PDA

View Full Version : Italian Job...

Tony
12th June 2003, 12:06 AM
Im just gauging response here...

The Italian Job is out (sometime in September, i think),.....and I was messing about with the Idea of having a cruise which finished off outside the UGC Cinema in Aberdeen,..very much like how the americans did when it was released there.

THEN, i considered, what would be even cooler,...and a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for some publicity would have been to try and get the top floor of the Multistorey carpark that the Lighthouse Cinema in ABerdeen uses, and have an Italian Job Inspired photoshoot, maybe with the local press.

Hows about it? 2 months or so after the Cullen Run,...maybe another opportunity too good to be missed??

john
12th June 2003, 12:35 AM
I spoke to Matt at JC and he is trying to rent one cinema hall just for mini customers and to have a run somewhere too:)

Woz
12th June 2003, 12:47 AM
I think Moorf was sounding off the idea as well at the end of the Perthshire cruse although not sure how far she has taken it yet.

She wants to get a whole screen booked at the Dunfermline Odeon (Big multi-screen job off the motorway), a section of the car park roped off just for Minis and then a run after the film when everyone is wanting to jump back in their car for a high speed thrash slow cruse through the surrounding area.

I will give her a prod and get her to reply to this thread.

Tony
12th June 2003, 01:01 AM
John, do you reckon that Mat will get round to it.
Sounds like it would be a laarrffff!

look forward to it.
ON another note,.....just found i cant go to the Cullen Run, cause ive got a wedding to go too,..BOO!!!
so, lets hope some'it happens for the Italian Job, and ill MAKE SURE that im free..

Wul
12th June 2003, 01:27 AM
:disapprove: Wah! I was hoping to make it along to one of the eventual runs that would be inevitably organised to co-incide with the opening of the italian job movie....

But as the opening is on the 5th of September and i'll be on my 'official' honeymoon then, i'm going to miss it :disapprove::disapprove::mad:

Woz
12th June 2003, 02:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

:disapprove: Wah! I was hoping to make it along to one of the eventual runs that would be inevitably organised to co-incide with the opening of the italian job movie....

But as the opening is on the 5th of September and i'll be on my 'official' honeymoon then, i'm going to miss it :disapprove::disapprove::mad:

Why not change the date of your 'official' honeymoon to avoid the clash, its not too late :blackeye: Sorry to hear that, hope to meet up with you on a run soon.

Linda M
12th June 2003, 04:53 PM
Dunfermline sounds good to us Woz :)

Big Gordy
12th June 2003, 08:16 PM
Yeh we could be up for the Dunfermline one. Keep us posted.:D;):D

Julz
12th June 2003, 08:44 PM
Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris, Milan, where ever, I'm no fussy;)

Monsta Mo Mini
12th June 2003, 08:53 PM
I'd be up for Dunfermiline but would have to confirm nearer the time.

Gismo
13th June 2003, 03:29 AM
I wanna go, i wanna go, i wanna go, put me down for any venue, prefferably with lots of cameras and stuff

Bonnie Scotland

Woz
13th June 2003, 05:13 AM
Slight change that means we will have to step back from organising this one. If all goes to plan we might be living in New Zealand, more later when I have details.

So if someone else want to pick this one up

Woz

3GGG
13th June 2003, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Woz

Slight change that means we will have to step back from organising this one. If all goes to plan we might be living in New Zealand, more later when I have details.

A 'slight' change :eek:

Sounds like a smart move given the state this country is in :disapprove:

Woz
13th June 2003, 06:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
A 'slight' change :eek:

Sounds like a smart move given the state this country is in :disapprove:

The only problem point is that the Mini has not yet been released there yet :eek: so we will have to decide if we become Mini-less :disapprove: or ship ours out there and hope we can get it serviced etc :p

Moorf
13th June 2003, 08:21 AM
So who's up for a run around Auckland?

