PDA

View Full Version : Play Mini Exhaust

Craig
29th November 2004, 01:50 AM
After a conversation yesterday with Ewan (LnL) about my exhaust, I found out that the reason the silencer on my exhaust rattles a bit at tickover is that it doesn't have the correct back-box hanger. It is currently resting on the original bracket, which is far too big, so the rear silencer is not really secured. Ewan did mention that John (aka ZOOOOM) might be able to source one. Can anyone help? Pleeeeeaaase, cos it sounds really naff when it rattle when trying to pull away. < note to self, don't buy anything else from MiniSport as the guy who sold it to me told me "the original bracket for the back box works fine" - MUPPET!>

ELFMAN
29th November 2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Craig, I know this is no help at all(!), but seems funny that the 'Playmini' system needs a non-standard hanger. Mine (albeit for the 'S') fitted a treat on the originals. Would seem to be a bit troublesome to have to start fitting different hangers - especially if this isn't pointed out when you buy the system - as this would just put folk off buying the system.

Why don't you contact Nick at Playmini (01293 851944), as I'm sure he would give you some "sound" advice. I'm just about to fit a "Playmini" manifold as I'm so chuffed with the system.

john
30th November 2004, 02:08 AM
The system comes with the new hanger,therefore you must have paid for it and not got it!!

I have a new one at home but as I am not at home at the moment I cannot check if its the early hanger or the later hanger.

What age is your car so I know what one you want?

Craig
30th November 2004, 06:06 AM
It's 2003 (may) vintage, just got the exhaust about 2-3 months ago. If you could help John, that would be great. As i say it's the metal clamp hanger type thing that wraps round the back box that I'm missing. If fits on the other hangers OK, it's just this bit (hope this clarifies any confusion.) Love the exhaust otherwise...:D

Cheers

Craig

ELFMAN
30th November 2004, 09:42 PM
AHA! That explains it.

If you didn't get the hanger, get right onto Minisport and tell them you want the right bits - you've paid for it mate!

Craig
4th December 2004, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

AHA! That explains it.

If you didn't get the hanger, get right onto Minisport and tell them you want the right bits - you've paid for it mate!

Took you advice Elfman and email'd them on Wednesday and yes you've guessed it.............NIL RESPONSE:eek:. not so much as "we have you request and we will deal with it". Nothing! I really do wonder how companies can continue to trade when they treat customers like this. I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING ELSE FROM MINISPORT EVER!:mad:

John - if you can still look for the part, I would be more than happy to pay for it as it would appear that Minisport who sold the exhaust to me couldn't care less.

thanks

Craig

ELFMAN
5th December 2004, 04:26 AM
MINISPORT - Phone them up and tell them to get the finger out, tell them you're a member of NMS etc and this is making them look like tossers. No company likes/needs BAD publicity.

E-mails are handy, but dead easy to ignore - talk to a human! I just don't think you should let them off with it, by all means don't buy anything else from them, but get what you paid for first!

I bought a 'Stage 3' 1275 engine and 'box from them for my "classic" back in the 80's, and it came up with the wrong distributor (ran like a pig) and breather holes not drilled and tapped - had to get the engine back out to do this. After a lot of wrangling, they paid for the extra work, and replaced the dizzy. Once all was sorted, it went fine, but it seems they're keeping up the old traditions.... GET ON THAT PHONE, be a pain in the @r$e!!!!

The Dogfather
5th December 2004, 05:12 AM
Craig - Put it in writing, send it by recorded mail. When your sure they receive the letter call them.

ELFMAN
10th December 2004, 06:21 AM
Good point, BD.

Scottie
10th December 2004, 06:28 AM
Minisport Padiham. Enough said. I'll never deal with them again after the botch they made on my Cooper S. They don't give a monkey if your a member of NMS or MINI2.

Craig
19th December 2004, 09:32 PM
Finally received the bracket for the back box yesterday, tried to fit it and (yes you've guessed it) - A PROBLEM. It appears that when BMW have put on the original bracket it has had metal parts welded to either side of the bit of metal that goes through the rubber hanger, so that you can't get the bracket out!:mad: So off to Menzies on monday for new rubber hangers for the back box strap and probably get those rear light gaskets I should have got before fitting my new rear lights. Nothing is ever simply.....:D