PDA

View Full Version : 'News' Section

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 12:12 AM
I think this section needs some kind of update. There aren't any articles with this year's (correct use of comma - BS) date on them. If no-one can think of anything specific why not do a summary of the years activities, members' (correct use of comma - BS) cars that have been featured in 'Gomini' etc. That way first time visitors might get an idea of the 'energy' and enthusiasm in the site.

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I think this section needs some kind of update. There aren't any articles with this year's (correct use of comma - BS) date on them. If no-one can think of anything specific why not do a summary of the years activities, members' (correct use of comma - BS) cars that have been featured in 'Gomini' etc. That way first time visitors might get an idea of the 'energy' and enthusiasm in the site.

Uhm...you hadn't used a comma the first time you said "(correct use of comma - BS)". ' is an apostrophe. , is a comma. :)

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Uhm...you hadn't used a comma the first time you said "(correct use of comma - BS). ' is an Apostrophe. , is a comma. :)

B******
:I:I:I:D:D

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 12:29 AM

B******
:I:I:I:D:D

:D:kiss:

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 12:45 AM
Big Col - Resident Heckler, Pedantic Barsteward and Gramma Police',',,',,,'!

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

You mean Grammar I assume:question: Assuming that you do you are actually incorrect. Just because someone mistakenly calls an apostrophe a comma does not mean that their grammar is incorrect. The incorrect use of a word is not a grammatical error as grammar is the study of how words and their component parts combine to form sentences. It is not the study of what words mean.

Gismo
3rd December 2004, 12:53 AM
I think this section needs some kind of update.
That way first time visitors might get an idea of the 'energy' and enthusiasm in the site.
Great idea Sheilz, i look forward to reading your first write up ;)

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 12:57 AM
Yeah yeah I know BS. "Get back on topic". Sorry. :)

Wul
3rd December 2004, 01:07 AM
You guys really need to stop teeing Big Col up! You're making it too easy for him! :p

Surely it would be the punctuation police - Eh Col:question:

Nice idea though Sheilz! :)

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 01:13 AM
Oh Fcough! BC!

Teeing Big Col up? Now that's an idea! U'R a golfer aren't U BS?

If you serious Sheilz perhaps I can have a word with our (Resource's) PR person about a possible article in the lifestyle bit of the P&J.

Just a thought!

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

You guys really need to stop teeing Big Col up! You're making it too easy for him! :p

Yeah and it's no fun if it's too easy Wul.

Surely it would be the punctuation police - Eh Col:question:

I'm not rising to that bait! :p

Nice idea though Sheilz! :)

Sure is. :)

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 01:44 AM

Oh Fcough! BC!

Teeing Big Col up? Now that's an idea! U'R a golfer aren't U BS?

If you serious Sheilz perhaps I can have a word with our (Resource's) PR person about a possible article in the lifestyle bit of the P&J.

Just a thought!

Get the MODS onto it!
:D:D:D

Sheilz
3rd December 2004, 01:47 AM

Who can spot the grammar mistake?
:I:D

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 04:05 AM

You mean Grammar I assume:question: Assuming that you do you are actually incorrect. Just because someone mistakenly calls an apostrophe a comma does not mean that their grammar is incorrect. The incorrect use of a word is not a grammatical error as grammar is the study of how words and their component parts combine to form sentences. It is not the study of what words mean.

Can we please get a smiley that yawns:p

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 05:49 AM
We can as soon as you can spell Ferrari SC. :D

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 06:53 AM

We can as soon as you can spell Ferrari SC. :D

Where is that yawn. Please Please can we have a yawn;)

MartinSullivan
4th December 2004, 12:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Where is that yawn. Please Please can we have a yawn;)

http://www.tipmaster.com/images/yawn.gif http://www.tipmaster.com/images/sleeping.gif

Scottie
4th December 2004, 12:22 AM
Martin, All we need now is them in the box on the left so we can pick them;)

MartinSullivan
4th December 2004, 12:56 AM
Cant help you there Fiona but if can use the following links with [img] tags as you would to display a picture to use them in a message http://www.tipmaster.com/images/yawn.gif or http://www.tipmaster.com/images/sleeping.gif

If you do a reply with quote on my original message you will see what I mean

X30YES
6th December 2004, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Can we please get a smiley that yawns:p
:sleepy:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz:D

Scottie
7th December 2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks Martin,

That worked fine.

MartinSullivan
7th December 2004, 02:36 AM
No problem fiona , glad to be of service :D