PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Sheilz
23rd November 2004, 01:29 AM
I've just had a call from my insurance agent that Provident do not like my four spotlights and have given me either seven days to remove them or find a new insurer!
Any recommendations?

The Dogfather
23rd November 2004, 01:37 AM
Bugger! That's a bit pedantic!

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 01:45 AM
What??? They won't insure you because of your SPOTS??? That's ridiculous. Did they say why?

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 01:59 AM
Performance inhancing :approve: Makes you go quicker when its dark :p:D:approve:

3GGG
23rd November 2004, 02:01 AM
I'd find a new insurer if that is their attitude.

Gismo
23rd November 2004, 02:03 AM
Direct line will be good for your first year, usually get 10 per cent off online, or Victoria & Liverpool

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 03:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Performance inhancing :approve: Makes you go quicker when its dark :p:D:approve:

I take it you mean enhancing Big G?:approve:

WHAT??? Blame BDM! It's his fault!

The Dogfather
23rd November 2004, 04:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I take it you mean enhancing Big G?:approve:

WHAT??? Blame BDM! It's his fault!

Resident Telltale!

sleepyrascal
23rd November 2004, 04:42 AM
SHeilz, go somewhere else like tesco. I got my tints fitted which is a similar type of upgrade to spots i.e no performance increase. Tesco basically said "cheers for letting us know, enjoy". No extra charges etc.

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Resident Telltale!

Aww ffs! I'm not changing my sig again!!! :mad::evil:;)

X30YES
23rd November 2004, 04:51 AM
Jings tae Hang .......get on line and look for new cover asap ..www.morethan.co.uk ..as long as its not performence enhancing its no trouble , my S was £280..(low milage) and £20 off for loyalty on top of that when I complained about the £20 increase from the original quote ...all depends on when you insure the car ,ie month etc .
A

Sheilz
23rd November 2004, 05:15 AM
Cheers 'abody. Will follow up all suggestions till I get a good deal. My insurance isnt usually much anyway. Bit puzzled by the anti-spots attitude. Not only have they lost my car insurance but my household one too. Sod that for a pack o cards.
:approve:

3GGG
23rd November 2004, 05:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Bit puzzled by the anti-spots attitude. Not only have they lost my car insurance but my household one too. Sod that for a pack o cards.

Did they cancel your household insurance because of the kitchen halogen spotlights? :)

Sheilz
23rd November 2004, 09:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Bit puzzled by the anti-spots attitude. Not only have they lost my car insurance but my household one too. Sod that for a pack o cards.

Did they cancel your household insurance because of the kitchen halogen spotlights? :)

Wouldn't put it past them. But no just me creating a lot more hassle for myself but feeling obliged to stick the obligatory finger in the air.
:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
23rd November 2004, 06:08 PM
How to lose Customers!

MartinSullivan
23rd November 2004, 10:53 PM
Adrian Flux are now pushing M2 insurance for modified cars - they work on the theory, which is probably correct, that people with modified cars take better care of them. They reckon that in lots of cases under M2 it could actually cost you less to insure your modified car than it would to insure the standard version!

Read the article here (http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/news-detail.php?rid=6)

Julz
23rd November 2004, 11:09 PM
Adrain Flux are the only ones that would insure me for my engine mods, and even then I'm still almost £1k!!:eek: My insurance didn't even drop when I went from parking her on the street to a heated, alarmed garage in the back of beyond!!:evil: