PDA

View Full Version : Mini sports rear silencer

aimee_s
28th November 2004, 04:02 AM
anyone fitted the ridiculously overpriced official mini/bmw sports rear silencer? or heard how it sounds? would be interested to hear opinions!

minimaster
28th November 2004, 08:13 AM
I have the works exhaust which costs the same the sound is amazing, not sure how the performace differs but why worry when u have a mere 115bhp to start with.

sleepyrascal
28th November 2004, 10:47 AM
Whats the price aimee?

I just found out... £400 + probably about 50 quid labour!!

BLIMEY!!

Craig
29th November 2004, 01:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

anyone fitted the ridiculously overpriced official mini/bmw sports rear silencer? or heard how it sounds? would be interested to hear opinions!

My sister has the AC Schnitzer exhaust on her Coop and it sounds good, but it cost £650 :eek:. I have a Play-Mini stainless steel exhaust which only cost £200 and it sound justs as good, if not better. Others also have the same exhaust (LnL, Zimbo etc...) who may also comment. Don't go for anything too loud (Just ask Bad Dog.:D) as it can be hell to live with on long journeys.

Craig

The Dogfather
29th November 2004, 02:11 AM
Yes make sure you hear it first, I had to get an extra box put in mine to keep the noise down.

The new exhaust is OK but a bit loud for long journeys (yesterday's 12 hours behing the wheel for instance).

aimee_s
29th November 2004, 07:09 AM
how will i be able to hear it.... bit of a daft question no doubt, but will they have a mini up at JC's to listen to u think?!

The Dogfather
29th November 2004, 07:26 AM
No I doubt it, what I meant was find someone with an aftermarket exhaust that you like as it could be a very expensive mistake! Personally I'd go for a playmini, not too loud but loud enough.

aimee_s
29th November 2004, 08:10 AM
ahhh ok...i getcha!

sleepyrascal
29th November 2004, 08:33 AM
Aimee, if your going for the BMW exhaust, just say you want to hear it and see it fitted before you buy!! Seems a fairly reasonable request if you ask me!!

Burple
30th November 2004, 02:00 AM
Yup..
Playmini all the way!!!

Just put the exhaust on by itself (the Single box one! ;)) and see how you like it...
(Or give someone a shout who lives near you and has one fitted for a wee listen)
If it needs to be louder.. Induction kit time!!!
K&N seems to be loudest, and I would recommend the RamAir one meself!! :D