PDA

View Full Version : Seat backs

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 01:18 AM
Ok im on the look out for seat backs again. Any ideas. JC want 85 quid to supply and fit..... YEH RIGHT!!

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 01:21 AM
Have you tried www.newminiparts.co.uk - its a heaven for minis in Manchester - I have had a few things from them. Speak to Chris on 0161-761-1615 or 07971-845-395.

Should imagine he might be able to help you out

Edit - can't have you calling it a scrap yard!!:eek:

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 01:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Edit - can't have you calling it a scrap yard!!:eek:

Sorry Julz!!!! :D

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 01:30 AM
i phoned and they said probably no but they will look 2moro when its daylight. He said he has a few seats that have been damaged when the airbag was launched so i might get some from there. Cheers Mart

Scottie
19th November 2004, 01:34 AM
Sorry the seat backs of my spare seats are powder blue.

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 01:40 AM
no bother scottie

Gismo
19th November 2004, 01:52 AM
I'm sure a MINI2 member has an auto salvage yard (is that ok Julz ;)) in England
You might want to try asking him, his user name is cjp :)

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 01:52 AM
nice one BS

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 02:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm sure a MINI2 member has an auto salvage yard (is that ok Julz ;)) in England
You might want to try asking him, his user name is cjp :)

Thats Chris

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 02:21 AM
ah, same guy.

Gismo
19th November 2004, 02:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
ah, same guy.
He must have changed his business name :I

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 02:29 AM
yeah the main bit is called Evolution Salvage - but now he has a mini only bit called newminiparts

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 02:30 AM
i noticed he has a cooper s works that was featured in go mini.. all smashed up!

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 02:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
He said he has a few seats that have been damaged when the airbag was launched so i might get some from there.

I was thinking that was probably the only way he was going to let you have them

MartinSullivan
26th November 2004, 06:36 PM
Sleepy - found a thread on Mini2 about repairing scratches in the plastic trim - involves the use of a china pencil. The thread was started by our own 3GGG, and he was impressed with how well the fix worked.

It doesnt specifically mention the seat backs - but I would think you could get similar results. I'm going to give it a go on the plastic in the boot.

You can read the thread here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14329). Dont know if it will help but might be worth a try - got to be cheaper than new seat backs. Maybe 3GGG can cast some more light on it.

You can get china pencils from Hobbycraft (http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/)

sleepyrascal
26th November 2004, 10:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Sleepy - found a thread on Mini2 about repairing scratches in the plastic trim - involves the use of a china pencil. The thread was started by our own 3GGG, and he was impressed with how well the fix worked.

It doesnt specifically mention the seat backs - but I would think you could get similar results. I'm going to give it a go on the plastic in the boot.

You can read the thread here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14329). Dont know if it will help but might be worth a try - got to be cheaper than new seat backs. Maybe 3GGG can cast some more light on it.

You can get china pencils from Hobbycraft (http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/)

CHEERS MARTIN.

ONly problem is the number of scratches on my seat backs. It would probably take weeks to cover them all up with a china pencil. I have heard of a guy who skims and re textures seat backs. It was on mini2 somewhere but I cant find it now. Ill have to go n have a search.!

MartinSullivan
26th November 2004, 11:05 PM
No probs Sleepy, there is a post by a guy called Andy_AJ saying that he had his seat backs skimmed and treated by his dealer for about £30 - but doesnt give any more detail.

I take it Chris at newminiparts never got back with anything?

There is a guy on ebay called vitobrabus (or something like that) who must run a "mini heaven" as well judging by the amount of mini spares he sells , might be worth dropping him an email

sleepyrascal
26th November 2004, 11:29 PM
Nice one Martin. I need to get back to Chris actually. I said I would phone this week.

Ill have a look on ebay.

CHEERS!