PDA

View Full Version : Private REG for the MINI

The Dogfather
25th November 2004, 05:38 AM
Just been on the DVLA website and I'm thinking about getting a private reg - L8 BDM (Bad Dog MINI) or smimilar. It will cost about £250 including transfer.

What do you reckon?

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 05:54 AM
Balding,dense,muppet ????????

Smurf
25th November 2004, 06:08 AM
I got a DVLA private reg for mine, and I love it! It will go on my next one too.
Since I got mine, my Dad's bought one too!

Go for it.

GAJ
25th November 2004, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I got a DVLA private reg for mine, and I love it! It will go on my next one too.
Since I got mine, my Dad's bought one too!
Go for it.

me too. and so did mine!

ny152
25th November 2004, 07:27 AM
Go for it, y'know it makes sense.

A lot of site sell the reg no's but DVLA are by far the best (and cheapest).

weefossy
25th November 2004, 07:38 AM
go for it, you know it makes sense. I think it's a "best value" upgrade for any car.

Heather
25th November 2004, 07:39 AM
Got mine from them too!:D

Big Col
25th November 2004, 08:03 AM
In my very humble opinion I don't think it's worth £250 mate. No one else is gonna have a clue what it means and could just as easily think it means bent droopy manhood. I think the DVLA are a shower of robbing ba***rds!

john
25th November 2004, 08:33 AM
save your cash and change your name:)

yours faithfully

FSK

sleepyrascal
25th November 2004, 10:37 AM
IM with john on that one. I have been scouring ebay for a good plate. Plates such as RRS 345 can be found for 100 quid, and you get a free crap car too!!

3GGG
25th November 2004, 05:20 PM
More money than sense. - sorry just my opinion.

Scottie
25th November 2004, 06:45 PM
I like private reg's and it can be hard to find one that is suitable most of mine I've had since the year the reg was new and have passed it on from car to car.

This reg would only mean something on your Mini so as long as you will always have a Mini then buy the plate bugger what anyone else thinks I don't.

Sheilz
25th November 2004, 08:09 PM
Yep. BDM dinna listen tae thae auld farts. Go get yer plate. Fact is most of them are meaningless to Joe Bloggs anyway.
:D:D:D:D

Big Col
25th November 2004, 08:35 PM
<raises one eyebrow> You can't seriously be calling me an old fart now can you mum? :p

Tahra
25th November 2004, 09:54 PM
Hey - as long as you know what it means ! If you can afford it, go for it cos the other benefit is that you can easily remember your own plate when quizzed on the phone by insurance etc. I got one digit wrong with the tank recently and was asked "and that's a Fiat Panda isnt it ?" Had to make a quick run out to the street in the rain to read the plate......

X30YES
30th November 2004, 09:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Just been on the DVLA website and I'm thinking about getting a private reg - L8 BDM (Bad Dog MINI) or smimilar. It will cost about £250 including transfer.

What do you reckon?
A must for you :D:D

P6 BDM and at £250 a great xmas to yourself BUY IT NOW

Sheilz
30th November 2004, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<raises one eyebrow> You can't seriously be calling me an old fart now can you mum? :p

Hello Son! ;):D:D

X30YES
1st December 2004, 01:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

See we are slipping off topic again .... what about P6 BDM:D:D:D

Sheilz
1st December 2004, 02:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

See we are slipping off topic again .... what about P6 BDM:D:D:D

Sorry Angus, Yep its a brill plate for Paul. The 6 reads like a G so he will have his initials and nms handle too. At £250 a bargain.
:approve::D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
1st December 2004, 03:19 AM
Might have to look into this!

MartinSullivan
2nd December 2004, 01:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Might have to look into this!

Definitely sounds like a good deal for the money - go for it

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 01:26 AM
So much for your post count dropping MS.

Found a PC then?

MartinSullivan
2nd December 2004, 01:28 AM
Took PC with me - but wasnt sure if I would be able to find a network - but I have ;)

Nenah
2nd December 2004, 05:06 AM
Yeah - go for it Paul! I had my new plates with new mark fitted on yesterday (cheers Zoom!) and I'm well pleased I bought them!! :cool:

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 05:16 AM
BBR 220 Nenah right??