PDA

View Full Version : Music

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 09:44 PM
Am looking for any ideas as to why the cd I burned last night wont work in my car. The disc is specifically for music and plays fine on my pc but tells me it hasnt any music on it when I tried it in the car stereo. The disc itself is just CD-R if that's of any relevance and have a sony player with mp3 in the car. Haven't a scoobie the format the music is in but disc has 104 tracks (mp3?).
:question:

duncan
3rd December 2004, 09:50 PM
Make sure the file extention is .MP3.
If its .WMA, it may not play on your car stereo.

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 09:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Make sure the file extention is .MP3.
If its .WMA, it may not play on your car stereo.

Thanks Duncan, how can I check and if its wrong is it changable or do I need to start from scratch?

Julz
3rd December 2004, 09:55 PM
You'll have to make sure that your cd burner also does MP3's, otherwise you'll have to get one (I bought my MP3 burner for under £20!)! It probably is WMA as I've made this mistake a few times when not paying attention!;):p

Big Gordy
3rd December 2004, 09:55 PM
If its squeezed 104 tracks onto one CD there is no way it will play on a standard cd player :eek: unless its all Ramones songs ;) :p:D:approve:

duncan
3rd December 2004, 09:58 PM
Ok, on your pc, insert the disc, and open the CD drive from My Computer.

Right click on one of the song files, and click on properties.

It says "type of file" and if it says something like Windows Media Audio file, or MP3 Audio file.

duncan
3rd December 2004, 10:02 PM
Also, did you make the tracks from your own CD's or downloaded?

If you made them from your own CD's, did you use Windows Media Player?
That converts the CD track to a WMA, and not an MP3.

I use MusicMatch (http://www.musicmatch.com) to convert CD tracks to MP3.

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 10:10 PM
I used musicmatch which I think also burns mp3. I'll check that out as I might need another burner as Julz suggested.
Thanks. This means I might have some hair left this afternoon!

:D:D:D

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

If its squeezed 104 tracks onto one CD there is no way it will play on a standard cd player :eek: unless its all Ramones songs ;) :p:D:approve:

Awww lookit da old fart who doesn't know what MP3 is. :D

Shielz says in her first post that her car has a sony MP3 player. ;)

I'd imagine it's MP3 if you got 104 tracks on there Shielz. Are they in folders?

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 10:15 PM
Sheilz, you should download a copy of itunes from Apple. It makes burning CD sooo easy, even John can do it! :blackeye:

John has my copy on CD already to install if you don't have broadband, he's also got some music on CDs as well which might be of interest.

Burple
3rd December 2004, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I used musicmatch which I think also burns mp3. I'll check that out as I might need another burner as Julz suggested.
Thanks. This means I might have some hair left this afternoon!

I always use Red Sphere's CDRipper 3..
Had a quick look, but I can't find it online now.. must be gone!
It's very easy to use, and you can send it off to get the track listings too!
Lemme know if you'd like it and I'll send you a copy ;):D

Julz
3rd December 2004, 10:27 PM
I use cakewalk pyro, which is rather cool, I just like the bit where you load the cd and it names all the titles for you!! Braw!!:D

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 10:28 PM
Itunes, Musicmatch et all do that as well!

Having used Musicmatch and Cakewalk I would say that Itunes is the easiest and best way to manage your music collection and burn CDs. If all of Apple's software is this good I'll be changing my PC for an Apple soon!

Also if your thinking of getting an IPOD then this will save you switching later!

Wul
3rd December 2004, 10:51 PM
I'll second the ease of use of iTunes - vers 4.7 is downloadable from www.apple.com - used musicmatch, audiograbber and iTunes is the easiest - insert the CD, click on the CD on the left and hit the import button - job done - make sure you've set it to MP3 from aicc first if the properties first.

As for burning - did you use music match to burn the disc? for my JVC MP3 changer I rip in iTunes and then burn the CD as a data CD from Nero - it's simply a drag and drop programme. Julz - i can't see why you'd need a specific MP3 burner - sounds like a bit of clever hype to me!

Finally Sheliz - check the sony manual to see what CD versions are playable - it might only play CD's and CD-RW's ie not CD-R!

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 10:59 PM
I'll third the use of iTunes.

Julz
3rd December 2004, 11:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Julz - i can't see why you'd need a specific MP3 burner - sounds like a bit of clever hype to me!

Cause at the time I couldn't download a free one etc. cause I was on narrowband and was getting VERY annoyed, so I just went out and bought one!;):clown:

Wul
4th December 2004, 01:15 AM
Ah I see! :clown:

Sheilz
4th December 2004, 04:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

[quote]Originally posted by Big Gordy

Awww lookit da old fart who doesn't know what MP3 is. :D

Grrrr!!!! ;):D:D:D

Sheilz
4th December 2004, 04:36 AM
Thank you everyone I will do battle with technology tonight - found that tearing my hair out doesn't work coz I still haven't got a working cd BUT after treating the kids - big and small - to pizzahut for tea (no dishes :p:p) I'm raring to go. Once son no.2 stops laughing and picks himself off the floor :disapprove: I shall give it another try. :approve::approve::D:D

X30YES
7th December 2004, 12:10 AM
http://www.aqrp64.dsl.pipex.com/SupraBlueMoon.mp3 brilliant song

Sheilz
7th December 2004, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Cheers Angus, its not bad. A bit livlier than the original!

The Dogfather
7th December 2004, 02:30 AM

Sorry not my bag man!:p

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 02:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Are you going to tell that to Ricky Hatton next time he goes in the ring BDM??? ;)

Big Col
7th December 2004, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Are you going to tell that to Ricky Hatton next time he goes in the ring BDM??? ;)

Why not? All you'd have to do is pretend to puch him and he'd fall down and roll around on the floor like a fairy!

X30YES
10th December 2004, 02:34 AM

not mine either ...but still gets the old foot tapping :D

Burple
10th December 2004, 02:39 AM

not mine either ...but still gets the old foot tapping :D

Hmm.. I kinda like it...
And pretty much all Punk/ metal remakes of obscure songs...

Go have a listen to Goldfinger's version of the old '99 red Ballons' by Nena!! :D:D:cool:

duncan
10th December 2004, 03:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Go have a listen to Goldfinger's version of the old '99 red Ballons' by Nena!! :D:D:cool:

2 words -

Damn Straight.