PDA

View Full Version : Interior light covers

Scottie
23rd November 2004, 11:00 PM
How do I get the covers off the interior lights I want to change the bulbs for the Hard Top and the Rag Top.

Also is it easy to get the footwell lights out.

MartinSullivan
23rd November 2004, 11:07 PM
The footwell lights are pretty straightforward, you should be able to pry out the plastic housings with a small screwdriver.

The roof dome light again you should be able to pop the plastic cover out with a screwdriver, then unscrew the unit from the roof and then you can get in to remove the bulbs.

X30YES
23rd November 2004, 11:52 PM
Q ...where are the rag top lts ,above the rear view mirror as in the 2005S, and are they orange LED at present ?

Scottie
24th November 2004, 12:25 AM
I cannae do this. I've tried and Allan's tried we can not get the cover off and we do not want to try to hard in case the screw driver leaves a mark.

Martin,

Any tips.

MartinSullivan
24th November 2004, 12:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I cannae do this. I've tried and Allan's tried we can not get the cover off and we do not want to try to hard in case the screw driver leaves a mark.

Martin,

Any tips.

I changed the bulbs in my mates Cooper about 2 years ago - maybe they have changed the style of the lights. I will have a look on my S later - see if I can do it, and post any info

Scottie
24th November 2004, 01:14 AM
Ta,

Your a good guy.

Wul
24th November 2004, 02:35 AM
Fiona - the roof light in a hard top has three plastic tabs which need to be prised out the white surround in order to get the clear lense out first - a small flat head screwdriver should do the trick - be careful not to crack the lense though.

As for the footwell ones - they hook in at one end and can be pried out from the other like so:

Click the link for a piccy!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15371