Moorf
:D

Julz
13th June 2003, 08:41 PM
Sod, it, Auckland, Shetland, why not just have a NMS world tour!!:D

Moorf
13th June 2003, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Funny you should say that... :D was trying to figure out just how far towards NZ we could drive before putting it on a boat!! China methinks? :p

Monsta Mo Mini
13th June 2003, 10:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Well done Julz!
HEY EVERYONE!!! Julz has volunteered to organise the NMS world tour:D:D:D;)

macblob
14th June 2003, 03:01 AM
Sounds like a really good idea, doing a run to co inside with the film

let us know where and when :cool:

Bod
14th June 2003, 07:30 AM
I'd deffo be up for an Italian Job run. I bags not being the one to drive down the steps though. :cool:

shoppie
14th June 2003, 07:35 AM
Me and Goldmember would up for this.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool:

sh@z
14th June 2003, 10:12 AM
yeah me for definate...

would be soo funny ...

people would really get the idea after the movie when they see the mini's zooming about :D

3GGG
15th June 2003, 07:13 AM
Right, we are all agreed its a jolly good idea, so - Who is going to take ownership of this and actually organise something at Dunfermline?

Monsta Mo Mini
16th June 2003, 05:37 AM
I think you just did!

3GGG
16th June 2003, 05:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

I think you just did!

OK OK - I guess I am closest to the place. :D

Was speaking to GAJ today about this, possibly we could try and get one of the dealerships involved as they may well be interested in promoting it as a great bit of marketing. NMS could of course make sure a large number of MINIs will turn out for the photoshoot.
I'll approach my dealer this week and see what they think. - I have to see them about the squeaky seat syndrome in any case :mad:

Linda M
16th June 2003, 06:23 AM
Good on you David ;)

Tony
16th June 2003, 05:03 PM
So, is this looking like turning into 2 mini cruises??

If Matt is still going to organise something in Aberdeen for JC,...is that still gonna work, john?

its just that,..well, i dont normally drive as far as dunfermline when im off down the pictures,.....you see....

Linda M
16th June 2003, 07:44 PM
If it comes off, I think it will have to be a split thing due to the distances. The Aberdeen one for the folk up that way and the Dunfermline one for folks in the Central area.

Tony
16th June 2003, 08:09 PM
sounds like a plan

sh@z
17th June 2003, 02:29 AM
yeah sounds good :)

Julz
17th June 2003, 07:07 PM
But I'm kinda middleish between the two, oh no, I'm going to have to make a decision!!:eek:

Tony
17th June 2003, 11:23 PM
i think i can get at least maybe another 5 MINIs involved up here for the Aberdeen run.

Tony
18th June 2003, 12:00 AM
Id like to take the opportunity to say (with regard to other threads on this forum),....that I am more than happy,....and would very much like to be involved in the organisation of an Aberdeen City based Meet/ Cruise in colaboration with Matt at JC... for the release of the Italian Job.

John, what do you think,....how is this going to happen?
im here to help,...and like ive said i think i can rustle up some more cars. id easily help with a route, organisation, liason with JC, whatever needs doing..............

3GGG
19th June 2003, 10:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

If it comes off, I think it will have to be a split thing due to the distances. The Aberdeen one for the folk up that way and the Dunfermline one for folks in the Central area.

Sounds the way to do it - I hope to have more news on the Dunfermline event soon;)

Linda M
20th June 2003, 12:19 AM
OK, just had a call from my dealers.

While chatting 'The Italian Job 2' came up. Seemingly MINI UK got in touch with every dealership about a month ago to see if they'd be interested in putting on regional 'preview' showing in assosiation with Paramount. My dealership is pretty certain these will be going ahead. Which in our case means that we'll be getting invited by our dealership to this showing which will probably be at Falkirk.

So I take it that 'all' of you out there will get the same invites from your dealerships to their showings.

IF this is the case, you should maybe hold off David :question:

Big Gordy
20th June 2003, 12:49 AM
Do you think Falkirk will put aside an area for MINI's :question::question::question: I don't think I would enjoy the film if our 'WeeOne' was left to defend itself in the car park mixed with all the bangers that are about :evil::evil::evil:

Linda M
20th June 2003, 12:54 AM
By the sound's of it, it will be well organised and I would expect security for the MINI's.

Monsta Mo Mini
20th June 2003, 01:06 AM
i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for my dealership to organise anything. Unless any of the company representatives perusing these forums would like to tell me otherwise.....?????

Linda M
20th June 2003, 01:42 AM
You might get a tin of sweeties :D:D:D

3GGG
20th June 2003, 03:14 AM

OK, just had a call from my dealers.

While chatting 'The Italian Job 2' came up. Seemingly MINI UK got in touch with every dealership about a month ago to see if they'd be interested in putting on regional 'preview' showing in assosiation with Paramount. My dealership is pretty certain these will be going ahead. Which in our case means that we'll be getting invited by our dealership to this showing which will probably be at Falkirk.

So I take it that 'all' of you out there will get the same invites from your dealerships to their showings.

IF this is the case, you should maybe hold off David :question:

Thanks Linda, Too late! - I was through at my dealer today and spoke to one of the sales team who was not aware of any plans by MINI/BMW for this. (That was my first question, because there was no point in arranging something if it had all been arranged already). I gave him a NMS flyer and a print of what was done in the USA for their launch. He was going to pass it to the MD and I am awaiting a call back. I'll phone tomorrow and ask if they are aware of the plans that you found about today.

Tony
20th June 2003, 05:01 PM
Hmmmmm,..another breakdown of communication with BMW dealers again......
nice.

Well, have to wait and see if Aberdeen get off their bums. Man, i SO wish the BMW rep would make him self known and help us get this sorted.

warranties, previews,..what else can BMW UK not firmly sort out country wide??

Monsta Mo Mini
20th June 2003, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for my dealership to organise anything. Unless any of the company representatives perusing these forums would like to tell me otherwise.....?????

I'm still waiting!:mad:

Linda M
20th June 2003, 07:18 PM
Do we have the 'only' dealership that actually communicates with it's customers. They are also helpful, return phone calls, great after sales, and I can go in anytime and have a chat and coffee :approve:

3GGG
20th June 2003, 07:55 PM

Do we have the 'only' dealership that actually communicates with it's customers. They are also helpful, return phone calls, great after sales, and I can go in anytime and have a chat and coffee :approve:

You are a good customer though Linda;)

I spoke to my dealer again today, and it appears that something similar to what you mentioned is in the planning stages. I have asked to be kept informed of developments.

In some ways it would have been nice to have had a 'special' big preview screening for as many as possible, but it appears now that it will be in many places at different times with the resulting dilution of effect.

Personally I think BMW/MINI missed a big opportunity here for a big splash of advertising. :disapprove:

So folks - I'm stepping back from organising anything (unless my dealer pulls out for any reason).
:blackeye:

Willie M
20th June 2003, 08:22 PM

So folks - I'm stepping back from organising anything (unless my dealer pulls out for any reason).:blackeye:
Thanks for your efforts David, much appreciated. Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll get the chance to put your organisational skills to good use on NMS someday ;):) Ever thought about a 'Lochgelly Dash'? :cool:

Tahra
21st June 2003, 02:01 AM
Or David how about some time in the future trying to arrange something for the original ( and it will be the best ) Italian Job - Theres no way Mark Wahlberg is going to compete with Sir Michael !:evil:
I know a couple of cinemas used to have a scheme where you could "request" a film for a special occasion. The Adam Smith in Kdy used to do it for about 100quid, unfortunately they dont really have the kind of car park for showing off cars. But it would look so cool if there were a load of Clan Members cars too:approve::D:approve:

3GGG
21st June 2003, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

Or David how about some time in the future trying to arrange something for the original ( and it will be the best ) Italian Job - Theres no way Mark Wahlberg is going to compete with Sir Michael !:evil:
I know a couple of cinemas used to have a scheme where you could "request" a film for a special occasion. The Adam Smith in Kdy used to do it for about 100quid, unfortunately they dont really have the kind of car park for showing off cars. But it would look so cool if there were a load of Clan Members cars too:approve::D:approve:

Well, I do have the original on DVD, do you think we could all huddle round my Tele?
:question::clown:

Also can provide a special edition Italian Job Classic Mini for that added touch of authenticity.:cool:

Gismo
23rd June 2003, 01:49 AM
I have the perfect equipment in my living room for a special viewing for anyone interested in the original film, it consists of a 42" plasma screen with full home cinematic speakers etc, i can even dim the lights as they do in the cinema :cool:

I won't be putting on a pinny and servibg ice creams out of a big tray though.

If anyone is interested i could easily seat say 9 or 10 people, 6 on comfy furniture and the others on a couple of leather seats and maybe a couple of garden folding chairs.

So, if anyone wants it on, i can show it.

