PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Run to Blair Atholl 12/12 - ANYMORE?

The Dogfather
20th November 2004, 05:01 AM
We'll leave Duthie Park at 9.00am make sure you're there on time, if not try to catch up at either Ballater or Glenshee!

The weather forecast looks mild and wet so no need for a fair weather route!

The Route

Leave Duthie Park over King George V Bridge and towards the South Deeside Road (B9077) follow this road until it joins the A95 just east of Banchory. Before leaving Banchory a quick drive in drive out at the Tor Na Coille Hotel to collect Gareth and Em!

Rejoin A93 and follow this road all the way into Ballater.

First Regroup – Right in the centre of Ballater there’s a large church with a car park behind (with toilets) this is the regroup point.

Rejoin the main road (A93) continue along this road through Braemar and onto and over Glenshee Pass down the other side. Weeeeeee!

Second Regroup - At the bottom of the pass keep an eye open for the Spital of Glenshee this is the second regroup point.

Again rejoin the A93 heading south after 8 miles turn right onto the A950. Take the A950 until it reaches the A924. Turn right onto the A924 heading towards Pitlochry, the road continues all the way into the centre of Pitlochry turn right on reaching the main road towards Killiecrankie and Blair Atholl. Don’t take the A9! Follow the signs to Killiecrankie and continue along B8079 until Blair Atholl, the Atholl Arms is on the left hand side of the road.

1. BDM
2. Nenah
3. John
4. ScottyC
5. Martin S?
6. Bonnie Scotland
7. Sleepyrascal
8. G2-S (Banchory)
9. Sheilz
10. Julz (from Kirkmichael)

sleepyrascal
20th November 2004, 05:18 AM
sounds like you have it sorted!

MartinSullivan
20th November 2004, 06:09 AM
route sounds good Paul, like you say we need to get a bad weather route in place as well just in case :)

X30YES
20th November 2004, 06:11 AM
Happy 1000 Mart ;)just crashed the 500 myself

MartinSullivan
20th November 2004, 06:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

just crashed the 500 myself

Congratulations Angus ;)

X30YES
20th November 2004, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

just crashed the 500 myself

Congratulations Angus ;)
YVW:p

Scottie
21st November 2004, 07:09 AM
Allan just checked the map to see where the A924 was no any where near us:(

Guess we will head down the A9 all on our ownsume:(

Just us in two wee minis 8)

The Dogfather
21st November 2004, 07:58 AM
Fiona hasn't anyone else from Inverness registered?

Michael_mac
22nd November 2004, 08:48 PM
Fiona if you wanna set up a run from inverness to pitlochry speak to eggy as he is planning to be in Dingwall that weekend afore meeting up with the rest of the mini's at pitlochry (DON'T QUOPTE ME ON THAT AS I AINT 100% SURE)

Julz
1st December 2004, 05:28 PM
We might join you at Kirkmichael, not sure yet, any excuse to drive over the Moulin moor!!:D:D From the Spittal onwards is part of the Harvest Run in reverse!!:p

Either that or we'll just got to Dunkeld and up the A9!!:)

Gismo
1st December 2004, 05:57 PM
I'll join the Aberdeen route, please put me on the list :cool:

Gismo
1st December 2004, 06:50 PM
What time are we leaving Aberdeen :question::sleepy:

The Dogfather
1st December 2004, 06:58 PM
Oops thought I'd put that in 9.00am - Gives us 3 hours to get there!

G2 - S
1st December 2004, 08:46 PM
BDM - Whats the plan for the day? Leaving Abz 9 arriving 12 - 1 ish then....????

Is it a cruise round about then evening meal at the Atholl arms? Em & I will be coming I think but have to go through to Edinburgh for early evening I think.

Cheers,
G

ScottyC
1st December 2004, 10:46 PM
sorry guys i'm going to have to bail on this. having to work

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 12:31 AM
G2 - We'll be meeting for lunch followed by a chat. Intentionally left it open-ended so people are free to leave, visit Bruar/Pitlochry etc whenever they like. I think the drive there will be sufficient for most but some may wish to have a blast around Loch Tay depending on the weather before driving back.

Scott - Shame you can't make it, we've got the social night on the 16th, perhaps see you then?

G2 - S
2nd December 2004, 12:49 AM
Cheers mate.

Nenah
2nd December 2004, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bad Dog Mini
We'll also need a bad weather route avoiding the high bits any suggestions?

