PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a bad day....

Julz
24th November 2004, 06:24 PM
and it's not even time for another cup of tea yet!!:(:(

If I get one more drawing with a fatal error, I'm gonna cry!!:(:(:( Plus we had a power cut, so I have to run round and reboot everyone's machine!!

AND, I can't even go out for a wee drive at lunchtime cause my baby is at JC'd getting a new steering column:(:(

I wanna go home....:sleepy:

AND I've got a site meeting later, which means I'll have to take the bosses car, which is a Rover 75 which is like driving a bus!!

Someone please tell me they're having a worse day and I'll feel soooooo much better:approve:;)

(bloomin' drawing just crashed again!!:mad:, I blame the architect, when will they learn to use Autocad properly???:mad::mad::disapprove:)

Gismo
24th November 2004, 06:25 PM
Stop whingin and get on with it :evil::blackeye:

Julz
24th November 2004, 06:31 PM
Always knew I could count on you for some comfort and support in my time of need!:(

Gismo
24th November 2004, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Always knew I could count on you for some comfort and support in my time of need!:(
;):p

Mini Martyn
24th November 2004, 07:15 PM
Oohh Poor Julz!! :( Hope that JC's gave you a curtosey car? My day isnt as bad as yours, just boaring!! Cant wait for the weekend!!

Julz
24th November 2004, 07:19 PM
No courtesy car, I was offered one but couldn't be bothered with having to phone my insurance etc.!! So I just got a lift from one of the guys at work!!:sleepy:

Mini Martyn
24th November 2004, 07:24 PM
That just adds to your bad day then!!?? Well at least youve got the rover to look forward too!!! :D

Smurf
24th November 2004, 09:16 PM
Julz - sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Me too.
I'm pushed for a deadline and keep getting given other things to do.
I had Physio yesterday, so I'm sore and tired.
And one of my cats had to be put to sleep unexpectedly on Monday evening, so I'm a bit sad too.

However, I'll bet there's someone out there having a worse day than me!

Fontal
24th November 2004, 09:22 PM
Well i've just been told that I have to go out in the cold and the rain (no jacket as the company is American so inherantly crap) and radiograph a 4" & 2" line to look for a blockage which we won't see (due to whats in the line) but the powers that be that have no idea of radiography say they know better than us, W£$%^&S, I bet they won't like to come out and get a dose of radiation:mad:

Gismo
24th November 2004, 09:44 PM
Huh, well my 1MB/sec broadband connection is currently running at 5KB/sec :eek:
Even after repeated phone calls BT think it's my equipment that is faulty :mad:

3GGG
24th November 2004, 10:06 PM
Good news and bad news, took my car into the dealer for steering column problem - it turned out to be just a nylon bush that had slipped and was binding, also complained about slight steering wheel offset - mechanic adjusting tracking a bit and it is fine, but recommended i get it booked in for a full alignment as a precaution - Bad news - not covered by warranty even though only done 13K miles. Told them to forget it then, I ain't paying £200.

frizzie__kizzie
24th November 2004, 10:13 PM
I've just had to sit for four hours doing a maths exam, now I've got half a bleedin hour to eat my lunch and then I've got ANOTHER exam that lasts two hours. Anyone care to feel my pain??? :(

:I:clown::kiss:

Julz
24th November 2004, 10:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by frizzie__kizzie

I've just had to sit for four hours doing a maths exam, now I've got half a bleedin hour to eat my lunch and then I've got ANOTHER exam that lasts two hours. Anyone care to feel my pain??? :(

:I:clown::kiss:

And you're still at school!! The exams get worse, I an assure you!! Not that I have any more to do, as of last week I am a fully qualified pleb!!:p

My contact lens just tried to commit suicide so is now all fluffy, and my deadline for friday has now been changed to 4pm tonight!! The joys!!:dead::disapprove:

I still wanna cry, but knowing other people are out in the cold makes me feel a bit better!!;):D

Gismo
24th November 2004, 10:34 PM
Hah, it;s getting better, some minor miracle has restored my broadband connection speed

Scottch
24th November 2004, 10:39 PM
Julz,

It's not so bad being out in the cold mate, at least this way they don't know where to find you to lump more work on.

Unless you answer your mobile ;)

And if you don't, remember that voicemail is a wonderful thing - "press 7 to delete" bliss! :D

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
24th November 2004, 10:48 PM
I wish it worked like that for me!! If I'm on site, I ignore my mobile, but then they phone the site office, who deny all knowledge of me until the comment 'the one with the car', then they know who I am! I do try to hide, but you don't get many girlies on a building site anyway!!:evil::D

Scottch
24th November 2004, 11:11 PM
Julz,

We're not allowed our mobiles on site here (explosion risk / radio interference).

Can't you just hide the car??

Acad - gotta love it ....... sometimes.

You wouldn't work for Jacobs would you?

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
24th November 2004, 11:27 PM
The only risk of having a mobile on site for me is dropping it down a manhole or other such lovely place!!:dead:

I work for Fairhurst, we're supposedly meant to be one of the top firms in the uk, but I think that was before I started here!!:p

And acad, currently, I hate it!!:disapprove:

Scottch
24th November 2004, 11:37 PM
quote:dropping it down a manhole

Sounds painful, and a bit extreme!

Can't you just take the Acad away and give them crayons?

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
24th November 2004, 11:39 PM
Nah, crayons means colouring in!! And if there's colouring in to do, it usually results in a fight over who gets to do it!!:p

sleepyrascal
25th November 2004, 04:03 AM
Ok, being a girl Julz, this should cheer you up... GUESS WHAT FILM ITS FROM!!!???

http://www.angelfire.com/pe/penguindance/images/animpequins.gif

Julz
25th November 2004, 05:14 PM
Don't know, cause I cannae see the piccie!!:p Word of warning though, I only like films where you can buy the merchandise out of the Disney Store!!:p:I:kiss:

Scottch
25th November 2004, 05:34 PM
I can see it Julz, and I do believe you could buy merchandise from that movie from the Dismal store!

My turn for a bad day now - it's 8:30am, our mini should be ready to view, its 47 miles away, I can't leave until lunchtime, I'm really knackered and it's cold in here.

Gurrrrrrr!!!

Cheers!

Scott