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
23rd June 2003, 06:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I have the perfect equipment in my living room for a special viewing for anyone interested in the original film, it consists of a 42" plasma screen with full home cinematic speakers etc, i can even dim the lights as they do in the cinema :cool:

I won't be putting on a pinny and servibg ice creams out of a big tray though.

If anyone is interested i could easily seat say 9 or 10 people, 6 on comfy furniture and the others on a couple of leather seats and maybe a couple of garden folding chairs.

So, if anyone wants it on, i can show it.

Bonnie Scotland

Sounds nice:p

How about we go one better and hire a big video projector and build a giant white screen (maybe we could use the cricket club's sight screen) and make our own Drive In Cinema for the MINIs.;) Would have to wait for some darker nights - but they are drawing in now anyway:clown:

macblob
24th June 2003, 03:12 AM
Was in Dunedin today getting my coop serviced and new front tyres.

Anyway , asked the mini saleman about any news of a preview showing of the italian job.
So he looked into it for me and said it maybe happening and took my number and said he would let me know.
It is apparently getting held at participating UCI cinemas so would be at Kinnaird park i suppose.
He also said the guy that runs that UCI is a cooper driver , so might be looking good for a preview in Edinburgh. Anyone with Dunedin as a dealer give em a bell about , the more interest shown the more change there is I reckon :D

Cheers Brian

Monsta Mo Mini
24th June 2003, 04:27 AM
I'm heading down for my monthly vist this Thursday. I'll make sure I mention it.

macblob
29th June 2003, 06:23 AM
Calum did u happen to mention the Italian job filem when u were in Dunedin about ur clutch prob etc?

Just wondering if Dunedin were gettin off there arese and doing anything about it:question:

Monsta Mo Mini
30th June 2003, 04:53 PM
Didn't see the MINI Sales guy.... will be back again today as the bits weren't in.

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd July 2003, 05:12 PM
This one seems to have died on it's arse!

What is the release date of the film anyway?

Anybody had any update on dealers organising something?

Big Gordy
23rd July 2003, 05:27 PM
Last I heard was they are waiting for permission from Paramount to screen it early for Mini owners. The latest edition of Cineworld has a small review of the film but just said 'coming soon'. If my memory serves me well I'm sure the release date was September (but don't quote me on that ;))

macblob
23rd July 2003, 06:26 PM
I thought this had died too lol

I was back in Dunedin on Monday and spoke to Mark the MINI sales dude.

Apparently Dunedin arent one of the dealers that are taking part in any preview showing ..........no suprise there then.

But he thought it was still probably going to be Kinnaird park UCI and would let me know if he could get hold of any tickets.

I have a feeling he just said that so id leave him alone :D

Anyone got any other ideas for this?

Tony
23rd July 2003, 06:32 PM
I heard last time when i was up at JC in aberdeen that they didnt think that they would be showing the film at the dealership, but though that maybe one of their other salesmen was going to try and get the hire of a cinema hall somehwere instead.

if it happened i would be on the mailing list is all i was told...but again that sounds like a line to get me to stop going on about it......

i have a funny feeling that if the dealerships dont take ownership of this one, we have have to revert back to plan B and organise something ourselves.

Im more than happy to get cracking with the Aberdeen area run.......

thoughts??

Tootie
23rd July 2003, 10:56 PM
I'm quite happy to help with organising this in the Aberdeen area, if no one has any objections I'm willing to write to both the Lighthouse and UGC cinema and gauge their responses, will of course copy our local JC dealer in the hope that they may help if they know there is a keen interest.

Wul
24th July 2003, 05:07 PM
the official release date seems to have changed from the 5th to the 19th of september! check out: http://www.italianjobmovie.co.uk

Burple
24th July 2003, 10:27 PM
I don't know why..
But I've only just read this thread (duh)
Definitely up for either Aberdeen or Dunfermline (or anywhere) - or both (?) if they happen to be on different nights? Count me in!! :D
Any excuse to grin like an idiot in front of a camera!!
(as you can see from the 'speed camera' pics from the Cullen Run!! ;) )

Woz
25th July 2003, 09:48 AM
Right, looks like the NZ lead has gone cold so Moorf and I are up for either of the runs.