1. BDM
2. Nenah?
3. John
4. ScottyC
5. Martin S?
6. Bonnie Scotland
7. Sleepyrascal
8. G2-S?
9. Sheilz
10. Julz (from Kirkmichael)

As if there is any doubt there I wouldnt be joing the Aberdeen Run to Blair Athol!?! :eek: Please remove the question mark - exclamation mark!!! :D

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 04:29 AM
Nenah - Just checking ;)

Eggy7496
2nd December 2004, 05:27 AM
sorry paul im not going to make it as i have my mates party on the saturday in dingwall and i wont have my car

Scottie
2nd December 2004, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

sorry paul im not going to make it as i have my mates party on the saturday in dingwall and i wont have my car

You can have a seat in Allan's blue cooper s if u want. Never know you might get a shot;) Need to pick you up @ Dingwall but.

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 05:50 AM
Just don't let him overtake :eek:

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 07:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

You can have a seat in Allan's blue cooper s if u want. Never know you might get a shot;) Need to pick you up @ Dingwall but.

Eh.. yeh well I dont think I can take my car either anymore so its ok eggy, i'll drive allans car. haha :D:D kidding.

K1MUR
3rd December 2004, 12:24 AM
Guys,

My young brother has moved to Aberdeen. He has a Red cooper S 'R1MUR'. He would be into these things, how often is there a Run up in Aberdeen? Hes only ever had 2 cars - both being MINI's... sure hed enjoy the banter of a Convoy...........

The Dogfather
3rd December 2004, 12:43 AM
More than happy to have him along.

G2 - S
4th December 2004, 07:44 PM
BDM - Make Em & I a definate! We'll also join for food.

We'll be coming from Sauchen so think we'll join up with you all at Banchory. Are you having a meet point there or will I just hang round the main street till I see you and tag along?

Cheers folks.
G

sleepyrascal
4th December 2004, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

BDM - Make Em & I a definate! We'll also join for food.

We'll be coming from Sauchen so think we'll join up with you all at Banchory. Are you having a meet point there or will I just hang round the main street till I see you and tag along?

Cheers folks.
G

Hey G2. Whats the name of that big hotel on your right hand side as you leave Banchory. I cant remember. Anyway, there is a big empty car park there which would be a good meeting place. I'm sure this would be cool with Bad Dog.

The Dogfather
5th December 2004, 04:48 AM
G - We'll go with what Sleepy suggest, PM me your mobile number and I'll text you when we leave Duthie Park.

G2 - S
6th December 2004, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea. It'll be the Tor Na Coille Hotel your thinking about. Nice big carpark just on the main road. www.tornacoille.com/location

BD - I'll pm you my moby.

Looking forward to it! Only thing is, I can't stand seeing Ernie dirty and I know with all the salt on the roads they are all going to be SOOOOOO dirty!

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 04:56 PM
The front of my car is relatively clean but the back is so bad you can't read the number plate! Perfect!

john
6th December 2004, 11:19 PM
I will be there and I want fed TOO!!

PS talk quietly as its my works night out on the 11th:cool:

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 11:20 PM
Will you be requiring a designated driver? :dead::p:dead::sleepy:

Big Col
6th December 2004, 11:36 PM
Another edit BDM?

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 11:42 PM
Same reason as the last. Couldn't remember the [codes]

X30YES
8th December 2004, 04:23 AM
I have just managed to get HOGG88 soon to have a new rag top in the next couple of weeks along to the run/meet on Sunday , so it will be one more for food Paul at the Hotel if that's ok

sleepyrascal
8th December 2004, 10:39 AM
Paul,

Really sorry but some sh*t is going down with this First Aberdeen project and i will be working flat out until the 13th at 5pm. We have a meeting on Sunday to tie up some loose ends and I dont think my team would be entirely amused if I told them I was going off on a run.

Hope you all have a great time though! GUTTED!:(:(:dead::evil::mad::disapprove::sleepy::( :evil:

I'll hopefully make it down to Duthie park before you leave! To get some pics etc.

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear you can't make it. Hope to see you on Sunday morning :sleepy:.

BTW am I right in saying you have a camera mount for your car?

G2 - S
8th December 2004, 06:47 PM
Are we down to 7 aberdeen cars? Thats a shame!

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 06:55 PM
One of those won't be joining until Kirkmichael as well! People are busy (and skint) this close to Christmas so it's understandable.

sleepyrascal
8th December 2004, 07:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Hope to see you on Sunday morning :sleepy:.

BTW am I right in saying you have a camera mount for your car?

No Bad dog, I dont. I will hopefully have one for the Cullen 05 Run. I'm sure Eggy was looking into buying one though!

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 07:33 PM
Bugger, I wanted to borrow one for a reccie on the Twilight Run next month.

Julz
8th December 2004, 09:51 PM

One of those won't be joining until Kirkmichael as well!

And that's a mibee!!:clown: Not sure whether we will be going direct or not!!:)

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:19 PM
Noted!

Had a better offer then?

