PDA

View Full Version : Hands free mobile phone kit

red devil
30th November 2004, 03:49 AM
I have just bought my first mini 1 , the nature of my job is that I need a fully fitted hands free kit installed , I have the kit fom my old car but wondered if anyone knows how easy it is to refit to a mini and where is best place to put it. Do any of you have a kit installed and any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Mini Me
30th November 2004, 04:34 AM
do you have blue tooth ??

Gismo
30th November 2004, 04:36 AM
See the pic below for my install, i have a custom made downtube that hides the wires very nicely whilst giving me full control of the phone through the speakers
I guess it depends on what phone etc you have for availability of the correct holder etc

I got the downtube from mikeythemini (http://www.newministuff.com/)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Bonnie Scotland/imgp0400.jpg"

Mini Me
30th November 2004, 04:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

See the pic below for my install, i have a custom made downtube that hides the wires very nicely whilst giving me full control of the phone through the speakers
I guess it depends on what phone etc you have for availability of the correct holder etc

I got the downtube from mikeythemini (http://www.newministuff.com/)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Bonnie Scotland/imgp0400.jpg"
I have a custom made...........BS why am i not surprised,you REALLY are a very scary man(not to mention smart ar5e):p;)

Gismo
30th November 2004, 04:50 AM
Also, go to mikeythemini's (http://www.newministuff.com/fitting_a_hands_free_kit.htm) website for installation details ;)

Gismo
30th November 2004, 04:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
I have a custom made...........BS why am i not surprised,you REALLY are a very scary man(not to mention smart ar5e):p;)

It's not really custom made for me :I mikeythemini sells them, so, it's really just an add on

red devil
30th November 2004, 05:09 AM
I have a Nokia phone with Nokia fittings and cradle .Do you know if it is easy to install back in a mini or am i better to get a new kit , bearing in mind the kit I have cost me 230 quid 18 months ago.

Thanks again

Gismo
30th November 2004, 06:38 AM
I would imagine the kit you have should fit, not sure about the cables though, you could post back with the kit part number and wait for John (he's a fully qualified car kit installer :cool:)

red devil
30th November 2004, 07:35 AM
The kit part no is type :- HFU-4

020066 e17 (if that makes sense)

The cradle fits a Nokia 6610 i

Thanks BS

john
30th November 2004, 08:41 AM
John Enters the room:D

will post in the morning:)

john
30th November 2004, 04:56 PM
The kit is very simple to fit (obviously cos I can manage)

The Black wire is earth
Red permenent positive
Blue ign/switched positive
Yellow is the stereo mute:)

Does your car have a glove box or not??

Big Col
30th November 2004, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by red devil
I have just bought my first mini 1 , the nature of my job is that I need a fully fitted hands free kit installed , I have the kit fom my old car but wondered if anyone knows how easy it is to refit to a mini and where is best place to put it. Do any of you have a kit installed and any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Do you have bluetooth on your phone rd? If you do MINI have a cool bluetooth setup coming out shortly for about £250. See minime for details.

red devil
30th November 2004, 07:18 PM
Ok thanks John for your help , now I just need to find someone to fit it .

red devil
30th November 2004, 08:35 PM
Em no dont have a glove box , but was thinking of getting one.

Tam1314
1st December 2004, 09:33 PM
lm Red Devils better half (she will kill me when she reads this) who would you recommend to fit the handsfree kit, bearing in mind that we are in West Lothian this weekend. Thanks

Gismo
1st December 2004, 09:50 PM
Not from that area i'm afraid, but, you could have gone to John's work place for a professional fitting ;)
You can sit and have a rather nice sanny and coffee while you wait as well :p

red devil
1st December 2004, 11:48 PM
So where is Johns work place and how much does he charge to fit the hands free

Gismo
1st December 2004, 11:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by red devil
So where is Johns work place and how much does he charge to fit the hands free
He's in Aberdeen, sorry, i don't know how much his company charges

Tam1314
3rd December 2004, 08:00 AM
Ok thanks

mgemie
18th December 2004, 12:27 AM
i've just fitted a ck7w nokia bleuetooth handsfree kit to my MO. Quite straight forward esp. since i bought it from mikeythemini and came with whichever ISO/WAVE/BOOST connection i wished.... cheers mikey!! Eventhough this is a bluetooth nokia kit it will work with nonBluetooth handsets since it can be changed from wiredto unwired. Also, this nokia kit is compatible with nonNokia handsets - i bought this specific kit since i use both Sony Ericsson and Nokia kits, bluetooth and nonBluetooth.