Big Gordy
8th August 2003, 01:36 AM
Latest edition of Cineworld Aug-Sept 03

The Italian Job - Minis revving it up in LA
Release date - Sept 19th

Based on the 1969 original that starred Micheal Caine and Noel Coward, the news of a remake sent shudders down many people's spines. Could anyone really recreate this fantastic movie to the standard it deserves? The answer seems to be yes, this latest big budget, very grand modernised offering really is superb. the director decided that seeing as the first film was so good it would be silly to try to copy it directly, so instead it was given a new glammed up feel. We also get to see the New Cooper in all its glory as it speeds around the streets of LA.
The story centres around charlie Croker (Wahlberg), a man who has spent a long time planning the perfect robbery. The heist will take place at the spectacular palazzo in Venice. To help him complete this tricky crime, he enlists the help of driver Handsome Rob (Statham), Lyle (Green) the computer hacker, a top theif named Steve (Norton), Left Ear (Mos Def) the explosives expert and veteran safecracker called John Bridger (Donald Sutherland). Everything goes to plan, that is until he discovers that one of his trusted team has been planning to double cross him all along.
When this double crosser flees with the bullion, Charlie is unsurprisingly deperate to retrieve the bullion, and seeks help from the gorgeous safecracker called Stell (Theron). In order to get it back, they plan to travel to California where they will alter the Los Angeles traffic control system to create the ultimate traffic jam, enabling them to snatch back the gold.
This latest offering is as much of a rollercoaster ride as the first, but has a newer feel to it. The cast is youthful, the plot is fantastic, and the stunts are amazing. This latest film will have you as engrossed in it as the original.

Ohhhhhhhh after typing all that I can't wait - bring it on :D:D:D

Wul
8th August 2003, 05:23 PM
i've applied for free tickets to the edinburgh premier through Stella Screen - it's on Wednesday 10 September!?? 9 days before the published release date - peculiar!

Big Gordy
13th August 2003, 11:19 PM
Right this is for the Menzies (Stiring) customers :p I emailed Iain yesterday and his reply today reads as follows, "The Italian Job will be screened on Sept 11 (I think).I will be having a meeting tonight regarding the invitations and exact screening times etc..." He also quoted that they have sold 840 minis :eek: (good job they don't all come on the forum at once ;)) If I find out any more info I will keep you posted.

Big Gordy
13th August 2003, 11:21 PM
Oooops :I I meant Stirling not Stiring :p

ZMZ
14th August 2003, 02:36 AM
I've got a copy of the film and I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

The car chase is spectacular.

Willie M
14th August 2003, 03:39 PM
Nice one Big G :cool:

macblob
14th August 2003, 04:30 PM
Dunedin missed the boat with the advance preview so dont known what is happening in Edinburgh

KenL
26th August 2003, 05:06 AM
I've today received a letter from Eastern, they are offering tickets for a screening on 11/9 at Fountain Park cinema.

Anyone else get the letter?

macblob
26th August 2003, 06:43 AM
nope< i might give em a bell though cause dunedin arent doing a thing

KenL
26th August 2003, 04:01 PM
To anyone who did get the letter, what was it like and what was in it? Mine was a silver box type envelope containing the letter and a leaflet about the film. It was all burst open so I was wondering if it should have contained anything else as it was big for what arrived in my mail.

Big Gordy
26th August 2003, 04:21 PM
James at Menzies said a 'gold brick' would arrive through the post :eek:(I think its a play on the gold bullion that's in the film) and that the tickets to the preview are in the form of a 'pit pass':) No doupt we will find out all in the fullness of time :cool:

Big Gordy
26th August 2003, 06:37 PM
Oh and another thing...........:p I am reliably informed that the action with regards to Menzies is as follows:- they have approx 150 tickets for the showing at Cineworld in the retail park,Falkirk on the 11th Sept (thats 75 Mini's :eek:)The plan is to meet at Menzies, Stirling at 6.30pm and then drive in convoy to Falkirk where hopefully there will be a cordoned off Mini parking area. I will report on any further developments as and when I hear about them. Over and out, pip pip, what what, tally ho old bean :p

KenL
26th August 2003, 06:44 PM
Bl**dy waste of time that was then :disapprove:

The letter arrived yesterday morning after I left the house. Phoned this morning and their allocation is all gone :(

I'm in the huff !

