View Full Version : Minime

Big Col
6th December 2004, 06:20 PM
I think I need my car valued again. It's filty. :D

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Look a spelling mistake!!!! Quick Col's had a breakdown!!!!!

Big Col
6th December 2004, 06:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Look a spelling mistake!!!! Quick Col's had a breakdown!!!!!

Actually it was a typo mate. I have to put a few errors in now and again to prove I'm human. ;):):D

That and I had a few beers last night and have felt better...:dead:

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 06:50 PM
It'll need more than a few errors, perhaps a DNA test can be arranged! :p

frizzie__kizzie
6th December 2004, 11:16 PM
Isn't filty a word? (And before you all jump down my throat, I know he meant to say FILTHY!)

:I:clown::kiss:

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 11:19 PM
Has anyone noticed that Minime hasn't posted for a couple of days, I wonder if he's had his internet conection cut :eek:!

Iain where are you? Big Col's getting withdrwal symptoms from not being able to ask more questions about his new car ;)

Big Col
6th December 2004, 11:33 PM
What...you don't think I have the dealer email address?

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 11:35 PM
I bet they had to put in Broadband just to answer all the requests for info!

Mini Me
7th December 2004, 02:46 AM
It's nice to be missed,but i have been off the weekend(supposed to pe packing for the move)but went on a complete bender instead,still dont know what day it is...
But i have had bother with my home p.c., every time i logged into the net the bloody thing switched off<mmfffrr>.Seems to be fine now.
But rest assured,that Col has kept intouch via e-mail...:p

The Dogfather
7th December 2004, 03:06 AM
Iain The problem with your PC is a virus. Not sure which one but I had a similar problem.

Gismo
7th December 2004, 03:09 AM
Iain The problem with your PC is a virus. Not sure which one but I had a similar problem.
Correct, some variant of the sasser or blaster worm i'm afraid :dead:

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 03:13 AM
There are several viruses ( or possibly in this case a worm) that can force you PC to keep dropping your internet connection. You can download patches and instructions for removing the virus from symantec or the microsoft websites (obviously from a pc that isnt infected). I have seen lots of pc's over the past few months that have been hit. Definitely worth checking out

The Dogfather
7th December 2004, 03:13 AM
I remember having to download a removal tool to get rid of it.

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 03:14 AM
The most common is the blaster or sasser, but I see Bonnie has already posted whilst I was typing

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 03:16 AM
Read about blaster here (http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.mspx) and Sasser here (http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx)

You can also get the removal tools from the above pages or from your virus protection supplier (and that isnt the chemist ok!)

Mini Me
7th December 2004, 03:51 AM
Ran the symatec thingy last night,found and destroyed 11 of the little f*****s....seems to be ok now.................cheers guy's:p

Burple
7th December 2004, 07:53 PM
HERE'S (http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/) a great wee tool we use at work to zap the little blighters...

Follow the instructions on the page and download the program.... :D:D

Craig
8th December 2004, 02:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

HERE'S (http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/) a great wee tool we use at work to zap the little blighters...

Follow the instructions on the page and download the program.... :D:D

Use these all the time for "homers" as people from our work are not that bright and ask questions like "do I need a firewall if I have broadband...??" DOH!:D Got a free firewall from Sygate (personal firewall) and it's excellent. register and you get free updates also!

Mini Me
8th December 2004, 04:43 AM
I GIVE UP WITH THE BLOODY THING,I CAN GET ON THR NET FOR 5 MINS AT A TIME ,AND THE PC SHUTS DOWN........PISSING ME OFF !!!!!!

Burple
8th December 2004, 07:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

I GIVE UP WITH THE BLOODY THING,I CAN GET ON THR NET FOR 5 MINS AT A TIME ,AND THE PC SHUTS DOWN........PISSING ME OFF !!!!!!

Get that blummin Stinger (http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/) thing downloaded man!
(Or get someone else to get it for you and put it on a Floppy... it's only 860K - just ickle)
Run it at leas once a week... but better still.. get some Anti Virus Software!!!!!! :p:blackeye:
Recommend THIS (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1) free one from AVG to start with.. (Before you go and spend all your hard earned (ha ha ha ha:clown:) Mini Pennies on an expensive one! ;):p:D

Well?? Don't just sit there on your ar$e watching the money roll in the door... get to it boy!!
:p:D

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 08:01 PM
Floppy? What the F! Do PCs still come with floppies?

Iain, I can have put a CD in the post to you! if needed, just ask.

Will arrive at Menzies, hopefully tomorrow.

Burple
8th December 2004, 08:50 PM

I was giving the old codger a running chance at keeping up with some technology... ;););):p:D

Big Col
8th December 2004, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure an old fart like him will be too keen on seeing the word floppy used...

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 08:54 PM
:D

Mini Me
9th December 2004, 12:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

I was giving the old codger a running chance at keeping up with some technology... ;););):p:D

I'm younger than you,short arse:blackeye::p,anyway i've got that symatec sh*te ,doesn't seem to do any good,but you are all correct,i aint got a clue about PC's:dead::disapprove:

The Dogfather
9th December 2004, 01:01 AM
Iain, there's a CD on the way down. It works!

By the way you have to keep your Windows and Virus definitions up to date by downloading regular updates.