship bringing in the next batch of PS2's has been delayed at Suez for some reason, and they're now talking about trying to fly them in instead.

I'd imagine if the UK stock is that bad already, there's going to be little choice in what you do decide to buy.

Cheers!

Scott

Mini Martyn
7th December 2004, 12:21 AM
Yeh i read that too, and that they are changinf hands for about £400, bugger that!! Xbox is looking likely!!?? :D

sleepyrascal
7th December 2004, 01:21 AM
Hey Martin,

Xbox is the one to go for overall.

As Big Col said, the good games on playstation are available on XBOX also ..... except one. The ultimate game at the moment, San Andreas (the latest instalment to the Grand Theft Auto series has been released on PS2 exclusively. GUTTED!!!!

However, there are so many AWSOME games on Xbox that make up for this crapness!

LIVE Xbox is another thing altogether! It's is brilliant but can turn you into a fat couch potato if used excessively! All you need is broadband and a spare Ethernet socket. Ideally you would run it from a spare socket on a router!

It's Xbox all the way. Don't buy yet though if you want a bargain!!!! Wait a wee while till the xmas hype is over and people start talking about the xbox2, which is released either 05 or 06. Can't remember.

Also, the xbox is a DVD player. YES YES I know the ps2 is a DVD player too! But the xbox is apparently as advanced as a top spec DVD player that you might spend £400 on, plus you get a remote. NICE. All for a tidy £140 (APPROX)

Big Col
7th December 2004, 01:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Hey Martin,

Xbox is the one to go for overall.

As Big Col said, the good games on playstation are available on XBOX also ..... except one. The ultimate game at the moment, San Andreas (the latest instalment to the Grand Theft Auto series has been released on PS2 exclusively. GUTTED!!!!

However, there are so many AWSOME games on Xbox that make up for this crapness!

LIVE Xbox is another thing altogether! It's is brilliant but can turn you into a fat couch potato if used excessively! All you need is broadband and a spare Ethernet socket. Ideally you would run it from a spare socket on a router!

It's Xbox all the way. Don't buy yet though if you want a bargain!!!! Wait a wee while till the xmas hype is over and people start talking about the xbox2, which is released either 05 or 06. Can't remember.

Also, the xbox is a DVD player. YES YES I know the ps2 is a DVD player too! But the xbox is apparently as advanced as a top spec DVD player that you might spend £400 on, plus you get a remote. NICE. All for a tidy £140 (APPROX)

And the GTA Andreas will come out for X-Box eventually with better graphics. ;)

Mini Martyn
7th December 2004, 01:47 AM
Sounds great, STA San Andreas isnt that great i played it on a freinds PS2, well midday that says it all, i will be waiting intil after christmas anyway i think, who no's what santa might bring!!?? ;)

I have been online today, very busy at work, and their is a crystal one out that looks way sexy.

will keep you posted!!

Mini Me
7th December 2004, 02:39 AM
X BOX ,all day long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 02:41 AM
I have both, but the XBOX is definitely the one I would choose if I had to

Wul
7th December 2004, 07:57 AM
Gotta be a vote for the Gamecube from me guys! Great playabilty!

Big Col
7th December 2004, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Gotta be a vote for the Gamecube from me guys! Great playabilty!

See that's typical of the buffing boy! You give him 2 options and he just HAS to ignore them and choose something else! Useless. ;)

Willie M
7th December 2004, 05:23 PM
I'm quite content with my ZX81 and 16k ram pack :clown: