PDA

View Full Version : Better than Meguiars.............

KenL
22nd November 2004, 08:51 PM
Hey Wul :p It's time to move on and try something new. Have you tried this stuff? http://www.p21s.com/products/bis_cw.html

Big Col
22nd November 2004, 08:54 PM
<dives for cover>

Wul
22nd November 2004, 09:01 PM
Wellllllllllll Ken - actually i nearly bought some P21S sealant for the the winter months but then i never got round to it and now it's too cold now! So sticking with me NXT spray wax for now.

Gets good reviews on Autopia and available from www.seriousperformance.co.uk too!

But for now my shed is all stocked up and couldnae justify spending the cash till my supply gets low unless someones offering freebies! :p

KenL
22nd November 2004, 09:06 PM
I've got the wax, superb stuff. Bought it and the paintwork cleanser from seriousperformance, not yet used the cleanser as it recommends using it if your car is >6months old.

What's the P21S sealant you speak of? I've never 'eard of that.

Wul
22nd November 2004, 09:49 PM
Appologies Ken - P21S only do the pure Carnuba wax - I meant Poorboys EX-P Sealant - just above the P21S on the Seriousperf order form :I

Last major detailing purchase was a Porter Cable 7424 and Sonus Pad kit - came with free Sonus cleanser which is supposed to be good but i'm finishing off my supply of megs clear coat body scrub first. Used the PC to cleanse the paint and apply NXT tech wax - works a treat - easy peasy and gives very impressive results :approve:

KenL
22nd November 2004, 09:58 PM
These powered polishing things sound great but dangerous in the wrong hands - i.e. mine.

I am considering something like EX-P or even autoglym Extra Gloss protection under the P21S wax as being a pure carnauba it might not be too durable in our crappy winter weather with salty roads.

Wul
22nd November 2004, 10:07 PM
The problem with the sealants is though Ken - you'll struggle to get it to cure unless you have a nice dry warm garage to put the car in! Also you'd be better applying the sealant over the wax so as to maintain you're nice glossy shine.

As for the polisher - the PC is the safest one of that range - it basiclally "jiggles" rather than rotate so the chances of doing any damage are VERY remote.

KenL
22nd November 2004, 10:18 PM
Now I am confused. I thought sealant had to go on the paint as it couldn't bond/cure to wax. You would then just keep re-applying your nice wax over the sealant which lasts a long time; six months or more. :question:

On the polisher. I like the sound of it being "jiggy". Have you found any other uses for it :p:D

Wul
22nd November 2004, 10:31 PM
Ken - my knowledge of wax vs sealant and that posted on the megs forums seems to indicate the sealant is a final step product - in theory - cleanse, then polish, then wax, then sealant.

The sealant probably won't give as good a gloss as a wax when applied to clean paint so that's why you would apply the wax first then seal it in.

Believe it or not - the americans have got a brush attachment for the PC to clean upholstery - now that IS lazy! :clown: