PDA

View Full Version : Help.

Big Col
4th December 2004, 07:14 PM
Ok. A few weeks ago I received a letter through the post saying I was given a parking ticket weeks back for parking in a bus lane on a street that I don't remember ever being on. The letter said I hadn't paid the ticket I had been given within 14 days so my charge went up. I wrote back to them saying I don't remember ever parking on the street they mentioned and certainly never recieved the parking ticket, which I would have paid if I'd got it.

They've now wrote back asking for copies of my vehicle excise liscence and log book. I know the logbook is the V5 but what is the excise liscence???

Gismo
4th December 2004, 07:19 PM
snigger, giggle, wheeze, ya f***y, after all the slagging and NOW you need HELP :blackeye::p

Gismo
4th December 2004, 07:20 PM
Ok, it's your road tax ;)

Big Col
4th December 2004, 07:22 PM
Ahhh. That was the only other thing I thought it could be. Cheers BS.

Why is it I get the impression I'm fooked whatever happens. :(

Mini Me
4th December 2004, 07:22 PM
Come on Col,wakey wakey...

Big Col
4th December 2004, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Come on Col,wakey wakey...

What??? I thought that was what it was as it's the only thing that would help them identify the Traffic ****e...I mean warden got the right car but I was just checking. If I'd sent off the wrong thing they'd probably have put the fine up again! B*******!!!

Gismo
4th December 2004, 07:32 PM
Col, these kinds of incidents are all the rage, mostly down south where congestion charges have been introduced.
Many car's have had had their numbers used on what they call ringers, these peeps take your number and put it onto a similar car, they get a ticket and you get the bill :eek:
The reason they have requested your V5 and tax disc is the details of the real car are there, whereas on the ringed car they won't be.
So, they are actually being very helpful ;)

If you are adamant you were not there, did anyone else use your car etc etc if not then you're more than likely be in the clear :cool:

Sheilz
4th December 2004, 09:20 PM
Oh! Are you supposed to pay parking charges? :eek:

Big Col
5th December 2004, 12:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
If you are adamant you were not there, did anyone else use your car etc etc if not then you're more than likely be in the clear :cool:

I'm not adamant I wasn't there as I just have no recollection of being there. That's not to say any street I parked on and didn't know the name of wasn't the street in question. I am adamant I never got the notice attached to my window though! :disapprove:

Burple
6th December 2004, 07:22 PM
Stand And Deliver!!!
(THAT was Adam Ant!! ;):p) or maybe those parking... emm.. 'people's new motto... ;)

So... are you gonna be a proper 'Prince Charming' and help them out in this 'Dog eat Dog' World? Stand out from the crowd and be one of the 'Kings of the Wild Frontier'??

Snigger... ;);):p:D

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Stand And Deliver!!!
(THAT was Adam Ant!! ;):p) or maybe those parking... emm.. 'people's new motto... ;)

So... are you gonna be a proper 'Prince Charming' and help them out in this 'Dog eat Dog' World? Stand out from the crowd and be one of the 'Kings of the Wild Frontier'??

Snigger... ;);):p:D

Jeez! Scary knowledge of 80s crap music alert!

Burple
6th December 2004, 08:57 PM
quote:
Jeez! Scary knowledge of 80s crap music alert!

Hey! Adam and the Ants were about the ONLY good thing to come out of the eighties!! ;):D:cool:

How about..
Don't Give Me No Lip, Child.. I Did U No Wrong..you Silly Thing.... you're looking Pretty Vacant. (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone to Holidays In The Sun... that's No Fun... I'll be no Liar.... I Wanna Be Me... and do things My Way! There'll just be Problems and Anarchy In The UK, and I'll have to hide the Bodies again... ;):D:cool:

Album anyone? (without having to resort to bleedin Google?) :p:blackeye::blackeye::D

I'm guessing BS GAJ Big C or Willie M might be in with a good guess... ;):D

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:05 PM
FFS never mind the bollocks mate! :D

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 09:07 PM
Can an Off Topic and Banter Thread go 'Off Topic'?

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:12 PM
Awww lookit da wickle thicky missin' the reference. Awwwwww son.

Julz
6th December 2004, 09:16 PM
:p:D:p:D:p:D;)

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 09:19 PM
I didn't miss it, and I'm adamant about that! :p But the fact remains it's become a 80 music thread rather than a get Big C out of doo doo thread!

Personnally if you can't remeber where you parked then pay up n' shut up, Muppet!;):evil:;)

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:20 PM
Actually...bollocks doesn't have a stepping stone so you can just kiss this instead lnl!

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:23 PM
That ANOTHER edit BDM:question:

Julz
6th December 2004, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I didn't miss it, and I'm adamant about that! :p But the fact remains it's become a 80 music thread rather than a get Big C out of doo doo thread!

But it's still in the OT&B section, so it can be as off topic and banterous as he likes, as long as no bad words are used!!;):p

Julz
6th December 2004, 09:28 PM

Hey! Adam and the Ants were about the ONLY good thing to come out of the eighties!! ;):D:cool:

Oi, I was born in the eighties!!:evil::p:D

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:29 PM
Also...it's my thread and I'll do what I like with it! :p

Burple
6th December 2004, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Actually...bollocks doesn't have a stepping stone so you can just kiss this instead lnl!

Good recovery Big Man!! ;):D

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 09:44 PM
That's fine by me! Anyway Julz gave me the answer I wanted :p. As it happens I quite enjoy these little diversions.

The reason for the edits - I can't remember all the codes for the smileys ;)

Big Col
6th December 2004, 09:49 PM

Good recovery Big Man!! ;):D

<grins> I had just remembered that stepping stone wasn't on bollocks and had to think up a quick recovery. :)

Sheilz
7th December 2004, 04:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

So was I :approve::approve::p

X30YES
7th December 2004, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

1880's :question::p

Sheilz
7th December 2004, 05:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

[quote]Originally posted by low_n_loud1

1880's :question:

:blackeye::blackeye::eek::kiss:

Big Col
7th December 2004, 05:09 PM

I think she meant just the 80's. As in 80AD. ;)

Burple
7th December 2004, 06:15 PM

I think she meant just the 80's. As in 80AD. ;)

Snigger snigger..

<hides behind Big C :D:p>

Sheilz
7th December 2004, 07:34 PM
Playtime boys. Building blocks or construction kits?
;):D:D:D

Big Col
7th December 2004, 08:13 PM
Ooooh can you show us how to use building blocks mum. You were around when they made Rome after all. ;)

X30YES
7th December 2004, 09:33 PM
Ooooh can you show us how to use building blocks mum. You were around when they made Rome after all. ;)
Well that will take a few days then Col :p