Julz
8th December 2004, 10:25 PM
Well, it's either an extra hour in bed to recover from the champagne hangover or getting out of bed an hour earlier, as much as I love you all, the idea of an extra hour in bed wins!!:p:):sleepy:

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:28 PM
God you're as bad as Jackie! She's not coming 'cause she'd have to be up at 7.30am on a Sunday to get to Duthie Park on time.

Oh and the fact my driving scares her sh!tless :eek:

Julz
8th December 2004, 10:31 PM
I never get to stay in bed longer than 10am on a sunday, we live right opposite the village church, which rings its bell for 5 whole bloomin' minutes on a sunday!!:eek::evil:

Big Col
8th December 2004, 10:35 PM
You live next to a church Julz? I thought you living that close would boil the Holy Water! ;)

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:35 PM
John - If you can't find that map to Julz house, just check out houses opposite churches :p ;)

You need to sneak in one night and pinch the ringers (or whatever the clanger thing in the bells are called). The church won't be able to afford to replace it! :evil:

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
You live next to a church Julz? I thought you living that close would boil the Holy Water! ;)
:):D:eek:

Big Col
8th December 2004, 10:38 PM

You need to sneak in one night and pinch the ringers (or whatever the clanger thing in the bells are called). The church won't be able to afford to replace it! :evil:

They're called clangers aint they? ;)

Julz
8th December 2004, 10:41 PM

John - If you can't find that map to Julz house, just check out houses opposite churches :p ;)

And there isn't many of them is there??:p

And Col, if it wasn't for me, that church would be flooded due to burst pipes!;):D

Big Col
8th December 2004, 10:43 PM
I wonder if churches can get insurance against acts of god...

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:48 PM

Probably not, the insurance companies will put any damage down to a deliberate act by the house owner!

Nenah
8th December 2004, 11:45 PM

ROLF!!! :D:D:D

See Billy Connelly's Movie: The Man that Sued God - that will answer your question!

Gismo
10th December 2004, 09:59 PM
Ok, spanner in the works, we leave Duthie Park at 9am to meet up at Blair Atholl for 1pm, 4 hours, now, i like my bed in the mornings :I are we leaving a wee bit early :I
For example, the Stirling crew are leaving the service station at 10:30, means i could leave my house at 9am to get there ;) gives me an extra hour in bed :p
It's not my run, but........:clown:

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 12:24 AM
BS - Quite right it's not your run :p

Seriously though, Multimap says 4 hours for the 150 mile run. I know we'll be going a bit quicker than the average speeds they use but we'll also be stopping 3 times.

In summary - Get out of bed early :sleepy: Alan we'll be leaving at 9am ;)

<Spanner removed from works and quietly replaced in toolbox.>

Gismo
11th December 2004, 12:38 AM
BS - Quite right it's not your run :p
:blackeye::p:I:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: See you's at 8.59 then ;)

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 12:53 AM
:D

Sheilz
11th December 2004, 07:03 AM
I have to throw a tiny little spanner into the works BDM. Catriona is going to her elder sister's for the day so I'm dropping her off at Stanley St at 9am. Lindsay sounded quite horrified at that. Am too feart to ask if I can drop her off any earlier so I will be a few mins late at Duthie Park (5-10mins). Hope you dont mind waiting for us?:D:D:D

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 07:09 AM
No problem, Sheilz. Soon as you arrive we'll drive off.

Gismo
11th December 2004, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
be a few mins late at Duthie Park (5-10mins). Hope you dont mind waiting for us?:D:D:D
Yay, an extra 10 mins in ma bed :sleepy:

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 08:27 AM
:eek:

Sheilz
11th December 2004, 08:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
be a few mins late at Duthie Park (5-10mins). Hope you dont mind waiting for us?:D:D:D
Yay, an extra 10 mins in ma bed :sleepy:

You can return the favour another time!
:approve:;);):D

G2 - S
12th December 2004, 03:24 AM
see you all tomorrow.
:)

Nenah
12th December 2004, 04:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

see you all tomorrow.
:)

Yep - 9.10am! Dont be late! :D:D

red devil
13th December 2004, 01:04 AM
My boyfriend Tam 1314 went in past Blair Atholl today on way home from mine in Lossiemouth to his in West Lothian and didnt see any minis there , he has just texted me to ask what time you were all meeting at , mind you theres probably no one to answer my question as you will all be away !

Kirsty
14th December 2004, 07:26 AM
We were having lunch at between 1-3 I think!! Can't quite remember too busy stuffing our faces!! HEE HEE!!! Hope to see you on a run sometime Caroline!!

The Dogfather
14th December 2004, 07:33 AM
Caroline - There's a run from Aberdeen to Glenlivet at the end of Jan. Maybe of interest to you and Tam :D