PDA

View Full Version : more essays...grrr

aimee_s
23rd November 2004, 06:16 AM
ok, so here we go again-this time im on my last essay. they all have to be in for this wed, and i think ive stretched the starting time for this one as far as i can...36 hours is not much time to write 2500 words on something that you dont even understand, and its not even like i can change the essay topic-theres only one option! not amused!!
well here goes, dont think ill be up all night this time-9am lecture tomorrow and im already falling asleep at the computer right now......:sleepy::sleepy:
(no point at all to this post, other than to waste some essay writing time!!)

Gismo
23rd November 2004, 06:52 AM
Glad to see another fine example of where my taxes go ;):p

sleepyrascal
23rd November 2004, 09:13 AM
Aimee, i hear ya, i hear ya!!! I have to write an essay about Digital culture. How digital technology has changed our world.

This would be ok if i didn't have a stack of other work to be doing.

BS, I think I speak for Aimee, possibly Sheilz and obviously, myself, when I thank you for your taxes, and I thank you further for allowing the price of a pint in my union (not that i ever go) to be at sub £1 level. THANKS!!

Sheilz
23rd November 2004, 09:21 AM
I'm quite smug about taxpayers money coz even though I was a full-time postgrad student I also put in at least 60 hours per week at work. Just spending my own money. Anyway yoos two get back to work. I'm also busy trying to work on my 'masterpiece' though I doubt if that's the description my tutor will assign it!!
;):):):)

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:11 AM
its 12-10, and i need another 1000 words. by tomoro morning. if anyone knows (or cares) about satellite remote sensing.....PLEASE HELP ME!!! my current word count is 1467, and that includes my bibliography...im not acutally sure if that is meant to be included in your word limit, but i sure will be including it in mine!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 09:17 AM
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mjff/homepage.htm

http://ciesin.columbia.edu/TG/RS/RS-home.html

http://www.american.edu/radiowave/

http://www.ga.gov.au/acres/referenc/abou_rs4.htm

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:18 AM
YOU STAR SLEEEEEPY!!!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 09:21 AM
1000 words shouldn't be a problem. If your in 1st year then your word count isn't really important. Otherwise your actual essay, excluding bibliography etc, should meet the given amount of words. They will check it too because they are that sad!!

the websites above are from different parts of the world which you should mention as this is evidence of fair and thorough research! Just change it all into your own words. You don't really have to understand it :0)

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:26 AM
totally dont understand it! lol....computer keeps saying its not posting my replies....grrr! i think in 1st yr i went way over words, and now in 3rd yr and i cant get enough words!! typical!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 09:31 AM
Yeh that seems to be my problem too!! I hve the joy of essay hell starting soon. 2500 bad boy to be handed in 6th December. Plus First Bus are biting at my heals for their project preview. AAHHHHH!!

I think some important person has to change a day to be 27 hours long rather than 24. Thats the only way I'm gona fit all of that in before the deadline. As that will not happen;), i'm probably screwed! Huff!!:disapprove:

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 09:32 AM
i reckon you'll do it.....you managed last time eh! did you just use google to find those sites? cos im now on the lookout for the same idea but to do with airborne remote systems instead....

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 10:01 AM
Yeh for sure!! Just type in 'airborne remote systems' into google and you will get loads of stuff!!!!!!!!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 10:03 AM
http://www.airbornedatasystems.com/

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 10:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

i reckon you'll do it.....you managed last time eh! did you just use google to find those sites? cos im now on the lookout for the same idea but to do with airborne remote systems instead....

I did manage last time, but that involved two all nighters which fuc*ed me up for the whole week! I was falling asleep during the day three days after I handed the essay in. STRANGE!! Quite amusing though!!:D:sleepy::D

I might try alcoholic essay writting 2moro. The Jam (the new Cul-De-Sac) has its opening night 2moro night so I'm heading there for some free drink banter! Some after hours essay writting could be good. Actually, thats the worst idea I have EVER had! Ignore me! You should come along and start an essay rebellion with me!!!:D:D:D lol

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 10:12 AM
cheerz ma dear ;)

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 10:15 AM
lol...good plan!!! let me know what the Jam place is like, suuposed 2 b very nice! anyway, i miteb hittin the town tomorow, but i did that last week after bein up til 4 gettin up at 7...and it wasnt the best! alhtough it was a very cheap nite, didnt need much drinkies at all!!

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 10:18 AM
That would make for a cheap nite!!

..... I hear the distant call of my scratcher! HAve to be at John Clarks tomorrow 8:30am so I better not be late. Good luck with the essay! Hope you get it all done by tomorrow!

I'll keep you posted about The Jam! Anything would be an improveent on the scum hole that it was before!

Im off.... zzzz

aimee_s
24th November 2004, 11:15 AM
finished!!well, ive got enough words to stop, put it like that!its pretty rubbish, and having read through it once with very bleary eyes theres a LOT that doesnt make sense, but im past the point of caring...
anyway, off to sleep now (YIPEE!) but enjoy the jam tomorow, and i reckon youre spot on about it being an improvement on what it was...nt hard to beat tho eh?!

sleepyrascal
25th November 2004, 10:43 AM
So I was at 'The Jam' tonight. It's really nice actually. A pleasant surprise! It was a so called 'VIP' night so the crowd was ned free! WOO! Free or cheap booze and plenty luuurrrvly ladies made it a great night!

They still havn't managed to sort out the bottle-neck problem that they had in Cul-de-sac. It was a bit squashed in there!!

I'm home early because I have an early start. BOOOOOO!!

aimee_s
26th November 2004, 07:20 AM
hehe-well maybe ill check it out at some point soon....what am i saying-COURSE i wil!

Sheilz
30th November 2004, 11:18 PM
Hi Aimee and Sleepyrascal - how you getting on with the workload? I'm feeling incredibly relieved that I got my last piece of work handed in ONE WHOLE DAY BEFORE IT WAS DUE :eek::eek::eek:. Unfortunately my tutor is off ill today so there was nobody there to acknowledge my humongous effort. :disapprove: Not to be outmanouvred by fate (and risk losing a brownie point :eek:) I sent him an email at home to pass on the good news and ask after his health (Major broon-nosing :I:I:I). Now I just have the debris to clear up. O moochos veenos tonightos :D:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
1st December 2004, 12:01 AM
HAHA, good to hear that Sheilz. We were given a one week extension on our hand in date because they finally accepted that we had an unreasonable workload! PHEW! Mind you, they have reset the hand in date to coinside with the preview of the First Aberdeen project!! WILL THEY EVER USE THEIR NUGGETS AND GET IT RIGHT!!!???!!!???!!!