PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard the tale of the MINI bandit?

mgemie
22nd November 2004, 10:44 AM
It would seem that some MINI drivers are out to blacken the good, responsible name of MINI drivers everywhere!! I was out at the cinema in carlisle this very evening when i returned to my beautiful-blue pride and joy only to find some theiving g*t had decided to rid my motor of its shiny, chrome ears!! :mad::mad::mad::eek: A MINI owner and his ride where earlier seen in the area.. People have mentioned him before - MCS chili red with colour-coded white S-spokes & roof reg: PX52 DLY If anyone on here knows him or how to get in touch with him then could you give me a buzz plz since i'd like to speak to him (harsh words to be exchanged or soft words if its a case of mistaked identity). I can't believe that a fellow mini owners was evil enough to remove my chrome ears and thus tarnish my repsect for other mini drivers whom i know to be respectible, law abiding citezens. Looks like first thing monday morning i'm off to my dealership where they will, once again, rub their hands and open their wallets in glee as i approach the forecourt ready to spend yet more £££ - new chrome ears for £70!!:mad::mad:

am not impressed but i'll stop my rant here...

3GGG
22nd November 2004, 05:00 PM
Best left to the Polis - I know they are mostly uninterested in this, but taking things into your own hands could lead you into a lot more bother than he should be in.

The Dogfather
22nd November 2004, 05:01 PM
What about if 20 or so MINIs turned up and decided to have a gentle word, politely asking him to return stolen ears. Nothing illegal in that!

The Dogfather
22nd November 2004, 05:06 PM
It's a shame you wouldn't stoop to his level as it would be so easy to have a set of plates made up with his number. Then ask some one with a C/R MINI Cooper S to drive through a number of speed cameras with the plates on at ridiculous speeds over a period of months. Bye Bye MINI Bandit.......

That would be quite evil!!!!

MartinSullivan
22nd November 2004, 05:23 PM
I would keep my eye on ebay - a lot of this stuff must be being stolen to order as it were - the number of Cooper S side grills, mini badges etc that turn up on ebay, must mean that someone is out lifting them from cars

Gismo
22nd November 2004, 05:47 PM
If you know the reg number and are pretty sure it is him then you must report it to the police, give details of times etc

Remember, the law is there to protect the guilty innocent ;)

Big Col
22nd November 2004, 06:14 PM
It also might not be the best of ideas plotting tales of revenge on a public internet forum...just a thought.

I still say he should have his peas cut off though. :blackeye:

The Dogfather
22nd November 2004, 06:30 PM
It's not the plotting, it's carrying out that's the naughty bit. I'll amend the post though!

Duncan Stewart
22nd November 2004, 06:33 PM
rotten luck Marc :(:blackeye: Why do these scum have to vandalise our Minis?:mad::disapprove:

Tahra
22nd November 2004, 07:06 PM
We had our chrome ears pinched up in Crieff about six months ago. On the inside of the replacements I wrote the reg. of the car plus our home phone number with permanent marker. So, if anyone pinches these ones, at the very least they won't be able to sell them on.

I feel your pain more than most...

John (Mr Tahra)

mgemie
22nd November 2004, 07:27 PM
am just off to order a new pair of ears from my dealer since the pain of seeing my pride&joy through my window all bruised and abused is getting too much...

thanks for all your interesting ideas of revenge but i'd never try anything since it has the potential to cause more problems than it'd fix

monkimagic
23rd November 2004, 04:45 AM
I say go get the ****er !!!!! nasty sod, sorry to hear about that mate

mgemie
23rd November 2004, 05:09 AM
my brused'n'abused pride'n'joy now has new ears but...:disapprove: they aint the chrome ones since i've now decided to be cautious since it would appear that chrome ears are a desired item ;) -also i refuse to spend £70 on chrome doo-daas... i'm now sporting glossy black ears

Mini Me
23rd November 2004, 05:18 AM
If it's any help(which it wont)they brake when you take them off most tomes ,so although the wee sh*t should be shot,he probably can't use them.
Get his address and take the Pitlochry run to his house.....
And if you need new mirror covers,let me know,as i know a parts manager who will help you out.

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 05:20 AM
See! And you all mock me for defending the wee spud impersonator from time to time!!!

lightbody
23rd November 2004, 05:27 AM
Sorry you got your mirror caps knicked, but I really don't think its a good idea to quote a car reg plate on here and accuse the driver of theft... As said above, if you are positive that you know what happened, you should go to the police... not put the details of the suspect on here!

Personally I think its really stupid that these mirror caps are so easy to remove... they're asking to be stolen! For £70 they should attach securely.

mgemie
23rd November 2004, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

If it's any help(which it wont)they brake when you take them off most tomes ,so although the wee sh*t should be shot,he probably can't use them.
Get his address and take the Pitlochry run to his house.....
And if you need new mirror covers,let me know,as i know a parts manager who will help you out.

would you be able to ask this parts dude about a new set of chrome ears (either new or 2nd hand) and PM with any prices he could do...? cheers mate

Mini Me
23rd November 2004, 05:29 AM
No probs,leave it with me i will see what i can blag(i mean do)

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 05:46 AM
oh some buggar just stole my bodyk

Dammit! ;)

Mini Me
23rd November 2004, 05:51 AM
you just know what's going to happen......please people,i like my job.....
i can't help if i'm unemployed

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 05:00 PM
Deep down I always new there was a decent bloke trying to get out :p:D:approve:

Tahra
23rd November 2004, 08:52 PM
Iain, where were you when our silver ears were pinched ;)

John (aka Mr Tahra), ex-MCS owner as of yesterday.

MartinSullivan
23rd November 2004, 09:04 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-043.gif <--- to Minime

Mini Me
24th November 2004, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-043.gif <--- to Minime
Oh <blush>:I

Mini Me
26th November 2004, 01:41 AM
Your shiny new mirrors will leave here fist thing tomorrow morning mgemie.........
1st class post.I will take them to the post office personaly.

mgemie
26th November 2004, 02:37 AM

Your shiny new mirrors will leave here fist thing tomorrow morning mgemie.........
1st class post.I will take them to the post office personaly.

:approve::approve::I:I:approve::):Di owe you big time for this mate... if you want anything in return don't hesitate to give me a buzz -i'm sure i could abuse the knowledge of my IT background :D... i'll buy you a few (dozen) drinks if i meet you on a run sometime

Big Col
26th November 2004, 04:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

:approve::approve::I:I:approve::):Di owe you big time for this mate... if you want anything in return don't hesitate to give me a buzz -i'm sure i could abuse the knowledge of my IT background :D... i'll buy you a few (dozen) drinks if i meet you on a run sometime

Just buy the weirdo a decent battery for his bike lamps and it'll be square mate. ;)

Mini Me
26th November 2004, 05:15 AM
feck off lanky:p

Big Col
26th November 2004, 05:29 AM

feck off lanky:p

:D:D:D

Mini Me
30th November 2004, 07:34 AM
Mgemie,just noticed you have yet to cast your vote for best dealer(couchsmenziesnotthatimcastingup):p:p
Who would get your vote:question:;):p:blackeye:

mgemie
30th November 2004, 02:19 PM
;)

Mgemie,just noticed you have yet to cast your vote for best dealer(couchsmenziesnotthatimcastingup):p:p

where do i cast my vote??? it obv. gonna be you though :D:D;)

Mini Me
1st December 2004, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Just buy the weirdo a decent battery for his bike lamps and it'll be square mate. ;)
Here, a very nice man that bought a MCS from me,and also works for a mountain bike supplier gave me new gell pack lighs(£300 worth) f.o.c today.............nice one chap:p:D
The service we deliver must be good;)

Mini Me
1st December 2004, 04:35 AM

;)

where do i cast my vote??? it obv. gonna be you though :D:D;)
Off topic and banter;)