Eastern if you're watching I might just have to buy my next MINI from Dunedin :p

Big Gordy
26th August 2003, 07:52 PM
That's a bummer Ken :(

macblob
27th August 2003, 03:32 AM
Dunedin arent even doing anything for it so at least Eastern are trying Ken

Linda M
27th August 2003, 05:04 AM
Daisy and Stouffer are very excited about Menzies Italian Job :cool:
I think you'll find it's 76 MINI's Gordy ;)

Big Gordy
27th August 2003, 04:12 PM
Whether it's 75 or 76 (it might actually be 77 as they have 154 tickets ;))it's still a lot of mini's ain't it :p

Monsta Mo Mini
27th August 2003, 05:02 PM
Dunedin have finally got their act together - got my gold bar this morning...although I've already said I'm attanding the Aberdeen event...drat! 6.30 showing at the Omini on the 11th.

weefossy
27th August 2003, 05:40 PM
Also got my Gold bar from Dunedin and have booked 2 tickets. They only have 170 seats and have sent out twice as many invites, offering 2 tickets each. They are apparently being snapped up very quickly, so phone now. If anyone else from NMS is going, do you want to meet earlier and drive to the Omini in convoy??

Monsta Mo Mini
27th August 2003, 05:59 PM
I'm still hoping to get up to Aberdeen but if I can't get away early enough then I'll be going, booked my tickets aswell. I think it might be a better idea to do a post film cruise. The town will still be choka at 6pm and the film starts at 6.30pm.

Big Gordy
27th August 2003, 05:59 PM
My advice to anyone reading this is to phone the garage you bought your mini from NOW and tell them you want tickets even if you don't have the letter yet. As weefossy said, its on a first come first serve basis and they don't have enough tickets to give to every mini owner so the sooner you phone the better IMHO. You will be on your dealers mailing list anyway so just jump the gun and get in there :p

weefossy
27th August 2003, 11:09 PM
Big Gordy is spot on. To jump the gun, the contact at Dunedin is Gillian Potts and the number is 0131 468 7373.

MMM - good idea to do a post film run, as we will all be rushing from work before the showing. We are up for it, especially if it leads to a beer!!

Tony
27th August 2003, 11:34 PM
MMM, it might be easier if you go to the Edinburgh showing, huh?
It would be wicked to see you up here, and especially since NMS is sitting proudly side by side with John Clark - yup NMS appears all over their letters - wicked!!

But its gonna be a struggle to get up here, mate, aint it??

3GGG
27th August 2003, 11:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony

MMM, it might be easier if you go to the Edinburgh showing, huh?
It would be wicked to see you up here, and especially since NMS is sitting proudly side by side with John Clark - yup NMS appears all over their letters - wicked!!

Phoned Morrisons of Kirkcaldy today - letters have gone out - mine has not arrived yet. Asked then to phone me back with more info. No details of where or when the showing is...

Communication is the key :(

Big Gordy
28th August 2003, 12:11 AM
Never mind the letter 3GGG :evil::evil::evil: just get them to put your name on 2 tickets :mad::mad::clown: Don't be sucked in by the letter thing, focus on the tickets, the tickets. OK ;)

Big Gordy
28th August 2003, 12:16 AM
Doh Linda :p I just realised what you meant by 76 Mini's :I Daisy and Stouffer are both going aren't they. Silly me :I

3GGG
28th August 2003, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Never mind the letter 3GGG :evil::evil::evil: just get them to put your name on 2 tickets :mad::mad::clown: Don't be sucked in by the letter thing, focus on the tickets, the tickets. OK ;)

I am I am:)

Have phoned twice already but the person dealing with them is still busy and is going to phone me back... :question:

Monsta Mo Mini
28th August 2003, 12:44 AM
I was beginning to think the same thing Tony. i was just going to take the afternoon off and visit my folks enroute (Forfar) but we're going to be short handed that day so getting away may be a problem.

3GGG
28th August 2003, 01:09 AM

quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I am I am:)

Have phoned twice already but the person dealing with them is still busy and is going to phone me back... :question:

A result :):p

2 tickets coming - for 11th Sep at Dunfermline (6pm) - Special MINI parking area - some MINI's on show inside and 210 tickets in total for Morrisons. That is a lot of MINIs :eek:

macblob
28th August 2003, 01:34 AM
Got my letter from Dunedin this morning :D

woohoooo, phoned and booked my 2 tickets when i got to work so ill be there.

