PDA

View Full Version : New Mini look

Vosh
24th November 2004, 10:08 PM
Anyone seen the front cover of AutoExpress this week. Has the supposed new face of the Mini. Can't say I like it that much. Has twin head light clusters.

A small pic can be seen here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/

3GGG
24th November 2004, 10:11 PM
Jeez, when are they bringing the MINI Clubman Estate out?

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 10:26 PM
I'm sure the resident dealer gimp will be along soon to confirm/deny this new look!

Scottch
24th November 2004, 10:33 PM
Don't you think it looks terribly photosphopped?

After recent reports in the motoring press that BMW isn't making enough dough from selling mini (due to the complexity of the clamshell bonnet for one) I would have thought that more exterior changes would have been evident.

Think it's just a bit of creative journalism to be honest.

Cheers!

Scott
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/interceptor/49559.jpg

Vosh
24th November 2004, 10:39 PM
It definately Photoshoped on the cover. The article inside says the clamshell bonnet is going, going to be a bigger grille, bigger wheel arches, bigger all round and I think I'm right in saying that the windscreen wipers will need to be hidden to meet new pedestrian regulations. Or something. Possibly. Not sure. I'll get back to you...

Great help me. :)

Big Col
24th November 2004, 11:54 PM
IAIN!!!!!

lightbody
25th November 2004, 02:55 AM
Two headlights would be a horrible mistake - ruining the all-important 'face' of the car.

The new higher bonnet (For pedestrian accident safety) might actually make it look more classic-mini-ish which wouldn't be a bad thing... basically, though, i hope they leave well alone!

monkimagic
25th November 2004, 03:26 AM
YUK !!!!!

Big Col
25th November 2004, 04:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Scottch

After recent reports in the motoring press that BMW allegedly isn't making enough dough from selling mini (due to the complexity of the clamshell bonnet for one) I would have thought that more exterior changes would have been evident.

Just inserting a really important word. :)

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I'm sure the resident dealer gimp will be along soon to confirm/deny this new look!
what can i say appart from ,i smell sh1te !;)

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 04:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

what can i say appart from ,i smell of sh1te !;)

Just inserting a really important word!!! ;):p

Big Col
25th November 2004, 04:53 AM

what can i say appart from ,i smell sh1te !;)

Hmmm. This needs clarification. Are you at home mate or at work next to Claire? ;):clown::D

monkimagic
25th November 2004, 05:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hmmm. This needs clarification. Are you at home mate or at work next to Claire? ;):clown::D

OOOOOoooooohhhhhh

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 05:52 AM
At home.....but i am working.

ny152
25th November 2004, 07:26 AM
Not keen on twin headlights at all. Plus the article says they'll be keeping the 1.4 diesel and just changing the petrol units.

I smell what Iain smells.....

Duncan Stewart
25th November 2004, 05:14 PM
But it says the Cooper will be a 1.6 VVTi (140 bhp) :p, I live in hope! :D

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

what can i say appart from ,i smell of sh1te !;)

Just inserting a really important word!!! ;):p
I'll be watching you MS.:evil:
you can run,but you can't hide:blackeye::p(or can you run:question:)

Big Col
25th November 2004, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

But it says the Cooper will be a 1.6 VVTi (140 bhp) :p, I live in hope! :D

But the coooper doesn't need any more power DS. As it is it offers the perfect balance. MINIs aren't about horsepower they're about the handling. :p

Wul
25th November 2004, 06:38 PM
MINIs aren't about horsepower they're about the handling. :p

Tell that to BS, Julz, Fiona etc etc!:clown:

Big Col
25th November 2004, 06:47 PM
I was making reference to the induction kit thread Wul mate. Do keep up. ;)

Wul
25th November 2004, 07:47 PM
Sorry Col - I can see no reference to the other thread in your post above - someone reading this thread first before the induction kit thread would have no idea what you were on about now would they - you need to be a bit more specific with your posts!

Wul heckels the heckler and legs it!
:blackeye::p:D

Big Col
25th November 2004, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sorry Col - I can see no reference to the other thread in your post above - someone reading this thread first before the induction kit thread would have no idea what you were on about now would they - you need to be a bit more specific with your posts!

Wul heckels the heckler and legs it!
:blackeye::p:D

<sighs and shakes head> Wul wul wul. Do you REALLY want to do this?

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 07:58 PM
Wul remember he has nothing better to do all day than think up replies to peoples posts ;) He certainly doesn't work that's for sure:D When you moving to your 'new' position anyway Col:question:

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 08:13 PM
Go on Wul ,dont be a wuss,or is it to late ???????

Big Col
25th November 2004, 08:31 PM
I'm moving to my new position in January Big G so you're right, I have NOTHING better to do than think up replies to posts. Well...that and annoy Iain with innane quesions as I'm speccing my 'S. :approve:

Gismo
25th November 2004, 08:36 PM
<coughbantersneeze> stay on topic please :)
You can always go to Big Col's forum in OT&B for your online fighting

Duncan Stewart
26th November 2004, 07:07 AM
But the coooper doesn't need any more power DS. As it is it offers the perfect balance.
But we can always improve on perfection ;):D

weefozzy Jr
26th November 2004, 09:34 AM
more power i say, then they have to give the s even more....wooooo hooo (mine already has 137.4):p

mgemie
27th November 2004, 02:17 AM
if the mini is to be redesigned into the version shown on the cover of AE then it would seem that BMW have ditched the new '05 'Bone' splitter thingy in the front bumper..why would they do that if having just introduced it??? This suggests to me that maybe it's just BMW press banter...

silver son
2nd December 2004, 06:32 PM
Lets hope this is just 'press banter'
The article also states that the supercharger is going and being replaced with a turbocharger:question::dead: If this turns out to be true i think i'll buy one of the last current Cooper S models and hang onto it for ever. Just have a feeling that it could be a future classic. Kinda like the MGB Roadster before they ruined it with those awful rubber bumpers etc.
I love my car but wouldn't buy another Mini if they do these proposed changes.

Mini Me
7th December 2004, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

if the mini is to be redesigned into the version shown on the cover of AE then it would seem that BMW have ditched the new '05 'Bone' splitter thingy in the front bumper..why would they do that if having just introduced it??? This suggests to me that maybe it's just BMW press banter...
It's not BMW banter , it's total PISH !;)sorry did i just say that:eek: