PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system

mgemie
22nd November 2004, 06:13 AM
I'm looking at miniSports's Twin Exit Exhuast for the CS and was wondering, in short, what prevents this exhuast being fitted to MOs & MCs?

MartinSullivan
22nd November 2004, 06:25 AM
Cooper S exhausts have been fitted to a Cooper - this thread on Mini2 describes the mods that have to be carried out Fitting a Cooper S exhaust to a Cooper (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76614). It should be no harder to fit the Blueflame one as it comes with new hangers etc. Dont forget though - dont buy it from Mini Sport ;)

The Dogfather
22nd November 2004, 06:33 AM
Just gone for a custom built powerflow exhaust. These are built to suit the car I believe, so perhaps you could ask for one to be built with a centre exit!

Mine has a twin pipe exit where the single exhaust normally is on a MC. Sounds very loud though!

Scottie
22nd November 2004, 06:42 PM
Cooper S exhaust going free if you want it. Brand new never used. Replaced by works exhaust. I think it's from the cat back.

mgemie
24th November 2004, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Cooper S exhaust going free if you want it. Brand new never used. Replaced by works exhaust. I think it's from the cat back.

if its still going for free i'll take it... where do you stay? collection is probably easier me thinks...

mgemie
24th November 2004, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Cooper S exhausts have been fitted to a Cooper - this thread on Mini2 describes the mods that have to be carried out Fitting a Cooper S exhaust to a Cooper (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76614). It should be no harder to fit the Blueflame one as it comes with new hangers etc. Dont forget though - dont buy it from Mini Sport ;)

does blueflame package the rear valance (just like minisport) with the exhuast for the MINI?

mgemie
24th November 2004, 08:58 PM
also, am worried about fitting - after reading the Fitting a Cooper S exhaust to a Cooper thread on mini2 i know it can be done but i'd like someone else to fit if possible (i could do it myself but i'd like it done professionally). Would the dealers on here be able to say if they'd do such a job if approached by a customer such as myself? I'm wondering if my dealership would say 'yes' if i asked them...or if they'd just tell me that it couldnt be done. ALso, would fitting a CS exhuast to a MO/MC make my car fail an MOT in the future?

MartinSullivan
24th November 2004, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

does blueflame package the rear valance (just like minisport) with the exhuast for the MINI?

Yes they produce the rear valance

mgemie
27th November 2004, 02:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by mgemie

Yes they produce the rear valance

I emailed the blueflame dudes but no answer so am gonna phone them sometime when i've got the £££. Since you've bought this same exhuast for yourself i was wanting to ask you if this exhuast comes complete with all hangers/mounts - all i need to get is a few parts; hanger brackets etc mentioned in that MINI2 thread?

mgemie
11th December 2004, 12:11 PM
right....i've decided - i'm going to buy the blueflamme MCS dual exit exhuast (but not from MINISPORT M.S. ;);):D!!!) for my MO. Should i buy all the extra brackets/hangers etc i need from ma dealership and give these along with the 'xhuast when i take it to a garage for fitting? Or would it be better to just buy the 'xhuast and hope the garage does all fittingmods etc..? (i'm worried about the garage either telling me that it not poss to fit, or that they wont do it)...minime?? i need your wisdom here me thinks..