PDA

View Full Version : Do you use it?

Vosh
2nd December 2004, 08:16 AM
I was fumbling about in the dark trying to open my drivers window when I realised that a small green light was staring back at me. Took a few seconds for me to realise that it was the recycled air thingy button. Reckon thats the first time it's been on since I got the car.

So, does anyone actually use it?

:D

Nenah
2nd December 2004, 08:33 AM
Always - esp. behind smelly diesel engines or smelly cow fields like the Mackey Ice Cream factory - phuuueeewwww!!!

Mini Me
2nd December 2004, 08:38 AM
yep,passing fertilized fields and BD'S house:p

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 09:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

yep,passing fertilized fields and BD'S house:p

You drive past bad dogs house?? You must have big offroad wheels attached to your wee mini!!!:D;)

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 09:37 AM
I never use it. I'm never stuck behind lorries for long enough:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wul
2nd December 2004, 06:27 PM
Works well for defrosting the motor in the mornings as you aren't heating cold air from outside the car so does it quicker - switch it off once done though or you'll steam up inside! :p

mgemie
2nd December 2004, 06:32 PM
yeah i tend to use it when driving through smelly places:p;):D:D:D

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 06:39 PM
Yes I used it when following one of the classic minis on the central run, unburnt fuel!

Smurf
2nd December 2004, 09:27 PM
I use mine too - passing or behind smelly things - it's brilliant.

The classic mini - was it the wee bright blue Turbo'd one BDM?

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 09:32 PM
It's useful to heat up the inside of the car more quickly on cold days but it will not stop your windscreen from misting up inside when it is switched on.

Burple
2nd December 2004, 10:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I use mine too - passing or behind smelly things - it's brilliant.

The classic mini - was it the wee bright blue Turbo'd one BDM?

..erm... no... I think it was the burgundy one - the one on apparently it's first trip?
Needs the carb and fuelling sorted!! It *was* a bit stinky!!
<sigh>... reminded me of my old Pick-up... :):D:cool:

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 10:50 PM
No, as LnL said the Burgundy one!

I did follow LnL for a while and there was a strange smell as well! Herbs, I think!

Burple
2nd December 2004, 11:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

No, as LnL said the Burgundy one!
I did follow LnL for a while and there was a strange smell as well! Herbs, I think!

Sorry!! <parp!>...
that will have been the garlic bread from Friday night ;):D

Smurf
3rd December 2004, 02:32 AM
That's OK then, thanks BDM and LnL!
The bright blue Turbo Mini is my hubby's, and we know it has a few problems, running a bit rich is one of them. Although if it stinks of unburnt fuel, it's worse than we thought! There is a smell of fuel inside the car, but we think it comes from the engine bay, where the waste dump for the turbo is....

It will be fixed over the winter!

The 'herby' smell was definitely nothing to do with Orville.....! :D
Glad the two of you enjoyed the run! :D

KINGHORN
3rd December 2004, 04:47 PM
NEVER EVEN knew it was there, will have a look when i get home

Big Col
3rd December 2004, 05:00 PM
I always think to use it after the smell is already in the car. As a result bashing the button just recirculates the same bad smell. :dead:

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I always think to use it after the smell is already in the car. As a result bashing the button just recirculates the same bad smell. :dead:

Same here, although it does stop the smell gettin' worse, soon as I past whatever's causing the smell I switch it back and open windows.

Burple
3rd December 2004, 11:38 PM

The bright blue Turbo Mini is my hubby's, and we know it has a few problems, running a bit rich is one of them. Although if it stinks of unburnt fuel, it's worse than we thought! There is a smell of fuel inside the car, but we think it comes from the engine bay, where the waste dump for the turbo is....

..But it's such a sweet looking car!!
What sort of Carb is it running? Webers are well known to be a bit 'dribbly' with fuel..

RichardV
3rd December 2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah I use it to stop the noise of the wind coming thru when the Lynard Skynard Freebird guitar solo is playing and I am on the motorway!

Apart from that hardly ever......:cool:

MartinSullivan
4th December 2004, 01:05 AM
Its good for warming the inside of the car initially - but gets the car way too steamy if you leave it on too long.

Smurf
4th December 2004, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

..But it's such a sweet looking car!!
What sort of Carb is it running? Webers are well known to be a bit 'dribbly' with fuel..

Aww, shucks, thanks! :D
As far as I know it's an SU Carb, not a Webber. The source of the whiff needs some further investigation.
At least on this run he didn't do his 007 trick of pi$$ing fuel out of the petrol cap over whoever was following! :eek: He did that on his inaugral run with us, and Tribalmini came to the rescue with a latex glove to stop the leak! :eek::D We now have a new seal in the filler cap.....

Ahhh, the joys of classic motoring... :cool:

Big Col
4th December 2004, 07:20 PM

Tribalmini came to the rescue with a latex glove

MUST...RESIST....OBVIOUS...INNUENDO!!!

The Dogfather
5th December 2004, 05:09 AM

It must be torture for you Col.

Heather
9th December 2004, 08:09 AM

Was not me that came to the rescue with the said glove. It was my glamorous co-pilot GAJ. Do you and latex gloves have a history Col??!!:D

Big Col
9th December 2004, 04:34 PM
<eyes water> I don't want to talk about it.