PDA

View Full Version : works induction kit

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 12:26 AM
ok, its really not my day. just posted up a topic and it didnt even work. earlier i called my mini dealer to order the JCW induction kit. a few hours later he gets back to me saying that they actually dont do the kit for a cooper yet, only an S. the cooper version will be available in the 1st Q of 2005.....i wanted to get the JCW to keep everything nice and BMW etc etc so i dont upset the TLC thing and when (IF) i sell its all proper....but no no no, the JCW website has to confuse everything by saying the kit is available for coopers!!!!:mad:

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 01:18 AM
That sucks!!!! SO the new cooper tuning kit that minime spoke about must simply be the JCW kit shown on the John Cooper Website...

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 02:21 AM
yeah, im guessing so! not amused though, whats the point in posting it up when it aint even available! grrr!!!

john
24th November 2004, 02:57 AM
I dont think they will sell you the induction kit on its own anyway.

Mini Me
24th November 2004, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

yeah, im guessing so! not amused though, whats the point in posting it up when it aint even available! grrr!!!
I did say the new kit wouldn't be available until next year(ducks for cover):)
Sorry for upsettong you ,but i just like to keep you all informed:disapprove::disapprove:

lightbody
24th November 2004, 06:25 AM
I got the Works Induction kit for my Cooper before they decided not to sell it on its own. I loved it - it transformed my enjoyment of my last Cooper.

Having said that I've not fitted it to my current one because I dont want to mess with my new car yet but also because it rubbed the underbonnet sound-proofing and left a mess, despite careful fitting. Am thinking of getting a different sort for this one that actually fits properly... not sure yet though. The engine seems to sound 'gruffer' anyway...

Gismo
24th November 2004, 07:01 AM
Sorry to keep harping on about it, but, the cooper does not lend itself to being tuned :(

Nenah
24th November 2004, 07:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Sorry to keep harping on about it, but, the cooper does not lend itself to being tuned :(

You heard it straight from the owner of a BBR240! ;)

Gismo
24th November 2004, 07:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the conversion and it is fully endorsed by BMW, but, pound for pound your getting nowt special.
Sure you can allow it to breathe better, but it's all at significant cost :evil:
The cooper should have been the cooper S and the cooper S should have had the works kit as standard :p

Nenah
24th November 2004, 07:43 AM

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the conversion and it is fully endorsed by BMW, but, pound for pound your getting nowt special.
Sure you can allow it to breathe better, but it's all at significant cost :evil:
The cooper should have been the cooper S and the cooper S should have had the works kit as standard :p

AHEM to that, BS! :)

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:01 AM
http://www.johncooper.co.uk/JohnCooperSite/category/Motorsport%5FEngine+Tuning+Kits/
so why is it listed here as being available?!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

I did say the new kit wouldn't be available until next year(ducks for cover):)
Sorry for upsettong you ,but i just like to keep you all informed:disapprove::disapprove:

Dont worry MINIME, I think Aimee meant why did JC post it on the JOhn Cooper website, not why did you post it on here!!:):D;)

Right Aimee?

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:09 AM
correct!

Big Col
24th November 2004, 09:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Don't worry mate. I think it was the John Cooper website she was talking about posting it as available, not you. :)

Edit:- Removed reference to wrong post

john
24th November 2004, 05:08 PM

But the Cooper's' is too slow;):D

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 05:11 PM
BS, John - Personnally I think the standard cooper is fast enough to wear the cooper badge after all MINI aren't about all out speed, it's the handling and balance that mini's were famous for and it has that in bucketloads.

The Cooper S offers a significant step up and the works is a good in house conversion but pricey.

Personally if I was in the market for a 'SuperMINI' then a trip to Brackley would be the most cost effective option.

Duncan Stewart
24th November 2004, 10:00 PM
Nowt wrong with the power output of a Cooper - plenty for the sort of roads I do most of my mileage on without the high insurance, fuel cost, hard ride, tyre cost, etc of a Cooper S (an personally I like the look better with the chrome bumpers & smooth bonnet)
All Minis great cars - different types just suit different needs.
An induction kit / loud exhaust on a Cooper may satisfy the need for the car to sound sportier although it is not really any faster.
I'm personally glad they made the New Cooper as it is - it is the best all round balanced choice but if horsepower is your top priority the the S make more sense, especially if you want to tune it for maximum horsepower for minimum money.