Post film cruise would be the best bet i think as were meant to be at the cimema by 6pm which will be tight for most people anyway i would have thought.

definately up for a cruise and stuff after though :D

GAJ
28th August 2003, 02:40 AM
I've heard hee-haw McGraw!:eek::(

I'll phone Dunedin tomorrow and beg!;)

macblob
28th August 2003, 05:26 AM
That sucks Gaj maybe ull get it in the mail in the morning.

Would have thought ud have got urs today aswell though

GAJ
28th August 2003, 08:50 PM
Got it now and am all booked up and ready to go!

Monsta Mo Mini
28th August 2003, 08:56 PM
What about a cruise then? Anyone got any ideas for a route?

Willie M
7th October 2003, 04:30 AM
Just put a wee update on our website about the Menzies Italian Job night. If you want to see Big Gordy's wifes MINI One you'll find a piccy there ;):D

Still got Cullen and Scottish Mini Weekend to do, hopefully get round to it in the next couple of weeks. :eightball:

Wul
10th October 2003, 11:34 PM
Finally got to see TIJ this week, thought it was quite good as long as you don't get too interested in the plot. Good car chases although having seen most of the making of progamme on MTV - the underground scene where they just beat the train does look slow in the movie.

Miss Theron .....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D

Liked the cameos from Stifflers Mom and Kelly Brooks at the end ;)

Although i do have a quick continuity question - at the start of the main heist in the mini's Marky Marks Mini :D has a dunt in the door despite him not having bumped into anything yet!

Oh and edward nortons tache was squint too! :D

3GGG
11th October 2003, 02:14 AM
Wonder if you saw the program on Channel 4 the other week on the Italian Job? - There was quite a lot of info on the making of the new and the original film. The MINIs in the underground scenes had ELECTRIC motors because they were not allowed petrol in the underground! They also hired a guy with a hammer to try and keep the dents correct between shots.
Must make up a DVD with that documentary and the Rendezvous film on it someday.

Linda M
12th October 2003, 06:17 AM
Missed it David, along with the 5th Gear special the other week :mad: We're sitting watching this crappy portable tv with 2 channels working at the moment :disapprove: Had to resort to watching a dvd on the computer tonight :clown:

3GGG
12th October 2003, 06:05 PM
Never mind Linda, I'm sure it will be lovely when its finished! I have that 5th gear prog on tape also, so once you get organised you are welcome to have a look at it.
Bet you are looking forward to the Skye run and a chance to take Daisy for a decent run.
Cheers - David

Gismo
12th October 2003, 07:00 PM

Never mind Linda, I'm sure it will be lovely when its finished! I have that 5th gear prog on tape also, so once you get organised you are welcome to have a look at it.
Bet you are looking forward to the Skye run and a chance to take Daisy for a decent run.
Cheers - DavidI must have had my head buried in the sand cause i can't recall any programme on 5th Gear, do you have a copy of the programme or could you post it to me, i'll look after it honest.
I need something to look at during the days without my own car ;)

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
12th October 2003, 07:05 PM
I would like to get the taped stuff transferred to DVD, I especially would like to transfer the "Rendezvous" short film of the race through Paris as it is well worth keeping. So I am looking for someone with VHS to DVD copy capability who could do the business. Then you are very welcome to have a copy.

Linda M
13th October 2003, 03:16 AM
Thanks David, would like to see anything MINI you have taped when we get settled :)

Don't think I'll manage the Skye run now, we 'thought' we'd be settled by then but of course that's not happening due to us having to do tons more work than intended. So I will probably have to stay home with the doggy :( Willie will be out to play though (as usual) I always get the rough end of the stick :clown:

BUT, I got Daisy back on Friday and have had a real 'blast' of a weekend, the first real go with her being run in and I tell you she's pretty RAPID, I was pretending to be Miss Theron :eek:

3GGG
13th October 2003, 04:23 AM
That's a pity Linda, sure you can't get a doggy sitter for the weekend ?- I'm not volunteering as Pat is allergic to dogs though she would like one.

We won't make this run either, pity because I would have loved to have visited Skye again.

Glad that Daisy is going well!