PDA

View Full Version : Fife Mini Drivers.

J Cee
20th November 2004, 05:42 AM
Hi Folks I have only a small question to ask? Why do 9 out of every 10 Mini drivers that pass you in Fife not wave, flash their lights or generally do the mini thing. Whats wrong with Fife Mini drivers don't they understand that they are driving the best thing since sliced bread.:mad::mad::mad:

sleepyrascal
20th November 2004, 05:57 AM
HAHA J CEE. It is not just Fyfe!!! There are so many people out there who buy the mini because its 'cool' and not because it's a mini. Generally, they don't buy into the waving thing. To be honest, I don't either because you get so many funny looks from mini drivers that dont wave back. I'll flash the lights if I know someone, but thats about it.

minimaster
20th November 2004, 07:37 AM
I totally agree with that, i waved to people at first but got virtually no responce so i am now one of the ignorant fifers!

3GGG
20th November 2004, 06:31 PM
I'm afraid I have given up waving and flashing as MINIs are so numerous nowadays - common as muck really - if I'm in the middle of nowhere and meet a MINI I might give a flash of the lights and will respond if I see someone waving at me.

Duncan Stewart
22nd November 2004, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

I'm afraid I have given up waving and flashing as MINIs are so numerous nowadays - common as muck really - if I'm in the middle of nowhere and meet a MINI I might give a flash of the lights and will respond if I see someone waving at me.

Ditto, I'm afraid :clown:

Kirsty
22nd November 2004, 11:02 PM
Yep I'll third what David said!! I sometimes wave but only if I'm feeling brave (get glares from people who don't know what it is to be a MINI driver) or don't mind feeling silly when I get no response. The only MINI that I regularly got waves from until the evenings got darker was on my way home from work, hitting Crombie at about 5.30pm and getting a wave from a bloke in a silver cooper (i think) Yayyy!!

Tahra
23rd November 2004, 03:17 AM
Yeah same here - you start to feel all subconcious cos theyre not waving back. Espec when you see the same car every day ( red mini, inverkeithing....) Get the fright of your life when someone waves these days.

But if a dirty green Rav waves at you - its me !

J Cee
23rd November 2004, 05:42 AM
In the last 6 weeks I have had a lone Mini from BMW as they made a major boo boo with my new delivery (that's another story). In this time I have done 3000 miles all over Fife. I wave and flash to all Mini drivers as I have Mini fever as well as being daft. So if you see an electric blue Cooper S with body colour roof and black lugs frantically waving and flashing the lights hoping for a response then you can be sure it's me!
P.S 3RD JANUARY 2005 I will take delivery of my long awaited dark silver cooper s works.

J Cee
23rd November 2004, 05:45 AM
Loan is what I meant but I am sure you all knew that NOT LONE!!!
(not lone ranger)

Duncan Stewart
23rd November 2004, 05:40 PM
I sometimes have to go to Perth for my work and usually pass an electric blue S between Cupar & Newburgh driven by a woman who always flashes (at both my Cooper and classic mini) - makes you feel there is still hope :D

minimaster
27th November 2004, 05:20 AM
is any one from the glenrothes area? there aint any decent minis kicking around so far!

Scottch
28th November 2004, 06:54 AM
We're in Kennoway - just took delivery this morning of our pepper white MCS with red vipers (you can't miss it!) we'll be waving and flashing (lights only!) from today onwards!

Cheers!

Scott

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:02 AM
Sounds nice mate the red vipers will be a bit different from the black! your lights will be enough flashing for me thanks haha!!!!

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:06 AM
Don't even go there buddy!! lol

Cheers!

Scott

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:07 AM
jcee what colour etc is ur car and i will make a point of flashing and waving and doing whatever else mini drivers are meant to do if i see u!!!!

Duncan Stewart
29th November 2004, 05:30 AM
I work in Markinch and I'm often in Glenrothes.

phantom
29th November 2004, 07:19 AM
I flash and wave at anyone who drives a mini, old and new, some respond and some don't but I wont give up!:cool: