PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kuwait

MartinSullivan
2nd December 2004, 01:31 AM
Well thats me been in Kuwait for nearly 24 hours - not seen any MINIS yet - seen a couple of beetles though.

Managed to get laptop online in hotel so I can see what is going on on here ;)

See ya all soon

Scottie
2nd December 2004, 01:46 AM
Kuwait.

What do you think.

Allan was in the gulf but that was first time round.

Wul
2nd December 2004, 02:00 AM
Koo-eee in Kuwait Mart!:p

You're just showing off now!:cool:

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 02:05 AM
Bring me back a giraffe!!

Julz
2nd December 2004, 03:26 AM
I thought you said you weren't gonna have to go!! Now mind and wear a hat, you don't want to burn your heid!!;):D

DNV122
2nd December 2004, 04:12 AM
Martin,

I've just bought a set of alloy wheels from some block in Aberdeen who said he was cleaning them for a guy in Kuwait - is that you ? I though £50 quid was a lot, but he managed to squeeze another tenner out of me.

;)

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 04:33 AM
I've just got a set of four spots and a couple of union jack mirror covers, bargain only £40 :p

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Bring me back a giraffe!!

Are you not getting mixed up with camels? :clown:

How long have you to be there for Martin? All that hotness :p when we have too much coldness :disapprove: and all that muck on the roads - poor Eck just needs to peek out the driveway and he gets his wee nose dirty though I dont suppose it's any worse than getting it all dusty.
Does this mean you'll miss the party at yoor hoos on Friday?
I think allowing your car to be stripped down with all proceedings going to Julz' charity is a magnificent gesture. You're a star!
:approve::approve::D:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 05:27 AM
No not a cammel, I want a Giraffe god dammit!!

Mini Me
2nd December 2004, 05:34 AM
forget the Camel,bring me one of them there new imported wife's :p

Nenah
2nd December 2004, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Well thats me been in Kuwait for nearly 24 hours - not seen any MINIS yet - seen a couple of beetles though.

Managed to get laptop online in hotel so I can see what is going on on here ;)

See ya all soon

Hey Martin!

Looks like you just missed Ramadan - shame 4 u, would have been a cruisy working month.

I could only last 1 week due to the prohabition on alchole - mmmm....just going to crack open another coldie!! ;)

I can recommend the Ritz Beiteddin for top Arabic cuisine - or at leat it was back in '98.

Be careful and stay safe! :)Tell Cazza she should still join us on 16th for Aberdeen nigh out :)

Cheers
Nenah

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 06:02 AM

All that studying - taking its toll. Sleepy, giraffes live in Africa. :I:I

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 06:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

forget the Camel,bring me one of them there new imported wife's :p

and as for you Mr Brown eyes, you canna manage the one you've got never mind getting another one. Why not try the camel?
:clown:;):D

Big Col
2nd December 2004, 06:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
and as for you Mr Brown eyes

<raises one eyebrow> <looks at Iain> <looks at Sheilz> Do I detect a Rosy glow around you two??? :eek::blackeye::kiss:

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 06:15 AM
careful Mr Broon might take the hump with ye :clown:;):D:D

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 06:17 AM

careful Mr Broon might take the hump with ye :clown:;):D:D

Note: singular use of noun - as a 'naming', not 'doing', word. :clown::approve::D:D

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 07:38 AM

Yeh, But I still want a Giraffe. I always ask for one wherever anyone goes!! Its just an alternative to asking for a monkey. Thats so last week :D:D

Mini Me
2nd December 2004, 08:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

and as for you Mr Brown eyes

<raises one eyebrow> <looks at Iain> <looks at Sheilz> Do I detect a Rosy glow around you two??? :eek::blackeye::kiss:
we have a special relationship Col....;)

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 08:55 AM

Yeh, But I still want a Giraffe. I always ask for one wherever anyone goes!! Its just an alternative to asking for a monkey. Thats so last week :D:D

Tell you what. If Martin doesn't get you a giraffe I will ask Catriona if you can have Gerald. OK? :D:D:D

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 09:38 AM

Tell you what. If Martin doesn't get you a giraffe I will ask Catriona if you can have Gerald. OK? :D:D:D

Ok, Faaaantastic!!:cool:

Big Gordy
2nd December 2004, 05:15 PM
Better watch sleepy or you might end up with Big Col as he's a bit of a giraffe;) Nothing to do with his height though. No its because he splays his legs when he's drinking :p:D:approve:

Big Col
2nd December 2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah but only 'cos the chicks dig it. ;)

Julz
2nd December 2004, 05:27 PM

That only works with a Nairn accent!! Where's Krusty when you need her??;):clown:

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Martin,

I've just bought a set of alloy wheels from some block in Aberdeen who said he was cleaning them for a guy in Kuwait - is that you ? I though £50 quid was a lot, but he managed to squeeze another tenner out of me.

;)

Dont even go there mate - I have been waiting months for those wheels, and when do they turn up , the bloomin day before I go to Kuwait - TYPICAL!!!!

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I've just got a set of four spots and a couple of union jack mirror covers, bargain only £40 :p

;) may they bring you much pleasure and happiness mate

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 02:04 AM
Saw my first New Mini out here today - its a cabriolet, parked just round the corner from our compound. I might go and stick a newminiscotland flyer on it ;)

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 11:48 PM

Yeh, But I still want a Giraffe.

If I can find you a giraffe sleepy you shall have one

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 11:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I thought you said you weren't gonna have to go!! Now mind and wear a hat, you don't want to burn your heid!!;):D

I know, I didnt think I would have to go either :evil: Until Friday when I got handed a visa application with my name.

Its not actually that hot here at the mo, 5 degrees in the morning , and 17 degrees when I leave site

MartinSullivan
3rd December 2004, 11:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Looks like you just missed Ramadan - shame 4 u, would have been a cruisy working month.

I could only last 1 week due to the prohabition on alchole - mmmm....just going to crack open another coldie!! ;)

I can recommend the Ritz Beiteddin for top Arabic cuisine - or at leat it was back in '98.

Yeah Ramadan is just finished - wouldnt have made much difference to me, as there are very few Kuwaitis on site.

I can get alcohol here if I want it - there is a "bar" on site, selling local "home brew" - two yanks have been off for 5 days so far after drinking it , think I will give it a miss :D

I will ask my indian driver about the Ritz Beiteddin - see if it is still any good. I'll bring you something nice back :D

X30YES
5th December 2004, 06:02 PM
Please bring me back the lowest note you can get Martin (I collect foreign notes...sad I know but still !!)

MartinSullivan
6th December 2004, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Please bring me back the lowest note you can get Martin (I collect foreign notes...sad I know but still !!)

No probs Angus - we can discuss how much it will cost you next time we meet!!! :D

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 02:43 AM
When R U due back?

MartinSullivan
14th December 2004, 08:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

When R U due back?

I'm back :D

Never got sleepy a giraffe - sorry mate.

On the last day had to fill up my thirsty 4x4 with twin 50 litre tanks, I put almost a full 100 litres in it and guess how much it cost????

£14 - couldnt believe it!

The Dogfather
14th December 2004, 08:19 PM
Feck! That's cheap. Bloody UK government!